Good memories | The Boneyard

Good memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...-dream-season-1226-20141225-story.html#page=1

Not too many players since had the understanding of the game he had coming in. The natural instincts, the maturity to come in and be a leader as a freshman. Was fun to watch and he was the main reason that team had such an outstanding press as the season gained traction. Guards feared their next move/pass........good ole days! Feel bad for you young guys that didn't get to see Nadav and that team throw defense at teams!

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...-dream-season-1226-20141225-story.html#page=1

Not too many players since had the understanding of the game he had coming in. The natural instincts, the maturity to come in and be a leader as a freshman. Was fun to watch and he was the main reason that team had such an outstanding press as the season gained traction. Guards feared their next move/pass...good ole days! Feel bad for you young guys that didn't get to see Nadav and that team throw defense at teams!
Like yesterday. I often wonder how good the Huskies would have been in 90/91 if he had returned. He was a game changer: poised, polished, and pure poison defensively.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Not too many players since had the understanding of the game he had coming in. The natural instincts, the maturity to come in and be a leader as a freshman. Was fun to watch and he was the main reason that team had such an outstanding press as the season gained traction. Guards feared their next move/pass...good ole days! Feel bad for you young guys that didn't get to see Nadav and that team throw defense at teams!
Old guy here but I haven't yet totally lost my mind. Hard to forget that team and their unexpected magic.

Reaction Score
Paywall - gotta' be a subscriber to read the Courant now. Makes me wonder why anyone would advertise in the Courant anymore.

Reaction Score
Nadav was an awesome player. He was really the X-factor, IMO. His instincts and reflexes were amazing.

Reaction Score
Great memories and as Dogpause said, amazing instincts and reflexes. He instinctively knew where the pass was going and would cut off the passing lane. The anchor of a great defense.

Reaction Score
I think he was the most well rounded player I've seen at UConn other than Caron.

Reaction Score
One of the most mature, composed players I've witnessed. Loved it when Mourning would talk smack the entire time he was on the line .... and Henefeld would never flinch.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
A great part of Husky lore...mysterious player appears from out of nowhere and then rides off into the sunset. He was a real life Senor Testiculo.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I still clearly see opposing point guards slowly approaching out half court zone not knowing where to pass. Then they toss to a wing and...STOLEN BY HENEFELD!!

Reaction Score
One of the most mature, composed players I've witnessed. Loved it when Mourning would talk smack the entire time he was on the line .... and Henefeld would never flinch.
To this day, I still loathe Mourning for what he was doing to Henefeld.

Reaction Score
To this day, I still loathe Mourning for what he was doing to Henefeld.
It is interesting that there wasn't more made of that back then. If that happened today there would be a media storm about the incident and many Jewish and political organizations taking a stand.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Glue. He was a force unto himself too, but we was what pulled that team together. The defense was, I think, our best, most disruptive ever. We always knew a run was coming.
Then the ball trickled out of Nate's fingers and Nadav decided not to come back. I was much more bummed about the latter.

Reaction Score
138 Steals = still a freshman record.
Dove was like a one-man press out there...

Reaction Score
That Elite 8 loss to Dook is probably still the worst I've ever felt after a UCONN loss. I never thought that magical season would end until we won it all. Especially after the Clemson game, it seemed to be our destiny.

Reaction Score
Glue. He was a force unto himself too, but we was what pulled that team together. The defense was, I think, our best, most disruptive ever. We always knew a run was coming.
Then the ball trickled out of Nate's fingers and Nadav decided not to come back. I was much more bummed about the latter.

I remember when the news broke locally about Nadav not coming back. It was August. He had a deposit in on his apartment and all. It was like, what???? Never thought it would happen like that.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
A great part of Husky lore...mysterious player appears from out of nowhere and then rides off into the sunset. He was a real life Senor Testiculo.

Somewhere between Spider Hesford & Sidd Finch.

Reaction Score
138 Steals = still a freshman record.
Dove was like a one-man press out there...

What's even more amazing is the fact the announcers said "....deflected by Henefeld....." a million times too! While he had a ton of steals he also created so many for others. His anticipation was 2nd to NONE!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
dogpause said:
Paywall - gotta' be a subscriber to read the Courant now. Makes me wonder why anyone would advertise in the Courant anymore.

The website is so slow and disorganized, why would anyone feel compelled to read it let alone pay for it.

Congrats Courant, you New Coke'd yourself. Worst web site I can think of right now.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Nadav was all the things that have been pointed out, as well as one of the smartest basketball players that we have had. He did have nerves of steel and just seemed to see the game in slow-motion. Boy could this year's team use a player who resembled Henefeld even a little. It was a shame he did not play another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom