Good Luck to UCONN Tonight | The Boneyard

Good Luck to UCONN Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Please accept my apology for any over zealous Baylor comments I have made. I truly respect the UCONN program, more than any other in the nation, and I wish you nothing but the best of luck. I will be in Denver and my dream matchup would UCONN and Baylor in the final. If Baylor is to win the NC I want it to be against the best. And if we lose, I want it to be against the best.

Thank you for letting me ride along with you guys this year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks for the post, ETT. Congrats on Baylor's win.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
After last year's loss in the elite 8, I know Baylor won't be overlooking anybody -- least of all Stanford -- on its quest for the NC, but I fully expect them to be there in the Final. We have some work to do just to get to the FF, starting tonight. If we were to end up in a rematch with Baylor in the Final, it would be a fitting capstone to the season for both teams.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Nice win yesterday, and congrats on a great season. Williams has gotten much better for you guys.

Reaction Score
No need to apologize for what might be deemed overzealous comments on this site. We Uconn fans might take our zeal to an extreme as well, not that we would recognize it here. I for one enjoy your input. What joy in being a fan would there be if the Boneyard was just a mutual admiration society.

I too would like to see a Uconn Baylor final, assuming we get there. Yes, I'd like Uconn to win, but there would be no shame in losing to Baylor.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for the Baylor entire Baylor organization. What a year your teams are having, not to mention the best football player in the land.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
ETT--

I enjoy your posts and learn from your explanations of Baylor's strategy, etc. One game at a time, and perhaps we, or our teams, can meet again in 2012!

Reaction Score
I never jumped into the thread b/c I could tell you were having a March Madness Meltdown that would pass by morning. Apology accepted ... we've all been there:)

Glad you're back and glad your team stopped ESPN's Geno-Pat circus last night.

Can't think about a Baylor-UConn match-up yet. I just want to reach the FF tonight!

Reaction Score
I never jumped into the thread b/c I could tell you were having a March Madness Meltdown that would pass by morning. Apology accepted ... we've all been there:)

Glad you're back and glad your team stopped ESPN's Geno-Pat circus last night.

Can't think about a Baylor-UConn match-up yet. I just want to reach the FF tonight!

Yes, reaching the final four is objective #1 right now. Beating Kentucky won't be a walk in the park, thats for sure. I've never seen a team that presses for forty minutes. Hopefully UCONN can pass over the press and get easy layups.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think that, other than a regular season trap game, there are only 2 teams that have a chance at beating Baylor this year: Stanford and UConn. I'm not sure either one can, but I think they are more likely than Maryland or ND. We led Baylor at Waco but couldn't close it out. The Ogwumkie sisters will be something that Baylor has not seen yet. I'm not saying that Baylor can't handle them, but it will be different. I just don't see Maryland or ND matching up well enough with Baylor. Baylor os the clear favorite, but in my view, is not a slam dunk, so to speak.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I didn't realize that Alexis Prince was a wing/PF hybrid and not a post player. She's going to be a nice piece for Baylor next season.

UConn-Baylor next February is going to be a war. And should the two teams meet before then, should be a good game. The first installment was one of the better games of the season, one of the few national games that didn't disappoint.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I didn't realize that Alexis Prince was a wing/PF hybrid and not a post player. She's going to be a nice piece for Baylor next season.

UConn-Baylor next February is going to be a war. And should the two teams meet before then, should be a good game. The first installment was one of the better games of the season, one of the few national games that didn't disappoint.

I think that Prince will be of value with her mid-range game, which is supposed to be outstanding. If she proves that she can rebound I suspect that Pope will see even fewer minutes next year. Sims and Hayden are coming on very nicely as three point shooters and the PG that is coming in, Niya Johnson, who will be playing in the McDonald's All American game tonight, should provide a nice spark off the bench. I think she will be a pretty decent replacement for Condrey. Many also believe Higgins (6-4) to be an underrated post player that will see some playing time.

Hate to look past the FF, but next year's game is going to be some kind of matchup of great teams. I know that Baylor is not bringing in the same talent that UCONN is, but adding two MD AAs is not a bad haul to go with what will be an incredibly talented senior class.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
We might not have an All American even next year. Because, "We don't need no stinkin' All-American."

Besides we have a Honey Badger and she has been busy raising other Honey Badgers and Honey Badger don't care. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom