Good games on today | The Boneyard

Good games on today

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
right now unc vs uk. Kentucky seems they don't run much of anything and just throw it into the bigs bc of their size and lack of breakdown guards. Unc looks good as a team loves to get out and run

Reaction Score
Kentucky looks like they might do to UNC what they did to Kanas. The Poythress injury might be a blessing in disguise for them.

Reaction Score
Not sure how losing Poythress can be good but they had a great 1st half but UNC is just an awful defensive team - again!

Reaction Score
The Harrison's push off every time they penetrate and their bigs are illegal screen machines. UK is starting to get the Duke treatment.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Not sure how losing Poythress can be good but they had a great 1st half but UNC is just an awful defensive team - again!

The one way it maybe helps is that they were playing Poythress as a 3 in order to make the platoon system work and he's better suited as a 4 in college. Just the couple minutes I've watched, I've seen Ulis-Harrison-Harrison at the 1-3 or Ulis-Booker-Harrison, which are lineups they never really used before - and that's is a better college lineup, especially since they have plenty of size at the 4-5.

Reaction Score
The one way it maybe helps is that they were playing Poythress as a 3 in order to make the platoon system work and he's better suited as a 4 in college. Just the couple minutes I've watched, I've seen Ulis-Harrison-Harrison at the 1-3 or Ulis-Booker-Harrison, which are lineups they never really used before - and that's is a better college lineup, especially since they have plenty of size at the 4-5.

I agree, they've never used Poythress correctly anyway. My point is he's such a good player it can't help to not have him available. He should just finish the semester, get healthy and play somewhere he can get 30 minutes a game in.

Reaction Score
Poythress is a good player, but as gurleyman said, he was always a four masquerading as a three. And with Kentucky's five NBA players in the front court, he was never going to see any minutes there. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him in a heartbeat, but watching the game today...just look at how much better the spacing is with Ulis-Harrison-Harrison and Ulis-Booker-Harrison. I don't think it's a coincidence that they're having by far their best shooting game of the year.

Reaction Score
I get that but I think they'd be better with him at the 4. Who really has stood out of the others? You see flashes once in a while from the kids but so far not justified to be playing over Poythress - but that's just me!

Reaction Score
I get that but I think they'd be better with him at the 4. Who really has stood out of the others? You see flashes once in a while from the kids but so far not justified to be playing over Poythress - but that's just me!

You must have caught Poythess on one of his good days. He is consistently inconsistent.

Reaction Score

I just don't see it. Cauley-Stein, Karl Towns, Dakari Johnson, and Trey Lyles have all been among the most productive big men in the country. I can't see where they would have found minutes for Poythress at the four.

On another note, Oklahoma is embarrassing Tulsa. The Big Twelve is really good this year.

Reaction Score
You put Cauley-Stein and Poythress on the floor with the 3 guards and you would have the best team of them all. Fly up and down the floor, guard people on both ends. Maybe give up a couple blocked shots but man that's an athletic squad. Towns and Lyles have had some flashes but they also have some rough outings.

I'll tell you what you take one of those and I'll take a healthy Poythress right now. Not talking potential here or 5 years from now.

Oh hell this one's over anyway, he's injured.

Reaction Score
Another Kentucky thread? Why don't we just pin one? This board is becoming unreadable, we need that coppin st game stat.

Reaction Score
Pretty good one with Northern Iowa at VCU - now in double OT. Don't know if it's on anywhere. Larrier has 9 to break a three-game doughnut streak. He's been struggling a little since a good start.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Cincy down big early vs nebraska (the team who lost to incarnate word). This conference we are in.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom