Good game, fellas | The Boneyard

Good game, fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know I came over here this week and ruffled some feathers but I want everyone to know it was all in good fun and I didn't mean any harm by it. I was extremely impressed with what I saw out of UConn today. It's obvious Bob Diaco has the Huskies going in the right direction. The speed I saw on the field from UConn today was far and above anything I've seen in the recent past. Arkeel Newsome.. Wow. You got a steal with that kid. He's a little small but he's going to have a great career at UConn. The first drive the Huskies had on the day was great. Shirreffs is a really good runner and has some throwing talent as well. The rain had a negative impact on both teams, I thought, with the bad snaps from UC and the fumble from UConn. Your defense played really solid as Gunner Kiel didn't have many windows to fit the ball into his recievers today and yards on the ground were hard to come by. The thing that impressed me most from UConn is they didn't quit. That was on full display when your special teams forced that missed field goal late in the third quarter. You have a young but talented team that will continue to get better as this season goes on. I just hope that a power five team doesn't scoop up Diaco after the year because UConn being good is obviously good for the AAC. Good luck the rest of the year guys.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Your defense played really solid as Gunner Kiel didn't have many windows to fit the ball into his recievers today and yards on the ground were hard to come by.

Really? That doesn't sound like the game I was watching. Kiel didn't need windows. We provided him with oversized sliding doors. And I'd say coming by yards on the ground was anything but difficult for the Bearcats. With all due respect, while I appreciate your complimentary post-game gesture, it strikes me as a bit disingenuous.

Reaction Score
I know I came over here this week and ruffled some feathers but I want everyone to know it was all in good fun and I didn't mean any harm by it. I was extremely impressed with what I saw out of UConn today. It's obvious Bob Diaco has the Huskies going in the right direction. The speed I saw on the field from UConn today was far and above anything I've seen in the recent past. Arkeel Newsome.. Wow. You got a steal with that kid. He's a little small but he's going to have a great career at UConn. The first drive the Huskies had on the day was great. Shirreffs is a really good runner and has some throwing talent as well. The rain had a negative impact on both teams, I thought, with the bad snaps from UC and the fumble from UConn. Your defense played really solid as Gunner Kiel didn't have many windows to fit the ball into his recievers today and yards on the ground were hard to come by. The thing that impressed me most from UConn is they didn't quit. That was on full display when your special teams forced that missed field goal late in the third quarter. You have a young but talented team that will continue to get better as this season goes on. I just hope that a power five team doesn't scoop up Diaco after the year because UConn being good is obviously good for the AAC. Good luck the rest of the year guys.
Nostical, let me handle this. Dude, go F yourself. When's the last time Cincy won a championship in anything relevant?

Reaction Score
Nostical, let me handle this. Dude, go F yourself. When's the last time Cincy won a championship in anything relevant?
?? I came on here to compliment your team after Cincy and UConn played a good football game and this is how I'm treated? I don't get it. We both know UConn is really young but they came in here and really battled and had a chance to win late. I want UConn to be good and they're on the way. I know the process is frustrating but you don't have to take it out on opposing fans acknowledging a good football game.

Reaction Score

Believe me, nobody is going to scoop up Diaco or want to. He has yet to demonstrate he has grasped how to be a competent head coach. He has done some things well, but by the most important measure, the jury is still out. He probably has at least one more season to show real improvement in on the field play and all that goes with that, such as competent in game coaching decisions or, more broadly, even putting together a competent staff.
Bottom line, nobody is swooping in to steal him.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Have you not read any of the drivel this d!ckhead has posted all week? Jackass.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
?? I came on here to compliment your team after Cincy and UConn played a good football game and this is how I'm treated? I don't get it. We both know UConn is really young but they came in here and really battled and had a chance to win late. I want UConn to be good and they're on the way. I know the process is frustrating but you don't have to take it out on opposing fans acknowledging a good football game.
You post sounds condescending and sarcastic. And your timing sucks.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Congrats on the win...again. I think we watched a completely different game though. Once again, our guys looked completely overmatched, outskilled and outcoached in every facet of the game. We will never win a game in Cincinnati. Ever. You guys have our football number for sure - and we seem to play with our tails between our legs each time we meet.

Yesterday was a blowout in every possible way. We didn't show any improvement over last year's game, aside from an opening drive score and a couple of bad snaps by your Center. We still have a LONG way to go to get back to playing competitively against the upper echelon teams of the AAC.

Kiel couldn't have picked a better opponent to return from injury against. Our soft zones and zero pass rush made it way too easy for him to find open receivers all game long. Now that he's dusted off the cobwebs against a soft defense, he should be ready for your season going forward.

Congrats on the victory. You guys will no doubt go bowling again this year. I hope that we can get back doing that, like we did when we were Big East foes, at some point too.

Reactions: pj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32