Good game fellas | The Boneyard

Good game fellas

Reaction Score
First off, I want to apologize, I predicted a 38 point Bearcat victory and that was an extremely optimistic view by myself. I believe Cincinnati's biggest lead was only 25. Your team played well today, Purvis was really hot and Vital can flat out stroke the ball. Jalen Adams didn't play his absolute best today but that kid is a force on both ends. UConn is playing short handed, but the kids they are able to play certainly play with a chip on their shoulder, they flat out don't accept losing. If they continue to play with the heart they displayed today I have no doubt they can and will finish close to .500. There was a point in this game where the Bearcats easily could of ran away from UConn but coach Ollie wouldn't have it and the Huskies showed the heart of a champion and almost got it within single digets in the final minute. These rock fights between UC and UConn never disappoint. I'll look forward to our game at UConn to end the season, let's play another good one. You've always had Bearcat Nations respect, today's game was further proof of that.

Reaction Score
Not enough effort of D. They don't care enough. Gabby Williams would have hustled to contest those shots from the top of the key.
One more year to produce.............then I say goodbye Kevin.
He gets a pass this season, because of the injuries.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Not enough effort of D. They don't care enough. Gabby Williams would have hustled to contest those shots from the top of the key.
One more year to produce...then I say goodbye Kevin.
Theirs minds can not process the game action at the pace the game is being played. It is not from lack of hustle.

Reaction Score

I did not notice a lack of effort today. UConn basically has six capable players right now, that's just not enough in major D-1 basketball especially against an upper echelon team like Cincinnati. KO won the national title a few years ago, you can't just run him out after one below average year, especially with the injury situation being what it is. If the teams like like this still in five or six years then you might have a case for a coaching change.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I did not notice a lack of effort today. UConn basically has six capable players right now, that's just not enough in major D-1 basketball especially against an upper echelon team like Cincinnati. KO won the national title a few years ago, you can't just run him out after one below average year, especially with the injury situation being what it is. If the teams like like this still in five or six years then you might have a case for a coaching change.

I agree with your assessment - congrats on your win and the season so far
Thanks
Certain people just love to bash KO because they have nothing better to do or just don't get it

Reaction Score
I was proud of the way the Huskies played with pride until the final buzzer. There was a point in the game I thought they were letting up but a time out by Coach Ollie brought the Huskie pride back. If anyone thinks the UCONN basketball program would be better without Kevin Ollie I strongly disagree with you. Without Ollie the UCONN family will disappear and so will the program. The recruits do not come to UCONN to play in the AAC they come to play for Coach Ollie and it's family.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

's about to get interesting if the Woman's board is starting to breed trolls. It was only a matter of time before one of their grand-kids went rogue.

Reaction Score
First off, I want to apologize, I predicted a 38 point Bearcat victory and that was an extremely optimistic view by myself. I believe Cincinnati's biggest lead was only 25. Your team played well today, Purvis was really hot and Vital can flat out stroke the ball. Jalen Adams didn't play his absolute best today but that kid is a force on both ends. UConn is playing short handed, but the kids they are able to play certainly play with a chip on their shoulder, they flat out don't accept losing. If they continue to play with the heart they displayed today I have no doubt they can and will finish close to .500. There was a point in this game where the Bearcats easily could of ran away from UConn but coach Ollie wouldn't have it and the Huskies showed the heart of a champion and almost got it within single digets in the final minute. These rock fights between UC and UConn never disappoint. I'll look forward to our game at UConn to end the season, let's play another good one. You've always had Bearcat Nations respect, today's game was further proof of that.

I know you are trolling, but I will give you props for the quality of your troll posts.

On more serious note, Cincy is a very good team. I was surprised at how often they shoot the three. When I watched the SMU v Cincy game I thought you guys taking so many that game was an anomaly but it seems like the 3 is a big part of your offense. My only concern for Cincy in the tourney is if you live by the three you also can die by the three.

Clark is probably my favorite non-UConn player, that guy is just a baller. Tough guy, who gives it his all, and has great feel for his offensive game.

I don't really follow CIncy (I mean let's be honest not that many people do), but it seems Caupain has regressed this year.

Overall, Cincy played a very good game and is a great team. If we don't make the tourney I'll be cheering for you guys.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I know you are trolling, but I will give you props for the quality of your troll posts.

On more serious note, Cincy is a very good team. I was surprised at how often they shoot the three. When I watched the SMU v Cincy game I thought you guys taking so many that game was an anomaly but it seems like the 3 is a big part of your offense. My only concern for Cincy in the tourney is if you live by the three you also can die by the three.

Clark is probably my favorite non-UConn player, that guy is just a baller. Tough guy, who gives it his all, and has great feel for his offensive game.

I don't really follow CIncy (I mean let's be honest not that many people do), but it seems Caupain has regressed this year.

Overall, Cincy played a very good game and is a great team. If we don't make the tourney I'll be cheering for you guys.
I was impressed with the depth of players who can make plays for Cincy and the poise and decision-making Cincy showed. Hard to tell for a non-follower of Cincy basketball to know if how well they shot 3's was normal or an anomaly. Seemed they hit a lot of 3's that were not the best of shots, sort of lucky, but I admit my ignorance. Obviously, Cincinnati has a really good team this year and I wish them well moving forward.

Reaction Score
Do you realize that even though Gabby Williams is athletic for the women's game, she would have been the least athletic player on the floor in the men's game today?

Reaction Score
Do you realize that even though Gabby Williams is athletic for the women's game, she would have been the least athletic player on the floor in the men's game today?
Gabby is way more athletic than Steve Enoch and it's not even close.

Reaction Score
Gabby is way more athletic than Steve Enoch and it's not even close.

Who gives a crap its she's 5'11 and supposed to be. This is the mens board she couldn't score a basket against the men so her athleticism means crap here. Move on people!

Reaction Score
Who gives a crap its she's 5'11 and supposed to be. This is the mens board she couldn't score a basket against the men so her athleticism means crap here. Move on people!
What's perplexing is your animosity towards the women's team. We can discuss food, drink, home improvement, electronics, vacations, wives, health issues, etc. but I respond to a basketball post and I should move on. Guess I'll just root for my team and let the more worthy posters inhabit this board!

Reaction Score
What's perplexing is your animosity towards the women's team. We can discuss food, drink, home improvement, electronics, vacations, wives, health issues, etc. but I respond to a basketball post and I should move on. Guess I'll just root for my team and let the more worthy posters inhabit this board!

It's the mens board, I have nothing against the womens team until you compare, there is no comparison. I realize you didn't bring it up and probably didn't deserve the reply so I am sorry, but you don't need to add fuel to the fire. It's simple Gabby's really pathetic in the womens game, in the mens game she's nothing special. There, you have it it's reality. I just want to move on from the ridiculous comparison that's all. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Saying a women's player could compete in the men's game because she's athletic is like saying Mookie Betts would be an upgrade because he's athletic. It's too different games.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Theirs minds can not process the game action at the pace the game is being played. It is not from lack of hustle.

People with that opinion just prove they've never played a thing or coached a thing in their lives.

If you think they aren't hustling or Ollie isn't "teaching" or "coaching" them to hustle or play hard, you honestly have no concept at this level of ball.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
People arguing over her athleticism ... My goodness, we need a win.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You could easily have made a statement that you wish we had a player on the men's team equivalent to the way Gabby plays for the women's team. The way you presented your statement was derogatory toward Steve and most likely an untrue exaggeration at his expense.

We all have triggers that make us act less reasonable than we normally are inclined to behave. Mau's biggest trigger is when people compare the men to the women in an unfavorable way. Your trigger appears to be non civil posts.

No one is wrong here. There's just better and worse ways of doing things. This forum is like the wild west when it comes to forums. Even the cesspool has more camaraderie than this place although the topics are more polarizing. With exceptions the various sides in that forum treat the opposing side's opinions as trash but respect one another. But that's the result of the community being small.

If one wants to "survive" here or there one needs to develop a thick skin. There is no way around it. We can't change others, so our option is to avoid the situation or change ourselves. I know a couple of people who hate confrontation or incivility or think it's a waste of time to deal with it. Maybe you're one of them. But here's the thing. No one is reaching across the internet with a weapon. These are opinions that, unlike weapons, we have the ability to decide if we want them to bother us or not.

I almost make it a challenge to see if posters can get under my skin. It's a skill like any other skill to be able to handle unreasonable statements or people.

C

chiller99.5

Some of those shots taken by the big men were just what the zone was giving up. I understand there was a lack of defensive urgency at times ,but if im trying to hide players from fouls ,Im giving that shot to the big man .

Reaction Score
It's the mens board, I have nothing against the womens team until you compare, there is no comparison. I realize you didn't bring it up and probably didn't deserve the reply so I am sorry, but you don't need to add fuel to the fire. It's simple Gabby's really pathetic in the womens game, in the mens game she's nothing special. There, you have it it's reality. I just want to move on from the ridiculous comparison that's all. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Damn the iMac changed one of these words and it really was pretty important. I love Gabby's game so by no mean did I mean to write "pathetic" I hope everyone realized I meant athletic. Wow that was bad, sorry to all if it was confusing because I just looked at it and was wondering what the heck I was thinking. Gonna go watch the women now.;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Damn the iMac changed one of these words and it really was pretty important. I love Gabby's game so by no mean did I mean to write "pathetic" I hope everyone realized I meant athletic. Wow that was bad, sorry to all if it was confusing because I just looked at it and was wondering what the heck I was thinking. Gonna go watch the women now.;)
Thanks for the explanation. You had me really worried there.

Go women huskies. Go Gabby!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom