Good effort | The Boneyard

Good effort

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Our defense and running game looked about as good as anyone did vs marshall all year. We cover the spread without the corrupt officiating, but to win these games away from home we’ve got to develop a passing game.

Become a top 90 passing attack next year and we should have a nice record going into the vols game.

Reaction Score
Assuming we keep the band together, we have a complete team. We're not Alabama by any means but for a second level independent team we have a squad. It has to be attractive to a portal QB to see we have a solid team that is a QB away. Can be fringe top 25 next year if everything clicks.

Zion Turner can't be QB1. Its nothing personal - this teams ceiling is limited with him at QB. He tries hard, but he's simply not very good. Maybe a RS year refining his skills and he could be ok, but we NEED a solid portal QB.

Defense played well today. Refs didn't like us. We get the bowl check either way.

Reaction Score
I agree with comments but defense needed to be better first half but got it together in 2nd half. ZT looks like a back-up QB - but let’s not get down on him - true Husky and tons of grit! I hope he reaches his full potential while at Uconn.

Rosa is the best running back I’ve seen in a long, long time. Running for a TD with most times no blockers in front of you? Dang, he is going to make things fun in the years to come.

We need to fill some holes but I trust Mora is all over it.

Reaction Score
Each journey starts with the 1st step. Having JM as HC, winning 6 games, making a bowl game, and playing hard in that game, is a great way to start that journey. If the fans stay engaged, and the coaching staff stays intact, the journey will be one of continued success, and UConn Huskies on the FB field will bring pride to the fan base. Congratulations Coach Mora, staff, athletes and all associated with the program, for a successful season.

Reaction Score
Proud of our program and the people involved. A win would have been great but this team exceeded all expectations. The past has been brutal - the future looks good.
You said it the way I feel about this season. Next season has to be better for UCONN and me personally. Lost two extremely close family members this year waiting for this year to end. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I was hoping for 4 wins this season. We got 6, a bowl game, and I saw a team that didn't give up like in years' past. It sucks to lose today, but overall, better than expected There's lot to be happy about, and also there is much room for improvement. I have faith in Mora to keep us on the right track. We need some more key pieces to get there, but things are starting to look up. It has been really rough for a while now, but I've always been always been a diehard UConn fan and my biggest hope next season they can be lights out!!

Reaction Score
I agree with comments but defense needed to be better first half but got it together in 2nd half. ZT looks like a back-up QB - but let’s not get down on him - true Husky and tons of grit! I hope he reaches his full potential while at Uconn.

Rosa is the best running back I’ve seen in a long, long time. Running for a TD with most times no blockers in front of you? Dang, he is going to make things fun in the years to come.

We need to fill some holes but I trust Mora is all over it.
I disagree on the defense. They were awesome in the first half - excluding the drive where Marshall took over inside our 20 because of ZT the defense held them to one TD on 7 drives while our offense was averaging 4 plays per drive. They held it down.

Reaction Score
Was the non PI call a catchable ball?
Probably not, but we've all seen Marion do some spectacular things. If he wasn't impeded from transitioning to where the ball was going, you never know. It was thrown within enough range that it was definitely pass interference.

If that's called, we score on that drive and it's 28-21 with sh1tloads of time left on the clock with both our defense and offense rolling.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yes, A Passing Game....
What I didn't understand was not using it in first half when it looked like our offense was playing in a shell. Repeatedly rushing into the right side of their very good D line. If there's one thing we know about Zion, he takes too long to make reads, but he throws an excellent deep ball. We had Marion and Ross back, and I thought we should've opened things up earlier to keep Marshall honest.

Granted, at that point the spotlight might've been too much for Zion, but he showed in 2nd half he was mostly up to it.

Reaction Score
It’s a shame that we spotted them 14 with some very, very, very bad quarterback, decision making and the refs spotted them seven with a blatant blown missed holding call that led to a huge running gain and touchdown.

Not to mention the horrendous missed pass interference and unsportsmanlike call on Mora. That was ridiculous bush league, garbage by the zebras.

Other than that, Marshall did pretty much zip on offenses… With kudos to our defense also.

Absolutely phenomenal season… Exceeded my expectations 1000 fold…

But to make the next step up next year, Zion needs to make dramatic progress, or we need to find a different quarterback… It’s just simply objective observation

Also, Charlton needs to up his game as well… I thought he made a lot of really bad playcalling in this game that sure didn’t help us at all

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wouldn't define a game with multiple personal fouls, a targeting ejection, missed FG and a WR not being able to line up on the LOS a "good effort".

The players did not play well for 40 minutes of the game. There was about a 20 minute period between 3rd and 4th quarter where they played well.

Otherwise, this was a poorly played game and little discipline needed to win a game.

Reaction Score
I can live with the no pi call. If you're a giants fan, you were on the opposite end last night. Is what it is.
But I would love to know what mora did to get an unsportsmanlike penalty. You see coaches like saban and Kelly who look like they're about to murder the refs, yet you never see this call.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't define a game with multiple personal fouls, a targeting ejection, missed FG and a WR not being able to line up on the LOS a "good effort".

The players did not play well for 40 minutes of the game. There was about a 20 minute period between 3rd and 4th quarter where they played well.

Otherwise, this was a poorly played game and little discipline needed to win a game.
It was pretty chippy, and we were the second guy most of the time.

Reaction Score
This offseason needs to be a season an offseason anger and sharpening. You can’t turn it over and be down 4 tds and put the game in the refs hands. The refs didn’t turn the ball over.

Reaction Score
Anyone able to link to a clip of the no-call PI? Or give an explanation of what it was?

Had to leave home before the game was over and turned on the radio in the car right after that play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom