Good article on Sulaimon | The Boneyard

Good article on Sulaimon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Talk on the street is that RS raped at least 3 coeds ....... allegedly.

Reaction Score
Gibbs has been a better, more productive player in college.

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that that's due in part to the difference between playing at Duke and playing at Seton Hall, because he certainly wasn't at Texas.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Forget whatever the accusations are about Sulaiman - he was kicked off the team at Duke.

I'll take the kid who graduated and transferred and someone else can have the kid who was such a pain in the ass that his coach decided mid-season to boot him.

Reaction Score
Get SERIOUS Herbst and Ward would never allow KO to take an alleged rapist, even if he played for Susie's alma mater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that that's due in part to the difference between playing at Duke and playing at Seton Hall, because he certainly wasn't at Texas.
Holding his freshman year at Texas against him isn't fair. I watched a lot of Gibbs last year and he's really good, he was one of the best players in the Big East and shoots like his brother Ashton. He will be our starting point guard next year if the UConn rumors are true.

Reaction Score
Holding his freshman year at Texas against him isn't fair. I watched a lot of Gibbs last year and he's really good, he was one of the best players in the Big East and shoots like his brother Ashton. He will be our starting point guard next year if the UConn rumors are true.

I don't dispute that he's a good player, but it's harder to get minutes at Duke than it is at Seton Hall. That shouldn't be too controversial.

Reaction Score
By no means am I saying we take Sulaimon over Gibbs, but the way I look at, if ASU is recruiting him, you have to think Hurley has discussed the kids situation with Coach K and that would lead me to believe that K may have vouched for the kid.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
duke started playing a lot better after they kicked him off imo

Reaction Score
I don't dispute that he's a good player, but it's harder to get minutes at Duke than it is at Seton Hall. That shouldn't be too controversial.
Yes it's harder to get minutes at Duke but from what I've seen Gibbs is a better player than him and certainly fits us way better. I know you said nothing about Sulaimon's fit at UConn but he wouldn't even fit well without the baggage, he's a worse version of Purvis while Gibbs is a perfect fit for us. All this talk is pointless, we have no interest in Sulaimon.

Reaction Score
Come to Memphis Rasheed and be a productive citizen in the community and a excellent player on the court.

Reaction Score
Sulaimon's a good player. I don't know that he would be a fit here, but for all the talk about his regression during his Duke career, his per minute numbers remained roughly the same. He's a 39% career three point shooter and he is a pretty good passer - that certainly would fill two voids here.

Yeah, he was kicked off the team at Duke, but he wouldn't be the first malcontent to shove his baggage to the side for a season or two and contribute to a greater cause. His comments in the article were fairly introspective and grounded in humility, and if he's disciplined enough to graduate from Duke in three years, I have no concerns about work ethic.

I'd really like to see him land at SMU. It makes sense on a number of levels - provided Sulaimon elevates his game, he takes SMU from a pretty good team to a team that is potentially really interesting nationally.

Reaction Score
Yes it's harder to get minutes at Duke but from what I've seen Gibbs is a better player than him and certainly fits us way better. I know you said nothing about Sulaimon's fit at UConn but he wouldn't even fit well without the baggage, he's a worse version of Purvis while Gibbs is a perfect fit for us. All this talk is pointless, we have no interest in Sulaimon.

Yeah I think we just disagree with respect to what type of player he is. I don't see the "worse version of Purvis" at all. Frankly, that doesn't sound remotely like Sulaimon.

Reaction Score
Forget whatever the accusations are about Sulaiman - he was kicked off the team at Duke.

I'll take the kid who graduated and transferred and someone else can have the kid who was such a pain in the ass that his coach decided mid-season to boot him.
AGREED

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Wait a second. Two potential rapes and one was investigated with nothing found. By whom? Not the police. The police have no record of the incident. The athletic department? Please! By whom? Then there is the other young woman. If a third or fourth victim happened at UCONN, you comfortable telling her why you wanted to accept him?
This is a rush to exhonerate someone only because he has basketball skills. Add that he is the only player K ever threw off the team and the hit to the reputation of UCONN and the only sensible thing to do is stay away.

They have colleges like Memphis for players like this.

Reaction Score
Wait a second. Two potential rapes and one was investigated with nothing found. By whom? Not the police. The police have no record of the incident. The athletic department? Please! By whom? Then there is the other young woman. If a third or fourth victim happened at UCONN, you comfortable telling her why you wanted to accept him?
This is a rush to exhonerate someone only because he has basketball skills. Add that he is the only player K ever threw off the team and the hit to the reputation of UCONN and the only sensible thing to do is stay away.

They have colleges like Memphis for players like this.
Dixon and Geron didn't get in any legal troubles here and I doubt Rasheed will either. We do a good job reforming trouble players. If they don't adhere they get kicked off like Kuran Iverson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom