OT: - Gonzaga vs Texas | The Boneyard

OT: Gonzaga vs Texas

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Watching the game… a few quick thoughts.

1) Tre Mitchell now plays for a top 5 Texas team (didn’t realize Beard was single haha).

2) Something about Timme really annoys me but he is a really really good college player. The Tyler Hansbrough of Gonzaga.

3) Gonzaga is elite, but we can match up with them if we play them.

On topic: this makes me excited to see how we look against real competition in the Bahamas.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It’s one half of one game, but yeah he hasn’t looked or played like the projected number one draft pick that ESPN has made him out to be.

But Samson Johnson is just as thin. But no one has him top of the draft boards.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Man is that kid Chet Holmgren thin. I'm not sure he could bench press the bar
He was getting pushed all over the court early, then was on the bench for quite a while.

Kevin Durant was famously not strong as a college Fr., but even he probably wasn't that thin.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
At least the UT BB team doesn't have to worry about getting ripped a new one by the press tomorrow, this game will be buried on page three of the Austin Statesman sports section....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Gonzaga makes you pay for every mistake. A split second delay on a rotation and they make the extra pass and drill a 3. They also don't waste possessions.

The last possession, Texas got confused on D and two longhorns run out at a Zags 3 point shooter. He misses, but Watson gets great position for the board when his guy ran out at the 3 point shooter, and Watson gets an easy putback. Just good basketball.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga makes you pay for every mistake. A split second delay on a rotation and they make the extra pass and drill a 3. They also don't waste possessions.

The last possession, Texas got confused on D and two longhorns run out at a Zags 3 point shooter. He misses, but Watson gets great position for the board when his guy ran out at the 3 point shooter, and Watson gets an easy putback. Just good basketball.
They shoulda won the title last year but they didn’t. So I just saw Timme’s highlights and he’s a force for sure. Great footwork and touch. Gotta have help and keep him from getting those entry passes, tough I know but they did a bad job on him. He’s gonna get 20, just keep it from being 40.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Noticed on the ticker it said Uconn has won two games in a row by 35+ points for the first time since 2006. Thats pretty crazy considering how dominant the 2009 squad was.
Weird...I didn't remember that being the case, and there were some closer games early in the year. Perhaps because AJ was working himself back into shape after his injury from the prior year?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

The only person Gonzaga doesn’t make pay for mistakes is Mark Few.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The only person Gonzaga doesn’t make pay for mistakes is Mark Few.

I will agree that Few has a tendency to tighten up in the later rounds of the Tournament. This Gonzaga team will be a very tough out in the regular season though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I will agree that Few has a tendency to tighten up in the later rounds of the Tournament. This Gonzaga team will be a very tough out in the regular season though.
baseball joke GIF

Reaction Score
It’s one half of one game, but yeah he hasn’t looked or played like the projected number one draft pick that ESPN has made him out to be.

But Samson Johnson is just as thin. But no one has him top of the draft boards.
I would be surprised if Banchero is not the 1st pick.

Reaction Score
They shoulda won the title last year but they didn’t. So I just saw Timme’s highlights and he’s a force for sure. Great footwork and touch. Gotta have help and keep him from getting those entry passes, tough I know but they did a bad job on him. He’s gonna get 20, just keep it from being 40.
Why should they have won the title last year? They didn't even look like they belonged on the same court with Baylor.

Reaction Score
We really do need to pull the Zags into the Big East to offset the seeming trajectory of Georgetown, Xavier and Marquette.
I agree the Zags should be added and Ewing looks cooked because he can't even keep his players but what's the seeming trajectory of Xavier and Marquette? Xavier is expected to be a tournament team and have the 44th and 59th best recruit coming in next year and will probably be adding the 96th best recruit soon. Marquette just shelled out over 3 million per year for Shaka Smart.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Great footwork like TH did

He’s good at getting that extra step in. He did it all the time last year

Reaction Score
If Gonzaga/Uconn played tomorrow we`d likely get steamrolled. We`re good and going to get much better but they are far more cohesive a team than we are at this point. Timme gets Adama in foul trouble quickly and it all falls apart from there. By Feb if this team comes together and guys improve like i think that game is basically a toss up.

Reaction Score
Why should they have won the title last year? They didn't even look like they belonged on the same court with Baylor.
From their regular season they were heavy favorites prior to the tournament so should have won if going by early hype, which is the same this season. Doesn't always happen does it?

Reaction Score
If Gonzaga/Uconn played tomorrow we`d likely get steamrolled. We`re good and going to get much better but they are far more cohesive a team than we are at this point. Timme gets Adama in foul trouble quickly and it all falls apart from there. By Feb if this team comes together and guys improve like i think that game is basically a toss up.
Whaley would guard him. And lock him up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom