Gonzaga Post Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Play of the game

Yep, this was practically ballgame. Gonzaga deflated going into half, athleticism & BB IQ no one else has and it is demoralizing when Andre makes plays like that, AJ took their legs & heads out.

Also Timme’s cheap elbow was a lame attempt to stop Jackson from physically dominating the game - backfired.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Does Texas really care about their hoops team as much as their football team? Uh, nope
This! Texas built a brand new basketball arena that holds like 60% of what their previous arena held because the atmosphere was dead in such a large venue.

Reaction Score
Impressive but I forgot how it ended for Duke…
Exactly UConn isn’t a shoo in by any means to win it all even though I am elated beyond the moon so far. Texas or Miami will be very tough. one thing I remember Kevin freeman said after beating Duke was that even though both teams had their fair share of blow outs, Duke never had close games “while we have been winning close games all year”.

Having said all of that I hope UConn blows the doors off everyone.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Did anyone catch Kenny say pre game that Few told him he couldn't sleep, was too worried about how to stop the huskies? Thought that was telling, he knew this would be a matchup nightmare.

In hindsight, we should have seen this coming, their defense isn't great, didn't turn us over as much and our defense ran them off the 3 point line. Love the defensive effort and am hoping we get a few more years with Luke scheming our offensive sets.
At halftime I sent a text to @dvegas saying Gonzaga was afraid of us. They were playing a slow, grind it out game that was not their style. I believe this is because they knew they couldn't beat us at the pace they normally play but they might be able to pull out a grind it out game.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I also though Calcaterra diving onto the floor to force a TO was a bit of a spark for the team.
This was the second time in the tournament he came in off the bench and gave us a jolt of energy, aggression and pace -- did the same thing against Iona.

Kid's been so much better than what I thought we were getting. Huge minutes this tournament and even bigger momentum.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Rut roh, Danny calling out the Big East refs.

Sort of…

I loved "and the games get reffed different in the tournament"!

Reaction Score
The real stars don't need the refs to hold their hands Chuck. That semi called Uconn just ran over Gonzaga and Vegas and it was full of stars. Terrifyingly good!!1
I did not agree with 4 th foul called on Timm, but it was his fault he picked up the 3rd as he was out of control. Very smart play and anticipation by Newton drawing that charge. How many clean blocks Clingan have that were called fouls? The officiating was not the problem in this game for the Zags, they got outplayed by a better team.

Reaction Score
Unreal, unfriggin' real, everything Hurley said about this team was true. The Big East refs, the pressure of the first round, the 3 killer road Big East games to start the Big East slate etc.

He said they were going to let it rip when they got out of Albany. Holy hell, 40 more minutes and then another 40.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom