Gonzaga Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Play of the game

That was an amazing play. Andre came out of nowhere to make that play. Hands down my favorite moment of the game, and probably the tournament so far.

When saw that pass, I though, "Oh ! Turnover."

Then out of nowhere, Jackson flies across the TV screen, catch, pass, dagger!

Can't wait to see what this team will do next.

Reaction Score
Chuck and Kenny blaming the refs for taking Timme out with the bad 4th foul call. No idea what they watched
I found that pretty funny and i know its going to be an excuse going forward for some but they were already starting to get smoked with Timme on the floor and he wasnt very effective. If he stays on the floor we problably win by 18 instead of 28. That game was over in the first few minutes of the 2nd half.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Our defense is elite. Our offense is more elite. When we are firing on all cylinders, we are unbeatable.

Final !#&%ing Four!
Announcers of Uconn's previous game said at the end of their telecast "Gonzaga better be ready; they are about to meet a sledgehammer". I loved that statement but it turned out to be an understatement. This was shock and awe and the announcers were trying to find words to describe
this avalanche of great defensive and non stop scoring. It was beautiful!!! Exceeding all expectations! Hats off to this team and the coaching staff. Their unselfishness makes them so much fun to watch. On to Houston.

Reaction Score
I thought UConn was a Final Four team early on. I love being right. Of course I also love people having short memories about what I said after they were 14-3. We need to kill that noise about Hurley not being able to make adjustments to win games. Adjusted out of this team to the point that we are in the Final Four and favored to take it all. This team is gelling so well and making opponents play our game. Talk of depth is so far beyond hyperbole at this point. Need to go take it next week. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Hurley had everything working tonight. Shots weren’t falling very easily but he started having AJ slice to the rim and Adana dump on the double, and that killed their D scheme. The man is getting comfortable and confident. His TV halftime interview was genius. Buttered up the ref in ear shot and guess what Timmie gets an early foul. Little things matter.

Reaction Score
I bet if you asked FEw before the game if would take Sanogo, Hawkins and Newton being 11 for 33 from the field, he would have taken it and run.

Problem is UConn had Gonzaga's offense out of rhythm all game and despite being 6 of 15 from the field, they were all 3 pointers and Sanogo made the passes he needed to make. While Newton's outside shot wasn't falling he drove to the hoop and got fouls.

Still, the Jackson grab of the ball and pass to Karaban before the end of the half was a big.

I also though Calcaterra diving onto the floor to force a TO was a bit of a spark for the team.

Reaction Score
I am so pleased. I never thought in a million years they would beat a great Gonzaga team by this much.

I am more happy for he players and coaches. They deserve the spoils of this victory especially for fighting through the January tumble. Big ups to the transfers as well-now they see why went to UConn.

Reaction Score
Clingan got called for some phantom fouls but man he had a clutch game. Just about everybody did. I have no idea how Sanogo is even running the court without cramping up. We, must have some insane nutritionist keeping him going.

Reaction Score
If we continue to play at the level we are playing now do they really scare you? I think you like me are more afraid of us beating ourselves than any team left simply being better because there is no better team. Only we can beat ourselves. I truly believe that.
Yes Texas scares me. They have the talent level to match us. Nobody else really does.

And they would be playing essentially a home game. We saw how that went against MSU years ago.

Reaction Score
Yes Texas scares me. They have the talent level to match us. Nobody else really does.

And they would be playing essentially a home game. We saw how that went against MSU years ago.
And they play very rugged defense, too. Don’t sleep on Miami. Their offense is straight fire. They sliced up a really good Houston defense.

Reaction Score
I bet if you asked FEw before the game if would take Sanogo, Hawkins and Newton being 11 for 33 from the field, he would have taken it and run.

Problem is UConn had Gonzaga's offense out of rhythm all game and despite being 6 of 15 from the field, they were all 3 pointers and Sanogo made the passes he needed to make. While Newton's outside shot wasn't falling he drove to the hoop and got fouls.

Still, the Jackson grab of the ball and pass to Karaban before the end of the half was a big.

I also though Calcaterra diving onto the floor to force a TO was a bit of a spark for the team.
Did anyone catch Kenny say pre game that Few told him he couldn't sleep, was too worried about how to stop the huskies? Thought that was telling, he knew this would be a matchup nightmare.

In hindsight, we should have seen this coming, their defense isn't great, didn't turn us over as much and our defense ran them off the 3 point line. Love the defensive effort and am hoping we get a few more years with Luke scheming our offensive sets.

Reaction Score
This was scarily easy.
The 4th foul on Timme was (I guess) questionable, but Barkley’s comment that it shouldn’t have been called are just ridiculous, this ain’t the star system of the nba, it’s still college. He elbowed right in front of the ref, sorry not sorry.

If that call hadn’t been made, I think we still end up winning by 15 instead of 30. We simply dominated these guys. Tell me where they did something better than we did?

I think it was a nothing burger, cuz Timme wasn't really a factor at all. In fact, had he not been called for that foul, he'd have done something stupid a few minutes later to earn a 4th foul.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
UConn was beyond dominant tonight. The inconsistent backcourt from Gonzaga really caught up to them tonight. The 2 airballed 3s in the first minutes also seemed to rattle them a bit from the perimeter which carried throughout the game.

Sanogo's intelligence and blossoming skill set to make those passes out of the doubles was huge. UConn was pretty cold from the perimeter early too but they were getting easy buckets from passing. Gonzaga couldn't get real easy looks ever.

The 4th foul on Timme was questionable but the dumb play by him to charge for a cheap 3rd that early in the half was really the difference.

I certainly hoped for a better game, but this Connecticut team right now is so locked in and has so many options that if one or two guys are struggling Hurley can just plug in another option and go. Saw my first live UConn national championship in Houston in 2011 so can't wait to go back this weekend!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom