Gonzaga Post Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga Post Game Thread

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I did not agree with 4 th foul called on Timm, but it was his fault he picked up the 3rd as he was out of control. Very smart play and anticipation by Newton drawing that charge. How many clean blocks Clingan have that were called fouls? The officiating was not the problem in this game for the Zags, they got outplayed by a better team.
He pushed AJ in the neck with his forearm. I doubt it was intentional but it doesn't need to be intentional to be a foul. Anytime anyone does something like that in a ref's vision it will be called.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is a little sad when a star walks off the court for the last time in the Tournament. 67 teams that made the NCAA Tournament will end their season with a loss, as will 31 NIT Teams. If your team didn't make one of those tournaments, then the season was already considered a failure and disappointment, and most players consider the NIT a disappointment. My point is that most players will end their college career with a negative outcome. It is just the nature of a single elimination tournament.

Timme was one of the best players in the country, and probably played his last college game tonight. While I enjoyed UConn stomping Gonzaga tonight, I also remember Kevin Freeman's last game, under similar circumstances in 2000. Tennessee stomped UConn in Freeman's last game, and I remember how sad it was to see his season end that way. I can clearly picture Calhoun meeting him in front of the scorer's table for a hug.

Reaction Score
Don’t act like playing a tourny game in your backyard isn’t an advantage.
It helps, but the few recent examples…Texas in 2003, and Mich St in 2009, they didn’t just hand trophies to those teams.

Heck, we played Kentucky in final fours and they get a home game wherever they play.

Reaction Score
I wish that foul wasn’t called on Timmy because UConn was still going to steamroll them even if he played 40 minutes. them and Mark Few whining.
If you let Timme get away with an obvious foul he'll keep doing it. The push prevented Ajax from fighting for a rebound. Timme played a huge chunk of game regardless (32 mins)...it didn't matter.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest. Gonzaga absolutely sucked tonight. We were very good, and they were horrendously bad, especially in the 2nd half. You don't win by 30 against a strong team without a little of column A and a little of column B.

Wowza were they bad. They made a couple floaters in the first half and they were like "Lets shoot 100 floaters in the paint over Clingan and Karaban and Jackson." "Lets brick 2/20 on 3's." Yikes!

We probably win by 12 if they play better, but holy schnikes. That was the worst game I've seen a good team play in as long as I can remember. Our defense had a little bit to do with it, but I didn't even think it was our best defensive game of the tournament.

Reaction Score
It is a little sad when a star walks off the court for the last time in the Tournament. 67 teams that made the NCAA Tournament will end their season with a loss, as will 31 NIT Teams. If your team didn't make one of those tournaments, then the season was already considered a failure and disappointment, and most players consider the NIT a disappointment. My point is that most players will end their college career with a negative outcome. It is just the nature of a single elimination tournament.

Timme was one of the best players in the country, and probably played his last college game tonight. While I enjoyed UConn stomping Gonzaga tonight, I also remember Kevin Freeman's last game, under similar circumstances in 2000. Tennessee stomped UConn in Freeman's last game, and I remember how sad it was to see his season end that way. I can clearly picture Calhoun meeting him in front of the scorer's table for a hug.
F Timme

He’s a punk and he got punked tonight. Amazing what happens when he actually gets called for his transgressions. Sad thing is he will be back next year because he has nowhere else to go.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest. Gonzaga absolutely sucked tonight. We were very good, and they were horrendously bad, especially in the 2nd half. You don't win by 30 against a strong team without a little of column A and a little of column B.

Wowza were they bad. They made a couple floaters in the first half and they were like "Lets shoot 100 floaters in the paint over Clingan and Karaban and Jackson." "Lets brick 2/20 on 3's." Yikes!

We probably win by 12 if they play better, but holy schnikes. That was the worst game I've seen a good team play in as long as I can remember. Our defense had a little bit to do with it, but I didn't even think it was our best defensive game of the tournament.
Why is this necessary?? We won. They lost. I could care less if it was their A, B, C, D or F game. Did it feel better in 95 cuz we played good but UCLA just played better?? Hell no, cuz we lost.

We dominated. We won. We are moving on. Why try to find the cloud???

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
This teams identity is truly something to behold. Two 1st half plays that were foreshadowing the win:

-Joey's heads up steal on a lazy inbounds pass. Then getting the next basket. He was such a spark plug there.

-AJax completely going Nastradamous, averting the disaster of a turnover, AK drilling the buzzer beater.

This brand of basketball will never old.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
This was scarily easy.
The 4th foul on Timme was (I guess) questionable, but Barkley’s comment that it shouldn’t have been called are just ridiculous, this ain’t the star system of the nba, it’s still college. He elbowed right in front of the ref, sorry not sorry.

If that call hadn’t been made, I think we still end up winning by 15 instead of 30. We simply dominated these guys. Tell me where they did something better than we did?
That was his 3rd. The 4th was the charge that Tristen took.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom