Gonzaga game cancelled | The Boneyard

Gonzaga game cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a bummer for college basketball today.....agh...

Reaction Score
I said this in another thread...pause till after VDay weekend. Let the holidays go by and the after affects, let vaccines roll out (obv most critical first over college athletes) and then do a conference only schedule with 2-3 non-conf scrimmages (so they don’t count but get guys ready) starting late February/early March. Then as Pitino said have May Madness. This is insanity at this point.

Reaction Score
Serious question.

Are there different protocols for a positive test in college football? Every football game is currently being played on my tv. Football programs have triple the players and staff. More opportunities for positive tests. Yet it seems more basketball games are getting cancelled for positive tests.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
We are finally seeing the effects of mass thanksgiving gatherings because people DON’T LISTEN!!! No one should have had thanksgiving gatherings this year. Takes a week or so for symptoms or the virus to be traceable.

Reaction Score
Serious question.

Are there different protocols for a positive test in college football? Every football game is currently being played on my tv. Football programs have triple the players and staff. More opportunities for positive tests. Yet it seems more basketball games are getting cancelled for positive tests.
Yes, the players who test positive for Covid in football are sitting and the teams are playing. There's been a bunch of games played without the requisite amount of players on the roster.

Reaction Score
It also seems like the members of the team “traveling parties” are not making the same sacrifices that the players have to make. I’m not talking about the Mohegan bubble, but in general. Coaches, assistants, and others are going home to their wives and families who may be out shopping and at restaurants regularly while players are pretty much alone on campus.

Reaction Score
It also seems like the members of the team “traveling parties” are not making the same sacrifices that the players have to make. I’m not talking about the Mohegan bubble, but in general. Coaches, assistants, and others are going home to their wives and families who may be out shopping and at restaurants regularly while players are pretty much alone on campus.

Everyone inherits everyone else's contacts and behavior. And right now there's a ton of asymptomatic carriers running around like nothing's going on. Because for them, nothing is. We're a very selfish lot and it didn't need to be this way.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
We are finally seeing the effects of mass thanksgiving gatherings because people DON’T LISTEN!!! No one should have had thanksgiving gatherings this year. Takes a week or so for symptoms or the virus to be traceable.
I had 10 people over and we are all fine.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Everyone inherits everyone else's contacts and behavior. And right now there's a ton of asymptomatic carriers running around like nothing's going on. Because for them, nothing is. We're a very selfish lot and it didn't need to be this way.
How would an asymptomatic carriers behavior be selfish? In all likelihood they have no idea that they are carriers.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I had 10 people over and we are all fine.

Everyone’s biology reacts to the virus differently. Some may be fine while others become horribly ill, it’s unpredictable. And I doubt every single person at this gathering you speak of got tested after so you have no way of knowing if you are an asymptomatic carrier. Just seems a little selfish imo. Just hope you guys continue to wear your masks and keep distance in public.

Reaction Score
How would an asymptomatic carriers behavior be selfish? In all likelihood they have no idea that they are carriers.

It's not selfish because they're asymptomatic. Each of us (at least those who don't deny reality) KNOW that every time we leave the house, and more so when we avoid all applicable protocols, are taking the risk of infecting others we come in contact with and indirectly those that they come into contact with. It's selfish to the extent anyone isn't working as hard as they can to avoid being a spreader.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Um, “I feel fine so I don’t need to wear a mask”. ”I feel fine so I don‘t need to social distance”.

Was that question for real?
Anyone who isn't wearing a mask and meeting up in groups is selfish.
The poster I replied to never said anything about not wearing masks. He just said asymptomatic people are selfish. They aren’t unless you assume some other behavior.

For what it’s worth there are new studies that question whether masks make a difference, like the Swedish study, but I have to believe that they would. They certainly aren’t gonna hurt.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Serious question.

Not all football games are going on as scheduled. I'm seeing at least 6 NCAA football games this weekend that were postponed or canceled.

But you're right - it seems that football, with all the players/coaches/mangers/moving parts, would be more conducive to spread, yet it's still mostly going on, business-as-usual. I can think of only one reason, and that's because football is the money machine. This doesn't surprise me though - we live in a society that places extreme importance on money, capital, and financial well-being. I was hoping the pandemic would change that, but it looks like it's just proving it instead.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We should just assume we have it and act as if. If you feel fine, and haven't been tested, that's not a free pass to party in groups or wander around stores maskless. We should be concerned for others until this passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom