Gonzaga game cancelled | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga game cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He just said asymptomatic people are selfish. They aren’t unless you assume some other behavior.
Uh, I think the "running around like nothings going on" part implies irresponsible and selfish behavior.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Everyone’s biology reacts to the virus differently. Some may be fine while others become horribly ill, it’s unpredictable. And I doubt every single person at this gathering you speak of got tested after so you have no way of knowing if you are an asymptomatic carrier. Just seems a little selfish imo. Just hope you guys continue to wear your masks and keep distance in public.
This virus is most likely not going away anytime soon. Can’t hide forever.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
People like you are why I have less and less confidence in the general public to do what's right and consider how their actions affect others and society in general. You're partially responsible for the virus not going away anytime soon. Move to the wilderness and don't come out if you want to be so selfish and inconsiderate of others. We live in communities - we aren't just individuals.

Reaction Score
Do you have access to news? Scientists are actually developing a vaccine. You can't wait for a vaccine before you go back to life as normal? Anyway, glad to hear your family gathering wasn't one where a young carrier killed an elder family member. You should play craps.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We should just assume we have it and act as if. If you feel fine, and haven't been tested, that's not a free pass to party in groups or wander around stores maskless. We should be concerned for others until this passes.
I agree with this 100%.

FWIW, It raises the interesting question of when do we get back to normal. From our individual perspectives once we’re vaccinated our risk of disease becomes very very low. Likewise, our risk of being an asymptomatic carrier becomes very very low. At that point, in theory, a mask provides zero individual or societal benefit at least in terms of minimizing transmission. But I think, you still have to wear masks until we decide societally that they’re not needed anymore. That’s a psychological benefit not a physiological one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Uh, I think the "running around like nothings going on" part implies irresponsible and selfish behavior.
Ah, got it. I read that as meaning “running around as if they did not have the disease.“ As the poster pointed out, from their perspective, they do not.

I didn’t add in the presumption of acting irresponsibly that everyone else seems to have done. So my asymptomatic carrier is not going to parties and still wearing a mask. Hard to find fault with that guy.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Do you have access to news? Scientists are actually developing a vaccine. You can't wait for a vaccine before you go back to life as normal? Anyway, glad to hear your family gathering wasn't one where a young carrier killed an elder family member. You should play craps.
You actually believe what the news tell you....
Good luck with that.

Reaction Score
You could've said that before the vaccines but there's clearly light at the ned of the tunnel now and at a minimum the virus will be greatly reduced in the future.

Reaction Score
Could you be more obtuse? Good grief. Individual experiences are meaningless. Experts are looking at trends across millions of people. Not just your family, numbskull
I can't believe he even posted that. LOL.

Reaction Score
Y’all need to stop being so rude to each other.

It seems as if many of you on here have this HABIT to put people down (for good or bad intentions - whatever) and by doing that it puts you up. You get a little charge out of it and a small dose of self significance/importance when in reality it doesn’t do anyone good. I see it more and more and it’s not a healthy environment when it happens.

Anyways.... Covid situation sucks

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
He must be a Fox News watcher.
I like how a lot of you assume you know what you’re talking about. You assume you know which news station is the most trustworthy. You assume you’re a Covid know it all, you assume everyone should think like you do. Just because you assume something and have a certain view. That doesn’t make you correct. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom