Golf shoe recommended? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Golf shoe recommended?

Reaction Score
Want to replace old golf shoes for something more supportive and comfortable. I walk the course. Old shoes are Footjoy Flex (I think). Waterproof would be nice too for morning dew. What do you like?

Reaction Score
i bought a pair of puma ignites and used them for 1 season and towards the end of the season, the spike started to get ripped out of the bottom of my sole.

i called them and they sent me a new pair. great service.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
New shoes are in the house. Went to the Wrentham outlet mall on day one of Mass being “open”. 90% had masks outside. :rolleyes: No golf shoes at New Balance, ASICS or UA. Huge lines at Nike and Adidas (so much for full capacity). So went with these Ecco Biom Hybrid 3. Very comfortable. Didn’t really want black, but they will work.

D9770F73-E59C-49E4-8E2A-DF5A0D44B57C.jpeg

Reaction Score
New shoes are in the house. Went to the Wrentham outlet mall on day one of Mass being “open”. 90% had masks outside. :rolleyes: No golf shoes at New Balance, ASICS or UA. Huge lines at Nike and Adidas (so much for full capacity). So went with these Ecco Biom Hybrid 3. Very comfortable. Didn’t really want black, but they will work.

View attachment 67675

Does Wrentham still have the ECCO outlet, nice. Great shoes did you get a good price?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Does Wrentham still have the ECCO outlet, nice. Great shoes did you get a good price?

Yeah, I used to get work shoes there and got my prior Biom golf shoes there years ago. They were $135 so pretty decent price. TGW online has them at $140. Ecco never really gives you great sales.

Reaction Score
Got the used Ecco shoes off Ebay for $35, they fit well but are “soft” and don’t have ton of support, plus not really waterproof. So, just got pair of Footjoy Dryjoys, they were $70 and almost new, came today but left foot- my bigger foot- is a bit tight in these. My old Footjoys same size fit great but were wider in toe box- they weren’t Dryjoys. I hope these will stretch as I wear them as I like the support they give.
Might try stretching them with a trick I read about where a plastic bag with water gets put inside shoe, shoe goes into freezer(!), and when water freezes, it expands in ice form and stretches the leather.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i really don't get all this fascination with waterproof shoes, cuz, u know, the implications behind that issue. like, where are u so often hitting from? not good, and im guessin that the scores accompanying this concern are likewise, not good, which means some of youse have issues way bigger than wet feet. actually, u don't have to be a good golfer, just mildly competent, to play a whole round without shoes if u spend the entire time walking on fairways and greens, and can manage a bit of foot movement on the swing. the grass is nice there.
and, if the reason is regularly playing in lousy weather, well, forget that, too. it's supposed to be fun, not sturm und drang.
ClifSpliffy on Golf, Scores: i always shoot in the 70s. if it's colder than that, i ain't going out!'
ClifSpliffy on Golf, Morning Dew: '6 am and golf are mutually exclusive concepts!'

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i really don't get all this fascination with waterproof shoes, cuz, u know, the implications behind that issue. like, where are u so often hitting from? not good, and im guessin that the scores accompanying this concern are likewise, not good, which means some of youse have issues way bigger than wet feet. actually, u don't have to be a good golfer, just mildly competent, to play a whole round without shoes if u spend the entire time walking on fairways and greens, and can manage a bit of foot movement on the swing. the grass is nice there.
and, if the reason is regularly playing in lousy weather, well, forget that, too. it's supposed to be fun, not sturm und drang.
ClifSpliffy on Golf, Scores: i always shoot in the 70s. if it's colder than that, i ain't going out!'
ClifSpliffy on Golf, Morning Dew: '6 am and golf are mutually exclusive concepts!'

Sounds like you don’t know anything about golf.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Sounds like you don’t know anything about golf.
im guessin that u never played a round on a regulation course with nothing moar than a five iron. kinda amazing how when u reverse the whole process (club, left handed), u can actually putt pretty good, and in this case, break 100. im also guessin that under a 100 is a good score for u.

Reaction Score
im guessin that u never played a round on a regulation course with nothing moar than a five iron. kinda amazing how when u reverse the whole process (club, left handed), u can actually putt pretty good, and in this case, break 100. im also guessin that under a 100 is a good score for u.

Yeah under 85 is what I usually shoot.

if you don’t get waterproof then you obviously are clueless. You probably cheat like your hero Donny one termer.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Yeah under 85 is what I usually shoot.

if you don’t get waterproof then you obviously are clueless. You probably cheat like your hero Donny one termer.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life. Is bound in shallows and in miseries.'
buy sum galoshes cuz the water at the edge is only tree, mebbe six inches.
carissa-moore-thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Disc Golf. Just had my first experience playing a full round with a couple of guys who play regularly. It's a lot more than I expected and I think I am going to take it up. Any aficionados here?

1630346977393.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom