Golf shoe recommended? | The Boneyard

Golf shoe recommended?

Reaction Score
Want to replace old golf shoes for something more supportive and comfortable. I walk the course. Old shoes are Footjoy Flex (I think). Waterproof would be nice too for morning dew. What do you like?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Don't skimp on them. Yes, there are good deals, but this is a bit of you get what you pay for purchase.

I recently got some Skecher's Go Golf V.4 golf shoes which work great. Nice wide shoe for balance and comfort.

Things to consider how often you play, will you be playing in rain/wet grass, how much you'll be sweating, etc.

Shop the Skechers GO GOLF Elite V.4 | SKECHERS

Reaction Score
Go to Chris Cote’s. He’s got a bunch of different brands and styles. Worth the trip and he can special order anything if you need a special size.

Reaction Score
If I am walking a lot I like either Foot Joy or New Balance. Have one pair of each and they are very comfortable, light and durable.

Reaction Score
Spikes or spikeless? Some brands don’t feature wide sizes. I’ve worn Footjoy for decades, but bought 2 New Balance pairs last year, but haven’t worn them yet. Been wearing NB sneakers for years and have always thought they fit well. I also bought Adidas 2 years ago, but had to return them… way too narrow for me, even with the wide.

Reaction Score
I use the FootJoy Pro SL when on the cart but they give me blisters when I’m walking. I bought a pair of Puma ignites this year for walking and my god they are amazing (assuming it’s dry). So incredibly comfortable.

Reaction Score
If in the Hartford area--Go to Mike's Discount Golf for new one/two year old shoes for dramatically reduced prices and still awesome values. Primarily Foot Joy product.

Reaction Score
^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Ecco and it’s not close. Worth every dollar. I have Eccos, Nikes, FootJoys, Adidas and Pumas and if I walked more it wouldn’t be close. I wear Ecco dress shoes for work as well they are outstanding.
I only see it with EU sizing… and my size seems to be in between 2, and I’ve never seen them in wide sizes. Where do you see them to try?

Reaction Score
I bought a pair of used Ecco shoes on EBay to try them out-$35- if I like them, I’ll get a better new model. Should come on a week.
Otherwise, I like a dressy golf shoe look more than sneaker style. I know companies like Cole Haan or Johnston & Murphy make golf shoes; I might be interested in something like those too if they are any good.

Reaction Score
I only see it with EU sizing… and my size seems to be in between 2, and I’ve never seen them in wide sizes. Where do you see them to try?
I have 2 pair of Ecco golf shoes that are different sizes. Evidently each model is sized different.

If you think you're between sizes get both sizes on Amazon and then keep the one pair that fits the best

Reaction Score

They used to have an outlet Ecco store in Clinton which was great. You could get some unbelievable sales prices $79.99-$99.99 back then, now you’re happy to grab a new pair for $99.99-$129 on EBay on occasion. I can see the sizing potentially being an issue since each size ranges for 2 basically. I’m a USA 12 so the 46 EU, which covers 12-12 1/2, fits me perfect no matter what style or golf/dress. I would say they tend to be “wider” than the other brands.

Reaction Score
I’ve worn a bunch over the years. I’m partial to Addidas. Best support. But I would say this is one thing you need to try on. So don’t buy online. Or if you do make sure you’ve tried an actual pair Somewhere first

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I have Ecco which are very comfortable, but after walking me feet feel better with the extra support of Adidas boost. Both are about 4 years old and look like new.

Reaction Score
I am on my second pair of Ecco and love them. That having been said, they are shoes — the most important thing is how a particular pair fit YOUR feet.

And go spikeless. I finally did when I got tired of throwing out golf shoes where the leather was fine but either they stopped making replacement spikes for that shoe or the thread wore and you could no longer get new spikes to stay in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am on my second pair of Ecco and love them. That having been said, they are shoes — the most important thing is how a particular paid fit YOUR feet.

And go spineless. I finally did when I got tired of throwing out golf shoes where the leather was fine but either they stopped making replacement spikes for that shoe or the thread wore and you could no longer get new spikes to stay in.

Spinless is good, in other words be scared of what you buy LOL Spikeless is a no doubter BL, that's all I have now in any of the shoes I have and buy.

And if you're into coloring up Nike Roshe have the best for your outfit requirements and they are just like wearing sneakers, light and comfortable. And you can get them on line (eBay) fairly cheap still.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
My golf shoes are Addidas. Very comfortable with plenty of support. Had a pair of Foot Joys and they were not comfortable at all. Replaced them with the Addidas after and handful of times on the course.

For sneakers I love New Balance. I have a pair of walkers from NB and it's like walking on air. My wife walks 3 to 5 miles per day. She will only wear NB.

Next pair of golf shoes may be NB.

Reaction Score
I wear mostly NB sneakers, but I hated the NB golf shoes I bought.

Had a good pair of Ecco back a bunch of years.

Mostly have had success with FJ - but BL is right - it is all about fit.

Had a pair of Nike TW shoes that fit me like a glove and wore them out after 3 years. Wish I had bought a second pair. Were my favorite shoes.

Reaction Score
Want to replace old golf shoes for something more supportive and comfortable. I walk the course. Old shoes are Footjoy Flex (I think). Waterproof would be nice too for morning dew. What do you like?
Spinless is good, in other words be scared of what you buy LOL Spikeless is a no doubter BL, that's all I have now in any of the shoes I have and buy.

And if you're into coloring up Nike Roshe have the best for your outfit requirements and they are just like wearing sneakers, light and comfortable. And you can get them on line (eBay) fairly cheap still.
LOL. No more pre-caffeine posts for me!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I need something more comfortable than my Footjoy Contours. I got those for waterproofness, but that makes them hot. I want something light and breathable. Spikeless, I usually drive in my golf shoes.

I need a 10 Wide, although Eccos fit me due to the Euro 10/10.5 sizing. I have never found a pair of Adidas that will fit on my feet. Don't like the styles of most FJ very much. Struck out at the outlet mall and Dick's sporting goods so far. Nothing. Will need to drive to Golfer's Warehouse in Cranston I guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom