OT: - Golf: PGA leaderboard link | The Boneyard

OT: Golf: PGA leaderboard link

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score

Second major of the year at Bethpage Black.
Long/tough/huge bunkers..should be a great event.
Lousy weather early this week but looks pretty good thru Sunday.

Two stories will dominate: Tiger and John Daly.

There will be a huge kerfluffle if Daly and his cart damage the course...ruts in the fairly wet fairways...do players get a drop?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
No kerfluffle as far as I could tell. Tiger..too erratic.
No hole isvisually spectactular but the overall presentation looked just great on TV.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Spieth is my rooting interest. Still waiting for a breakout as he attempts to get back to top form. Started well yesterday but doubled #10 and at -1. Decent but I don't see him contending.

Hoping Koepka doesn't just run away with it. Seems like a decent fellow but personally I don't find him that entertaining.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Spieth is my rooting interest. Still waiting for a breakout as he attempts to get back to top form. Started well yesterday but doubled #10 and at -1. Decent but I don't see him contending.

Hoping Koepka doesn't just run away with it. Seems like a decent fellow but personally I don't find him that entertaining.
I also like Spieth. However Phil is my present favorite. Jordan is sitting in good position but Brooks seems to be on his game again this year. Maybe someone will make a serious move tomorrow and follow up on Sunday.
My correction is that I wanted to say the it appears that Tiger will not make the cut. Does NOT break my heart.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I was there on Friday. Gotta be long and very straight. The ruff...all the ruff is very very deep. You cant move the ball very far out of the ruff. I thought many of the fairways were generous however the elevations off the tee and to many of the greens were tuff. The elevations were very very high like hitting off a mountain and to a mountain where makes depth perception very tuff. The game of golf has become a game of distance more so now then in the past. Controlled Length is what its all about. I know the PGA and R&A have been talking about how to make courses tuffer because to many players are overpowering golf courses today. We should expect to see some changes over the next 2-3 years from what I was told. Longer and thicker ruff, tighter fairways, and a change in the ball so it doesnt travel as far. Still with the length we are seeing from the players today its hard to expect that these players wont still shoot lights out. IMO one of the changes needs to be on the greens. More firm greens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom