OT: Golf courses | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Golf courses

Reaction Score
I aim for the boulders. Sometimes I get lucky and get a hell of a kick.
Nah, the cart paths are almost always the best direction or position, and if you hit them you’re usually gaining a few more yards. The scuff mark is known as the Quarry Ridge logo.

Reaction Score
Eh. We had maybe 5 or 6 BYC's back in the day. First one was 1999, can't remember when the last one was. Various people have tried to resurrect it and there's been no real interest. And, it's not fun to organize. Getting commitments and collecting money from these lunkheads is no walk in the park. You're more than welcome to grab the torch and run with it. Just no Keney or Goodie. Blech.
I’d do Keney again. Thought it was a nice quirky old-time course, and have only heard good things about the renovations.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Try Oxford Greens in Oxford! It’s a challenging course and always in good shape. If you can play any CSGA one day tournaments do that also, easy way to get on some course that are private.

Use range balls on Hole #3 or just skip it all together. It's a BEAST!

Reaction Score
Here we go.... somebody needs to just link the other golf thread so we can avoid this discussion with Deepthroat

Doggydaddy moving the tourney to Keney killed it. And it hasn’t shown a pulse for 15 years since.

I’ve been here much longer than you and will be here much longer after.

The deep throat joke is uninspired and lazy. Have heard it for 40+ years. Be better.

Reaction Score
Doggydaddy moving the tourney to Keney killed it. And it hasn’t shown a pulse for 15 years since.

I’ve been here much longer than you and will be here much longer after.

The deep throat joke is uninspired and lazy. Have heard it for 40+ years. Be better.
Must’ve struck a chord. Congrats on being old. Prob out of tune the whole time.

Reaction Score
If you're in any sort of argument on a golf course thread, you're the problem.
When it’s just about the gunshots and/or the area it actually isn’t about the course...

And this is the Boneyard where arguing is the goal for most.

Reaction Score
It’s tough for me because I hit a draw. As a matter of fact that whole course is tough for me because of the draw! I hate that course to be honest but it is nice!
You’re starting to scare me, lol. We have a birthday outing there Saturday. Haven’t played it in years. If I remember correctly, #3 is a narrow, uphill, 611 yard par 5, right?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
An underrated course is Simsbury Farms. They have some real good golf holes there need to have your tree game in solid shape when you play there for sure. Haven't played there in a couple years but used to get there 2-3 times a year, it's fun.

How old is that course? When we lived there my family was at Hopmeadow, did Simsbury farms even exist in the late 80's to 1990?

Reaction Score
How old is that course? When we lived there my family was at Hopmeadow, did Simsbury farms even exist in the late 80's to 1990?

Good question HH not sure. You think Hopmeadow is more than likely older?

Reaction Score
Has anyone here played Yale’s golf course? My nephew is an oncologist at Yale New Haven and can get us on. Heard it was a beautiful old course.

It's a solid course, very good track. A bit overrated in regards to the many Top 100's it gets but remember it's an old traditional college track so it does have legacy. It's a solid test of golf no doubt, the par 3 9th is whacked on the green LOL, go play you will love it.

Reaction Score
You’re starting to scare me, lol. We have a birthday outing there Saturday. Haven’t played it in years. If I remember correctly, #3 is a narrow, uphill, 611 yard par 5, right?

I haven't played it in a few years but did go there a lot when it first opened. 3 has like 2 levels also if I remember correctly you can play it on top to the right near the cart path or if you happen to duck hook one off the tee you can play from below up the left side. No matter, you need 2 bombs to get to a wedge at best, 2 not on the scores may leave you with a long 3rd into a tough green. Good hole.

Reaction Score
Has anyone here played Yale’s golf course? My nephew is an oncologist at Yale New Haven and can get us on. Heard it was a beautiful old course.
Great, fun, hard track but the one time I played it was in horrible shape, and I have heard that is typically the case there. Lots of burn spots for a school with $30B in endowment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom