OT: - Golf club fitting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Golf club fitting

Reaction Score
Has anyone taken a lesson at Foxwood's Lake of Isles? I've got one scheduled for next week. I've played there once before and it was extremely nice so I'm assuming their instructor quality will be top class as well
Played north course twice... spectacular. Still kicking myself for not playing the south course the one year they decided to make it public.

Reaction Score
Played north course twice... spectacular. Still kicking myself for not playing the south course the one year they decided to make it public.
Definitely one of, if not the nicest public course I’ve played.

Reaction Score
First time I tried one, I didn't even consider counterweighting... and couldn't feel anything. I have a few smaller, lighter weight Super Strokes, just in case I fall off the wagon. All those pros must be on to something, right?
I play a superstroke 2.0 slim on an Anser 2. Minimal drop off in feel and really helps keep the wrists much quieter.

Reaction Score
Played a quick round last night, loving my new Ping irons.

Only bummer, my elbow pain has returned. :(

Reaction Score
Played a quick round last night, loving my new Ping irons.

Only bummer, my elbow pain has returned. :(

Which elbow? Right one? I had some elbow pain after my last round.

Reaction Score
After a 15 month layoff, I got to play 9 holes as a warm up. Shot a 41 with a new driver head and shaft.

The shaft is 47 inches and still hit 83% of my fairways. Hopefully this will continue throughout the summer.

I'll probably cut it down to 45 sometime though.

Reaction Score
After a 15 month layoff, I got to play 9 holes as a warm up. Shot a 41 with a new driver head and shaft.

The shaft is 47 inches and still hit 83% of my fairways. Hopefully this will continue throughout the summer.

Shooting a 41 after not swinging a club for 15 months is insane. How tf do u do that lol

Reaction Score
Shooting a 41 after not swinging a club for 15 months is insane. How tf do u do that lol

Had 3 weeks of practice where I got my timing down and narrowed down to 3 swing cues.

Missing one fairway immensely helped. And got a birdie on a par 3 after coming about 1.5 feet away from a hole in one.

Reaction Score
Had 3 weeks of practice where I got my timing down and narrowed down to 3 swing cues.

Missing one fairway immensely helped. And got a birdie on a par 3 after coming about 1.5 feet away from a hole in one.
I have my first real lesson next Friday (Never had one outside of when I was 5 years old 20 years ago). My swing isn't bad but I might just tell the guy I want to blow it up and start from scratch. I have 20 years of bad habits that I need to get rid of

Reaction Score

I took 12 years off and restarted in March. I’m shooting in the mid 80s every other round.

I spent a week playing with my brother who is extremely good. He blew up two bad habits. I used to address the ball way back, which was something I developed to deal with the wind Texas. The second was bending my left arm.

I will either break 80 once this year of get bored with golf again and take another decade off.

Reaction Score
I took 12 years off and restarted in March. I’m shooting in the mid 80s every other round.

I spent a week playing with my brother who is extremely good. He blew up two bad habits. I used to address the ball way back, which was something I developed to deal with the wind Texas. The second was bending my left arm.

I will either break 80 once this year of get bored with golf again and take another decade off.
Was stationed in Memphis at a Navy school, and one of the instructors told me and a really good golfer… “I figured out how to make the ball go left, go right, and go straight, whenever I wanted, so I stopped playing because it was too easy.”
We thinking he was trolling way before it’s time.

Reaction Score
Was stationed in Memphis at a Navy school, and one of the instructors told me and a really good golfer… “I figured out how to make the ball go left, go right, and go straight, whenever I wanted, so I stopped playing because it was too easy.”
We thinking he was trolling way before it’s time.

I won’t get bored by being too good lol. I get sick of the BS on the course. I like practicing and hitting balls quite a bit. There is a swing coach nearby that is a friend of a friend that I might try to see. He was/is Tim Herron’s swing coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom