Gold medal Ceremony! | The Boneyard

Gold medal Ceremony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can I ask if someone will please post a link to the Gold Medal Ceremony.

Many thanks

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The gold medal ceremony was awesome. Diana (heart and soul of the team and best player in the world) and Swin were both emotional and had tears in their eyes. The entire team was giddy and every time they showed Geno, he was standing back watching his team with a smile on his face. The entire final was almost a commercial for UCONN. They continually talked about the 6 UCONN players on the team and how good they all were, especially Dee, Sue, Tina and Maya.

But it was also great seeing them put the camera on every other player on the team and see how much joy showed in their faces. As Sue said in the post game interview (very eloquently I might add), this team was handed the reigns by players who came before, and even tho Dee, Tamika and Sue were the "leaders" on the team, there was a feeling of not wanting to let anyone down who came before them.

Sue also said there was no panic in the team even in the 1st half vs. Australia. The team had faith in each other and knew if they played their game, they would prevail.

Side note, Dee was asked if she'd be back to play in Rio and she said "Hell yeah!!". And then she turned to Sue and said "You too, right? Right???" and Sue was nodding along.

Reaction Score
Thank Eric, but is there someplace where I can watch a replay of the ceremony, anyone?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
If you are a Comcast/Xfinity customer the game and medal ceremony are here.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The gold medal ceremony was awesome. Diana (heart and soul of the team and best player in the world) and Swin were both emotional and had tears in their eyes. The entire team was giddy and every time they showed Geno, he was standing back watching his team with a smile on his face. The entire final was almost a commercial for UCONN. They continually talked about the 6 UCONN players on the team and how good they all were, especially Dee, Sue, Tina and Maya.

But it was also great seeing them put the camera on every other player on the team and see how much joy showed in their faces. As Sue said in the post game interview (very eloquently I might add), this team was handed the reigns by players who came before, and even tho Dee, Tamika and Sue were the "leaders" on the team, there was a feeling of not wanting to let anyone down who came before them.

Sue also said there was no panic in the team even in the 1st half vs. Australia. The team had faith in each other and knew if they played their game, they would prevail.

Side note, Dee was asked if she'd be back to play in Rio and she said "Hell yeah!!". And then she turned to Sue and said "You too, right? Right???" and Sue was nodding along.

I had a different take on Bird's reaction to Taurasi. I thought Bird was thinking "shut your mouth girl'

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I had a different take on Bird's reaction to Taurasi. I thought Bird was thinking "shut your mouth girl'

Me too. My sense was she was like, 'oh man, not sure I can go through this again'.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I had the same reaction, Sue was thinking I don't want to make any decisions now, we just won the 2012 Olympic Gold Medal.

If I had to guess, DT will have to talk Sue into going out for the team. There will be plenty of competition at the guard position by 2016.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had the same reaction, Sue was thinking I don't want to make any decisions now, we just won the 2012 Olympic Gold Medal.

If I had to guess, DT will have to talk Sue into going out for the team. There will be plenty of competition at the guard position by 2016.
Agreed. This was one of those times when Sue wanted to punch her dearest friend. :)

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
She's going to do Rio simply to stay in shape for Tokyo/Madrid/Istanbul -- that's just common sense.

Reaction Score

That was my take...and Catch actually backed away...

Reaction Score
Never got tired of watching this !!!! Thanks semper for posting this link !!! Looks like DT was tearing up at the end of national anthem.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Dee looked so beautiful...Sue...Maya...amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom