"going to the mattresses" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"going to the mattresses"

Reaction Score
I love the flashback scenes in Godfather II. Adding them to The Godfather would make what is widely considered a near perfect movie even better.

What are my favorite parts of the novel is where Vito Corleone justifies killing Fanucci to himself. Dinero does a great job of conveying the mindset of the character and his descent into crime.
I've watched those two movies so many times I can recite them. I do love how The Godfather begins, when Bonasera, the mortician tells Vito about what happened to his daughter. Reciprocity at it's most lethal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've watched those two movies so many times I can recite them. I do love how The Godfather begins, when Bonasera, the mortician tells Vito about what happened to his daughter. Reciprocity at it's most lethal.
I love the notion of Corleone only being willing to give them a beating and specifically instructing Tom to get thugs who “won’t lose their heads” and kill the guys. It’s very eye for an eye.

Reaction Score
I think he is actually saying “Tom-a-nooch” as a term of endearment for his “brother” Tom.
Going right now for that hearing test! Funny how you hear what you think you hear. No question, "Tom-a-nooch", however, growing up we did have many Carmen-ooches in the neighborhood! Thanks again. I think I'm going to add " a -nooch" to every Husky player tonight after they score a basket!

Reaction Score
And someone makes pasta and gravy meat for the crew, with some chianti and very good Italian bread.
Now you’ve gone and done it! If you’re having Chianti, you’ve gotta have liver and fava beans!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Funny - I heard Geno say "go to the mat", and I figured he was using a wrestling expression? Then again, that's what BE games look like sometimes. ;)
I thought that was what he meant, like "let's have it out with our rivals." But he clearly said "mattresses."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I watched the first Godfather when I was a student at Brown. I may have been the only person in the Providence theater who didn't understand the Sicilian dialogue. :D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Going right now for that hearing test! Funny how you hear what you think you hear. No question, "Tom-a-nooch", however, growing up we did have many Carmen-ooches in the neighborhood! Thanks again. I think I'm going to add " a -nooch" to every Husky player tonight after they score a basket!
If you do it in the chat, you’ll have me laughing the whole game. Nik-a-nooch does have a ring to it, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom