Going to Michigan game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Going to Michigan game

Reaction Score
Any Husky fan that goes to this game deserves a bronze statue at the Rent.

Sounds like a fun trip. if I had friends interested I could see taking the trip even in the presence of a slaughter. different circumstances I could have gone to the clemson trip but I wasn't doing that solo.

Also good beer between point A and B depending on how you travel. Southern Tier. Erie breweries. Cleveland breweries. (Different options if you go through Southern Ontario.)

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Sounds like a fun trip. if I had friends interested I could see taking the trip even in the presence of a slaughter. different circumstances I could have gone to the clemson trip but I wasn't doing that solo.

Also good beer between point A and B depending on how you travel. Southern Tier. Erie breweries. Cleveland breweries. (Different options if you go through Southern Ontario.)
Good beer in Ann Arbor and the surrounding areas too.

Reaction Score
Any Husky fan that goes to this game deserves a bronze statue at the Rent.
We have 7 from my group going with obviously very low expectations. For me its a bucket list trip. We went to the last two Uconn bowl games ,the Clemson and Army games last year. However, we missed the South Bend trip years ago and I have been kicking myself ever since. If you love college football ,these trips are great experiences.

Reaction Score
This was my view too. We tailgated in the lumber yard, and I remember walking next to railroad tracks to get to the stadium. It was a fun time, despite the loss. I liked Notre Dame too. Did the campus tour, and of course a great game.
run away wild west GIF

Reaction Score
Tickets are available on StubHub and other resale sites. I just got 4 in row 22, section 43 for $124 each
For your sake I hope row 22 exists. It did not in the Rent last Saturday thru Stub hub

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
When UConn played there years ago, the golf course parking was where a lot of the fun tailgates and parties were. Definitely get there at least 3 hours ahead of time as it will take a little while to get into the bowl and you want time to have fun.
The best party was in the lumberyard. It was a blast

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
In 2010 we hit Blimpy Burger post game. Was well worth it.

Last edited:

phillionaire

Reaction Score
Get to Zingerman's Deli
Zingermans is good but the deli is pretty overpriced and the wait on a gameday weekend isn’t worth it imo. If you have a car id go check out the zingermans creamery/bakeshop/confectionery. It’s not in downtown and not as crowded, they’ve got all their baked goods there and the creamery does sandwiches that I like better than the deli.

Reaction Score
Zingermans is good but the deli is pretty overpriced and the wait on a gameday weekend isn’t worth it imo. If you have a car id go check out the zingermans creamery/bakeshop/confectionery. It’s not in downtown and not as crowded, they’ve got all their baked goods there and the creamery does sandwiches that I like better than the deli.
I am going out to Ann Arbo for the first time. Any other restaurants you would recommend that have nice bar seating?

phillionaire

Reaction Score
I am going out to Ann Arbo for the first time. Any other restaurants you would recommend that have nice bar seating?
The south university area has all the "undergrad" bars like Brown Jug, Blue Lep, and Good Time Charley's. Brown Jug is my favorite of the three and is a more traditional bar. Lots of Michigan memorabilia and all that good stuff on the walls. The Main Street area has the more adult bars. If you're into craft beer and want to grab a bite to eat, I'd recommend Grizzly Peak (good pizza/burgers) or Blue Tractor (BBQ). Haymaker is around there as well, big bar area, lots of craft beer and bar food. Pretzel Bell has a big bar area and has traditional bar food as well. Beer Grotto is also down in that area and doesn't have food but they have tons of beer on tap. Outside of the downtown area, HOMES is probably the best brewery in the area, large outdoor seating area and indoor bar. They brew a lot of sour beers if you're into that, and they make Asian fusion food that's really good. Wolverine Brewing is in that area as well and they brew lots of lagers, big indoor bar and some outdoor seating as well.

phillionaire

Reaction Score
Frita Batidos has an unreal burger. My brother is a Mich alum and says that's his favorite place to eat in AA.
Get a batido if you go, they're even better than the burgers

Reaction Score
If you're looking for ice cream, Kilwin's on Liberty St in Ann Arbor is crazy good. Toasted Coconut to die for!

phillionaire

Reaction Score
If you're looking for ice cream, Kilwin's on Liberty St in Ann Arbor is crazy good. Toasted Coconut to die for!
Blank slate is also really good. Not much farther from the kilwins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom