GoFundMe for a true blue fan | The Boneyard

GoFundMe for a true blue fan

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Keith is a big Husky fan. He suffers from cerebral palsy and is confined to a wheelchair. Recently, he needed surgery on his foot that left him without the ability to put his weight on his foot. A true fan, Keith would like to attend a game at the Rent, a men’s game to see new friend Donovan Clingan, and perhaps a women’s game. To do this, a handicapped accessible van needs to be hired at $600 a trip to deliver Keith to the door in his wheelchair.

The football board has donated enough to get Keith to the Rent. Encouraged by the results, I’m hoping to get the two basketball boards to help Keith get to basketball games. A link to a GoFundMe page is below. Thanks to all the good folks who donate.

F6C51945-BE4C-4F7B-9872-FFDB3E94FC6D.jpeg

Reaction Score
If it helps … I have a wheelchair lift van and would be willing and able to handle the transportation for free … would just need a heads up to make plans. I could do the Rent for football, and I’ll be at the men’s Civic Center games already. I also happen to work in the building those two are pictured in.

Would love the opportunity to help out. Any collected funds could be redirected.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If it helps … I have a wheelchair lift van and would be willing and able to handle the transportation for free … would just need a heads up to make plans. I could do the Rent for football, and I’ll be at the men’s Civic Center games already. I also happen to work in the building those two are pictured in.

Would love the opportunity to help out. Any collected funds could be redirected.
Thank you for an exceptionally generous and gracious offer.

@paulmf I'm adding you to make sure you see this.

Thanks.

Reaction Score
Didn't see this posted anywhere but the Boneyard received a shout-out in the latest UConn Alumni magazine.

Keith Gaither surrounded by fellow UConn huskies, former Husky coach E. J. Barthel, Farina, running back Victor Rosa and his parents Deanna and Glenn.

➼ The amazing online alumni community that is the Boneyarders rallied around a Husky fan in need. A GoFundMe callout for $600 to help with transportation costs for Keith Gaither, who has cerebral palsy, to get to a football and/or basketball game this year exploded. In just a week, $2,000 had been raised. UConn Athletics got into the act and instead of getting to one or two games, Gaither had been, by mid-December, to three football, three men’s basketball, and two women’s basketball games, with some serious backstage encounters to boot. “I thought he was gonna pass out when he met Coach Auriemma,” says friend Paul Farina. “Paige [Bueckers] as well. I actually enjoy watching his reactions more than I enjoy meeting these people myself.” Above from left: former Husky coach E. J. Barthel, Farina, Gaither, running back Victor Rosa ’26 (BUS) and his parents Deanna and Glenn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom