Go orange | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Go orange

Reaction Score
Notre Dame beat Syracuse, at Syracuse, without Colson and Farrell, and the resumes are similar. No way Cuse should get in over Notre Dame.

Cuse RPI 45
ND RPI 70

Cuse NCSOS 14
ND NCOS 178

Cuse Q1 wins 4
ND Q1 wins 2.

Similar resumes IMO.

Reaction Score
Cuse RPI 45
ND RPI 70

Cuse NCSOS 14
ND NCOS 178

Cuse Q1 wins 4
ND Q1 wins 2.

Similar resumes IMO.
Please pretend you are semi intelligent and do not post the letters "RPI" ever again. That's part of the problem with the NCAA selection committee. That decades old POS is useless. The amount of other statistical ratings that destroy the RPI makes it completely obsolete. As if it ever wasn't.

Not sure where you're getting NCSOS from, but from what I find, 14 is nonsense. They're NCSOS was marginally better than ND. There are probably 10 teams in D1 more deserving than SU.

Reaction Score
Cuse RPI 45
ND RPI 70

Cuse NCSOS 14
ND NCOS 178

Cuse Q1 wins 4
ND Q1 wins 2.

Similar resumes IMO.

Fascinating insight into the CUSE fan mind here. When their coach gets suspended for decades of cheating they justify getting into the tournament by saying games he didn't coach shouldn't be held against them, yet when another team's star player is out for a period of time those losses should be held against the team that lost without it's star player.

Funny part is this fan feels compelled to come to the UCONN board to try and justify what the entire country knows was at best a historically bad pick by the committee to let them into the tournament. Such thin skins on that fan base.....

Reaction Score
Please pretend you are semi intelligent and do not post the letters "RPI" ever again. That's part of the problem with the NCAA selection committee. That decades old POS is useless. The amount of other statistical ratings that destroy the RPI makes it completely obsolete. As if it ever wasn't.

I’m not commenting on how accurate the RPI is. Actually I will now. It sucks. But the committee uses it, it’s part of the resume, and ours was better.

Not sure where you're getting NCSOS from, but from what I find, 14 is nonsense. They're NCSOS was marginally better than ND. There are probably 10 teams in D1 more deserving than SU.

K.

College Basketball Strength of Schedule - 2017-18

Reaction Score
Fascinating insight into the CUSE fan mind here. When their coach gets suspended for decades of cheating they justify getting into the tournament by saying games he didn't coach shouldn't be held against them, yet when another team's star player is out for a period of time those losses should be held against the team that lost without it's star player.

Funny part is this fan feels compelled to come to the UCONN board to try and justify what the entire country knows was at best a historically bad pick by the committee to let them into the tournament. Such thin skins on that fan base.....

Salty.

Reaction Score
I’m not commenting on how accurate the RPI is. Actually I will now. It sucks.

Exactly. Thank you for confirming the stupidity of the selection committee, in part for using the RPI, and secondly, for using such idiocy to justify selecting an SU team that had no business in the tournament.

Teams better than SU ? St. Mary's, ND, Maryland, Louisville, Penn State, Baylor, Middle Tennessee, Marquette, USC. Hell, I'll even add Western Kentucky.

Oh, and using the RPI SOS is actually worse than using the RPI itself. There are lots of measures of SOS vastly better than the RPI, and in many of them, not only is the SU SOS not that high, but comparable or even lower than ND (who beat SU on their home floor).

Reaction Score
Maybe the Committee is remembering two years ago....Syracuse, many thought, was NIT bound...made it to the dance as #10....and went to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Thank you for confirming the stupidity of the selection committee, in part for using the RPI, and secondly, for using such idiocy to justify selecting an SU team that had no business in the tournament.

Teams better than SU ? St. Mary's, ND, Maryland, Louisville, Penn State, Baylor, Middle Tennessee, Marquette, USC. Hell, I'll even add Western Kentucky.

Oh, and using the RPI SOS is actually worse than using the RPI itself. There are lots of measures of SOS vastly better than the RPI, and in many of them, not only is the SU SOS not that high, but comparable or even lower than ND (who beat SU on their home floor).

Syracuse won at Louisville.

And we've come full circle.

Reaction Score
Hey where is St Mary's in this thing? Did they also get left out at 28-5?

Oklahoma State and St Mary's not being in while Cuse, Oklahoma and even AZ State being in is just crazy. And I know everyone is in love with Bama because Sexton went off a couple of games but without him going off they're not very good at all as we saw. 15 losses, really?

Sexton and Trae Young have some power huh?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

He's a Cuse troll trying to lend a shred of reason why they were allowed to the dance when they shouldn't have even been allowed to buy a boutonnière. There is no college basketball expert/talking head/junkie that has even attempted to give any reason why Cuse made it and why several teams such as Ok State did not. Even Cuse grads in the broadcasting business are shaking their heads., Most think the Cuse admission is a joke. Less than 2% of writers polled before selection show had Cuse in the dance (those were probably from upstate NY)

Reaction Score
He's a Cuse troll trying to lend a shred of reason why they were allowed to the dance when they shouldn't have even been allowed to buy a boutonnière. There is no college basketball expert/talking head/junkie that has even attempted to give any reason why Cuse made it and why several teams such as Ok State did not. Even Cuse grads in the broadcasting business are shaking their heads., Most think the Cuse admission is a joke. Less than 2% of writers polled before selection show had Cuse in the dance (those were probably from upstate NY)

Mostly I just love hot takes.

Maryland definitely better than Cuse.

Reaction Score
Cuse RPI 45
ND RPI 70

Cuse NCSOS 14
ND NCOS 178

Cuse Q1 wins 4
ND Q1 wins 2.

Similar resumes IMO.
The RPI I saw had ND at 31, and that was on ESPN, when they were debating these two teams. Notre Dame is the better team, They beat Syracuse without their 2 best players. Syracuse stinks! and ASU will handle them.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State beat Oklahoma in what was easily the play in game for anyone paying attention but the Sooners are still in? What a FN joke, these guys listen to Joe Lunardi a basketball wannabe moron?

The tourney is becoming a joke, Syracuse and Oklahoma are 2 of the largest jokes ever getting in, P5 BS.
i know right and that tool lunardi works for like 3 weekends a year

Reaction Score
More like mediocre.

I'd define "stinks" as, say, 14-18.

I will agree 20-13 is better than 14-18 if you agree 4 is greater than 1 with the 1 being another gift that the NCAA let CUSE keep.

Seriously “doc” you’re boarding on malpractice these days. Retire while you’re ahead....

Reaction Score
Syracuse lucked out with Buffalo and St. Bona on their OOC schedule as those two teams along with Kansas strengthened their OOC strength of schedule. Regardless of the fact that 'cuse lost to both Kansas and St. Bona. The funny part is that Kansas bumped up the Syracuse OOC strength which was seen as valuable by the committee, while Oklahoma St. beat that same Kansas team twice.

OK State played a very weak OOC with 7 over 200 RPI and 4 over 300 and lost none of those games. However, those games put their OOC strength in the toilet which greatly impacted their RPI. The RPI puts far too much value in playing teams in the 120-150 range and penalizes teams that play too many OOC games above 200. remember SMU getting hosed because of their bad OOC schedule in pervious years. OK St. was 10-0 against teams with a 100 RPI or above. Their worst RPI loss was to #68 Baylor. Syracuse was 12-2 against 100 RPI or above with losses to Wake (160) and Ga Tech (161) also had losses to BC (96) and ND (70).

Another funny quirk. Ok St. has Pitt (RPI of 217) on their OOC schedule so Pitt brought down their OOC strength. Syracuse gets 2 wins against the same Pitt team but they get lumped into the conference schedule for Syracuse. Lowest rated Big 12 team was Iowa St. at 144. ACC has Pitt (217), Ga. Tech (161) and Wake (160). 'Cuse was 3-2 against those teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Like or hate the nose picker, but you have to give him credit for the season they had. Only wish Ollie did as good a job. Three player played over 37 minutes a game, no real point guard. Still they SUCK !

Reaction Score
Like or hate the nose picker, but you have to give him credit for the season they had. Only wish Ollie did as good a job. Three player played over 37 minutes a game, no real point guard. Still they SUCK !
Team basically has 6 scholarship players. There was a point in the middle of the season, a 6'0 walk-on guard was in the game in the first half against FSU, without any team foul trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom