Go Mercer! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Go Mercer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...

Reaction Score
Can't underestimate experience. These guys might not be athletic as Duke, but they play well together as a team. Great job Mercers! They haven't been in the NCAA tournament since 1985. Great job taking down Dokies and their home cooking. Screw the two ACC homers on the selection committee who put ACC in all the high seeds they don't deserve. I am just glad it backfired on them.

Reaction Score
In the handshake line, K said to the other coach, "You guys were just better than us".

At least that's what I lip read.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Ay mercer !

Reaction Score
Jabari Parker just isn't a winner. He'll be lucky if he amounts to what T-Mac has.
The guy is 19. He didn't reclassify himself as a year older, either, so he's literally just out of high school. Just compare him to someone like Kemba, who was nowhere near as good as a freshman. If he stayed 3-4 years he would probabl be the best player in college basketball, but there isn't really a reason for him to do that.

Reaction Score
That was impressive. Mercer played one hellava game. This is why there is nothing like the men's NCAA tournament. The first, I mean second round is not over yet but it's shaping up to be one of the most entertaining rounds in history,

Reaction Score
The guy is 19. He didn't reclassify himself as a year older, either, so he's literally just out of high school. Just compare him to someone like Kemba, who was nowhere near as good as a freshman. If he stayed 3-4 years he would probabl be the best player in college basketball, but there isn't really a reason for him to do that.
If he stayed I'd give him a Kemba like comparison but I just have a feeling he's gonna be a perennial all star never amounting much with some team like the 6'ers. If I'm wrong I'll say I'm wrong though.

Reaction Score
More proof that Duke is the most overrated and advantaged team in basketball history. I wrote this a month ago and they just added to their impressive streak of nonperformance. . .

"Duke almost, and probably should have, lost to Maryland, at home, yet they move up to number 5?! What crap. Talk about overrated. I guess they need absolutely every advantage come tournament time. Their average seeding over the past 10 years has been 1.9. While they did win 1 NC in that time span, they got no farther than the round of 64 twice, round of 32 once, and the sweet sixteen four times in other years. They rarely live up to their seeding. . ."

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
UCONN making it to the next round and Duke being gone really makes my day! In fact just Duke being gone really makes my day!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
To quote Braveheart when on the gallows....

MERCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
From ESPN: Coach K is the 6th coach in NCAA Tournament history with 5 losses to double-digit seeds (Brey, Thompson III, Boeheim, Knight, Cremins)
Take out Knight and that's a murderer's row of suck

Reaction Score
Duke had no big man and they needed one, your whole offense can't be 3's. This from a UCONN team with a new inside game, Amida!

Reaction Score
Someone is really going to have to earn that billion dollars now.

From slate.com:

Another way to think about it: If all 317 million people in the U.S. filled out a bracket at random, you could run the contest for 290 million years, and there’d still be a 99 percent chance that no one had ever won.

Reaction Score
Duke had no big man and they needed one, your whole offense can't be 3's. This from a UCONN team with a new inside game, Amida!

That's been their MO lately.. shoot a bunch of threes, get their customary help from the refs, play no real road games other than conference games, get a higher seed than you deserve... like clockwork. Even when they won the NC a few years ago, they somehow got the undisputed easiest bracket even though they weren't the overall #1 seed.

Reaction Score
UCONN making it to the next round and Duke being gone really makes my day! In fact just Duke being gone really makes my day!

And yet, in the final ranking, Duke will be ranked well ahead of UConn unless we win the NC. And even then they'll probably get first place votes. But all of that is meaningless because they LOST in the first round!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That was impressive. Mercer played one hellava game. This is why there is nothing like the men's NCAA tournament. The first, I mean second round is not over yet but it's shaping up to be one of the most entertaining rounds in history,

First round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc