Go Georgetown! | The Boneyard

Go Georgetown!

Reaction Score
Not because I’m salty about losing to Creighton (I am, but that isn’t why), but because it’d be one less at large bid for Syracuse to potentially get LOL

Georgetown winning and knocking out Cuse would certainly be worth celebrating.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Didn't Gtown beat Creighton the last time? I think they will win tomorrow as well.

It's about matchups. Georgetown struggled against UConn, but has been pretty tough the last month.

Reaction Score
I’m on the fence because we are tied for the most big east championships with Georgetown (7)
even if they win this year we are definitely winning 2 more before they win another. just glad when we left we were tied with gtown for most tourney wins and syracuse for most regular season chips (they never passed us and never will). i think it's a 3 way tie at 10 now with nova?

Reaction Score
I’m pulling for Georgetown. Another conference team in the tournament, and Creighton has been a pesky upstart in the conference. You missed the Wragge - McBuckets show early in their membership. Creighton fans really SHOWED UP in NYC. It’s good to keep them down and in their place, and keep the titles with the old guard.

Also, Ewing is a conference icon and is doing a very good building job and demands respect for running a good program, having to restart and clean house, and still have his team in the right direction. It’s hard to believe I’m pulling for the Hoyas.

It’s great to have UConn back in NY, but honestly good to have you lose and not return with a title in your first year back. That would have been a little too much to bear.

Reaction Score
It would be perfect. Ewing honoring Thompson by beating a racist to win a Big East title, potentially bursting Syracuse's bubble, and something bad happening to Creighton. Sign me up

You think he’s a racist and Zegarowski doesn’t? Hmmmm think I’ll go with Zegs.

Let’s go Creighton want them to show why we played them hard despite not having our best game. Finish the deal. And honestly really sick of hearing Ewing talk about his jersey on the rafters and how everyone should know who he is. It’s about the kids not you Patrick leave it alone and coach a little.

Reaction Score
Georgetown winning would also help our resume, so that's reason enough to pull for them tomorrow night.
Others added great points that another team would be good for the conference and that it could knock out Cuse.

But in terms of resume, Gtown is 1 spot from 75th in NET. Not 100% sure if a close loss bumps them up bc I don’t think that’s how NET works. So a win would make our home win over them a Q2 win, and our away win a Q1 win.

Also Hartford is currently 8 spots in NET from being a Q3 win. Need them to win big and they’re up right now.

We’re borderline 7/8 seed right now IMO, so these 2 results would be very important in solidifying a 7 seed.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1615657653386.jpeg

Reaction Score
Others added great points that another team would be good for the conference and that it could knock out Cuse.

But in terms of resume, Gtown is 1 spot from 75th in NET. Not 100% sure if a close loss bumps them up bc I don’t think that’s how NET works. So a win would make our home win over them a Q2 win, and our away win a Q1 win.

Also Hartford is currently 8 spots in NET from being a Q3 win. Need them to win big and they’re up right now.

We’re borderline 7/8 seed right now IMO, so these 2 results would be very important in solidifying a 7 seed.
This- there’s only one way to be cheering tonight. And it’s not because we lost to Creighton or they are new guard or any of that. Gtown is so close to adding a lot of value to our resume and can be the difference between and 8/9 and a 7

Reaction Score
Plus another Big East team in the tournament is good for the conference.
You and others make good cases for rooting for Georgetown; unfortunately, I have a long memory of John Thompson’s bully ball, arrogance and dismissive attitude toward UConn as JC was building the program. Alonzo Morning was the most despicable player I can recall. And most recently Patrick Ewing’s clueless and self absorbed criticism of MSG security doing their jobs this week at the BET is a reminder of JT’s GTWN legacy. Never will I root for that program.

Reaction Score
Would’ve been so funny to see Cuse fans having to root for that’s what sucks. Go Georgetown as a Knicks how could I not root for the big man in the Garden. I’m just a little wary on how this affects our seed losing to Creighton 3 times would Creighton higher make us seeded higher?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom