Glad we won, but | The Boneyard

Glad we won, but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DURHAM comes in as a rebounder, and Jackson as a scorer. Yet, they do not get mnutes. We know what we get from Purvis and Facey. Both are playing like crap. Their minutes should go to Durham and Jackson. They could learn from their mistakes, and grow as players. Facey and Purvis will be gone, and their growth as players, with them.

Reaction Score
Purvis had open looks all night. But he couldn't hit water from a boat. Regression toward the mean should get a couple of those to drop. His confidence has to be completely shot.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I thought KF was much better last night
SE is a dilemma - he's a foul waiting to happen
Durham will be ok if he fills out a bit more but I'm all for trying him a bit more than what we've seen
Diallo being unavailable does hurt this team - his energy could be a plus and he will grab some bounds

Reaction Score
I thought KF was much better last night
SE is a dilemma - he's a foul waiting to happen
Durham will be ok if he fills out a bit more but I'm all for trying him a bit more than what we've seen
Diallo being unavailable does hurt this team - his energy could be a plus and he will grab some bounds
Diallo isn't on the team YET.

Reaction Score
DURHAM comes in as a rebounder, and Jackson as a scorer. Yet, they do not get mnutes. We know what we get from Purvis and Facey. Both are playing like crap. Their minutes should go to Durham and Jackson. They could learn from their mistakes, and grow as players. Facey and Purvis will be gone, and their growth as players, with them.
As one of his biggest critics, i
As one of his biggest critics so far this year, I have to say I thought Facey was much better last night. He really got after it on the boards and showed a lot of energy. Still don't understand how someone as big as he is gets stripped so much and can miss a one foot shot, but he was much better than Purvis last night. Purvis deserves to get about 5-10 more minutes per game than I do, nothing more. He is proving to be a major liability and I just don't understand how the coaching staff can't see it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't understand why Jackson doesn't cut into Purvis's minutes. If it is because he is a defensive liability, I see it as a net-net wash. Purvis isn't playing well on D either and has the added bonus of stinking on ice from the outside. Oh yeah...free throws too.

Reaction Score
Purvis really isn't much of a basketball player, more of a football player. Isn't very shifty, doesn't know how to get defenders off balance, very predictable, flat shot, sub par ball handling skills, and judging by these first 3 games doesn't have the mental toughness as a 5th year senior to lead this young team. A damn shame...

Reaction Score

How is Rodney playing so awful and Vance not getting a shot? This one really amazes me. Don't want to hear loyalty either, need to produce and for now he's a liability on both ends, not even guarding like Rodney did last year.

Reaction Score
Purvis had open looks all night. But he couldn't hit water from a boat. Regression toward the mean should get a couple of those to drop. His confidence has to be completely shot.

"He couldn't throw a grape in the ocean"
--Courtside 2 has got it right

Reaction Score
As long as Gilbert is out I think we'll need both Jackson and Purvis, but we all agree Purvo has to shoot less, and literally only take a deep J if he is wiiiiiide open.

I think Durham will slowly get burn, when I saw him in the huddle last night I thought 'yeah why no Durham', but that was an ugly game. I felt like LMU was very scrappy and rough, and putting Durham in there with those shorter guys would have been looking for trouble. I think we'll see Durham in spots and against specific teams where KO and co feel he isn't in danger

Reaction Score
I dont know if we can even call that a win. Its difficult to watch. Cant remember the last time we had such an underwhelming start to the season?!

Reaction Score
I don't understand why Jackson doesn't cut into Purvis's minutes. If it is because he is a defensive liability, I see it as a net-net wash. Purvis isn't playing well on D either and has the added bonus of stinking on ice from the outside. Oh yeah...free throws too.

I agree. Jackson should get more minutes but last night his defense wasn't just bad...it was awful. If he can be even ok on defense, he should be able to cut into Purvis' minutes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How is Rodney playing so awful and Vance not getting a shot? This one really amazes me. Don't want to hear loyalty either, need to produce and for now he's a liability on both ends, not even guarding like Rodney did last year.
But it is loyalty, isn't it?

Reaction Score
Absolutely perplexed by the long leash Ollie has given Purvis. Been playing horrible basketball. I don't understand this man sometimes. Seems he's finally fed up with my (deserved) criticism of him on twitter as he blocked me last night after the W.

Reaction Score
But it is loyalty, isn't it?

Probably yes, but you also need to be loyal to the guy who came across country to play for you and has over 3 years left. But I hear you Waq.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I agree. Jackson should get more minutes but last night his defense wasn't just bad...it was awful. If he can be even ok on defense, he should be able to cut into Purvis' minutes.
I get what you saying, but viewed through my blurry eyes (watched the game on DVR at 2:30am), the entire team was bad. LMU had as many open shots as Northeastern. Tough to put that at the feet of a freshman.

Reaction Score
Absolutely perplexed by the long leash Ollie has given Purvis. Been playing horrible basketball. I don't understand this man sometimes. Seems he's finally fed up with my (deserved) criticism of him on twitter as he blocked me last night after the W.

i see you're a big time internet, arm chair tough guy like the majority of people here.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Probably yes, but you also need to be loyal to the guy who came across country to play for you and has over 3 years left. But I hear you Waq.
I'm with you, though. If the loyalty doesn't pay off in Hawaii, it's time to move on.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's fair to say things like "Purvis isn't a basketball player" and "he should never shoot".

It's fair to say he needs to figure out what his role is on this team, and take shots in the rhythm of the offense. He's spent too much time trying to force his shot. If it's not falling, let it come naturally and produce in other ways. He shot the ball very well from 3 last year, and there is no reason to believe that he won't be at that point this year, and be a solid 12-15 PPG. But right now, he's forcing things and costing us big time.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Purvis isn't making shots. KO said in the post-game interview that he's going to keep feeding him until he starts making them.

The fact is, Rodney didn't have a bad game otherwise. But he can't go 0-6 from 3. Most of those were wide open looks, too. He'll come around. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
i see you're a big time internet, arm chair tough guy like the majority of people here.
Lol. I got blocked for saying we have no heart. Reeeeeeal tough guy I am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom