Give me a break | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Give me a break

Reaction Score
Vance is a good player. At times I saw his as a 4 year guy who could be very good. At times I saw him as a 3 year player and late first rounder. I still see both of these in him...

His dad tho thinks he is a hall of famer and that is a problem

I think he can and will be a very nice collegiate player but his athletic limitations put the kibosh on an NBA career IMO. Given his size, he's nowhere near the athlete you need to be even if you factor in 3-4 more years of development.

Granted I don't know their financial situation, his old man quitting his job to train him is nuts.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
You're seem to like to invite other people to do dumb things so you can watch what happens. What's up with that? How about you either step up or keep it to yourself.

Egging other people on to do dumb things is an American pastime like no other. Without it, I'm not sure YouTube would even exist

Reaction Score
Heard dad was calling daily to multiple times a week to brainstorm with ollie about his son. But this is not that uncommon
Oh but the decision to transfer was surely 100% Vance's

Reaction Score
I have an odd feeling that he is talking about us or his Twitter followers, not KO.

I think we would be naive to discount the possibility that he and Vance have perused this site recently (at the very least) - if not all season.
He is not talking about a bunch of random anonymous fans and I highly hIGHLY doubt he, and especially his son, ever come here.

Reaction Score
Egging other people on to do dumb things is an American pastime like no other. Without it, I'm not sure YouTube would even exist
That is why Jackass was/is so popular. That is why Jersey shore is too. It is just part of the culture.

Reaction Score
Forget about Vance and Enoch, running away from great opportunities ... Vance couldn't guard my grandmother either

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Forget about Vance and Enoch, running away from great opportunities ... Vance couldn't guard my grandmother either
I see what you've done here. Not many people will realize this is an Oz imitation. Speaking of Oz, it seems he's calmed down a lot since Chillious announcement.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Let's just start recruiting players with absentee fathers...problem solved!
We did. And that didn't work out well either.

People can believe that a coach who watches a kid and corresponds with them over the course of a year or two can really know a recruit and his family. That's not easy to do. Even Geno, yes I know @Deepster, who is a master at getting players that fit his template, makes mistakes. Most coaches don't have the acumen to recognize character flaws. It's difficult enough to assess skills.

And players run into the same problem. They have no way of knowing whether the coaches personality and methods of interaction will fit their character. It's difficult enough to know if the skill sets match the coaches playing style.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We did. And that didn't work out well either.

People can believe that a coach who watches a kid and corresponds with them over the course of a year or two can really know a recruit and his family. That's not easy to do. Even Geno, yes I know @Deepster, who is a master at getting players that fit his template, makes mistakes. Most coaches don't have the acumen to recognize character flaws. It's difficult enough to assess skills.

And players run into the same problem. They have no way of knowing whether the coaches personality and methods of interaction will fit their character. It's difficult enough to know if the skill sets match the coaches playing style.

As with defense, they never show the character flaws in the mixtape. Bummer.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Other than thinking it'd be dumb and not wanting anyone to do such thing in a case like this, I'll offer that you come off as a bystanding chicken here, not even selling ad space or producing the show.

Reaction Score
why are ya'll assuming he's referring to KO? Vance has tweeted several follow up messages since he announced he was transferring to clear up comments because I'm assuming he's being bashed on twitter, maybe Vance Sr is responding to the "fans".

This was my take. I actually doubt he's referring to KO. He's not going to praise him and then come back two days later and bash him. That would make him look like a fraud and he's not that. "Tell you how I really feel" =/= everything I've said before was a lie.

Reaction Score
This was my take. I actually doubt he's referring to KO. He's not going to praise him and then come back two days later and bash him. That would make him look like a fraud and he's not that. "Tell you how I really feel" =/= everything I've said before was a lie.

What makes you think he is not a fraud? Truth is, no one here knows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom