Give me a break | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Give me a break

Reaction Score
climbing into the mud with a pig never makes anyone cleaner, let this guy do what he does naturally...stink up the joint and covers himself with his own mud.

Reaction Score
This is all unfortunate but not all that unpredictable. I recall a conversation with his mother when they were first recruiting him that made it seem like the entire crew was going to be a bit of a pain in the ass. Best of luck to Vance wherever he ends up.
His dad quit his job to train him.

Reaction Score
Other coaches are probably calling Ollie and asking about Vance and what led him to transfer....probably what this is about.

Well if that's the case, and the coaches are relaying that info back to the Jackson family, Ollie should be cutting ties with those coaches.

Reaction Score
why are ya'll assuming he's referring to KO? Vance has tweeted several follow up messages since he announced he was transferring to clear up comments because I'm assuming he's being bashed on twitter, maybe Vance Sr is responding to the "fans".

Reaction Score
why are ya'll assuming he's referring to KO? Vance has tweeted several follow up messages since he announced he was transferring to clear up comments because I'm assuming he's being bashed on twitter, maybe Vance Sr is responding to the "fans".
Very possible

Reaction Score
We need to move on and realize the transfer was all for the best.

I go back to the Oriakhi incident when he was mouthing off to Calhoun and Calhoun didn't even go back at him, just turned around and ignored him. When you have dissension like this because of playing time, it is corrosive for the team.

I really believe at this point that it is a good thing Vance has moved on from UConn.

He is replaced by Larrier and when Larrier isn't in the game, go to 3 guards.

Reaction Score
I just don't get it. If you're going to go on a rant, go on a full blown rant. These little vague half truths serve no purpose.
Twitter character limitations. Got to really target the audience. :)

Reaction Score
We need to move on and realize the transfer was all for the best.

I go back to the Oriakhi incident when he was mouthing off to Calhoun and Calhoun didn't even go back at him, just turned around and ignored him. When you have dissension like this because of playing time, it is corrosive for the team.

I really believe at this point that it is a good thing Vance has moved on from UConn.

He is replaced by Larrier and when Larrier isn't in the game, go to 3 guards.

No reason Polley can't fill the same role, either.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I have an odd feeling that he is talking about us or his Twitter followers, not KO.

I think we would be naive to discount the possibility that he and Vance have perused this site recently (at the very least) - if not all season.

Seems to me that every recent tweet seems to be a reaction to every turn that the Vance Transferring thread has taken.

I wish this kid well, but I can't help but cringe seeing a father take "social" media to this extent. It is helping no one at all, namely Vance, Jr, with his image as he starts the interview process with other teams.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Vance in all of this, because unlike AO, he didn't really seem to share his father's sentiments and tried to stay above it all. Unfortunately a negative parental influence has cost us a good player, but at least VJ takes the high road, despite Vance Sr's approach.

Reaction Score
I wish him the best as well, but wherever he is transferring to.. are the coaches really not going to take into consideration the fact that the dad is a social media warrior? Sorry, maybe it's the old school upbringing in me, but you never talk family business at the table. If he's willing to throw UConn under the bus (because the fans are whining?), what makes the next college coach think he'll having the undying allegiance of his father? Not to mention, what D1 college coach wants a player's father in their ear trying to tell them how to steer the ship? AAU coaches don't even put up with that.

Vance Jr. good luck. - Vance Sr. good riddance

Reaction Score
It's over. Best of Luck to Vance Jr. Sr. and all Vance's of the future.

This guy should be full of optimism if he is confident in his son's abilities.

We ask people to leave, they ask us for a release, this is the game in 2017.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Lolwut? Really?
Fantastic. Jr. will be supporting the family, if they are lucky, with a development league contract. Well played.

Reaction Score
Vance is a good player. At times I saw his as a 4 year guy who could be very good. At times I saw him as a 3 year player and late first rounder. I still see both of these in him...

His dad tho thinks he is a hall of famer and that is a problem

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
who from the yard is gonna take up the cross and say something to get vance sr to tee off? i kinda wanna hear how he really feels...

You're seem to like to invite other people to do dumb things so you can watch what happens. What's up with that? How about you either step up or keep it to yourself.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Vance is a good player. At times I saw his as a 4 year guy who could be very good. At times I saw him as a 3 year player and late first rounder. I still see both of these in him...

His dad tho thinks he is a hall of famer and that is a problem

I don't see him as a first round pick, ever. That's not to say he won't find an NBA job, but the NBA prizes off the charts athleticism that Vance doesn't really have, and anybody who isn't drafted before they are a junior is devalued (wrongly at times).

Reaction Score
Heard dad was calling daily to multiple times a week to brainstorm with ollie about his son. But this is not that uncommon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom