Girls lose :( | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Girls lose :(

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I watched only the overtime and would say that UConn needed to be more aggressive driving as Notre Dame did. The only official call that I thought was bad was the drive by the Notre Dame lady who pushed off and got to go to the line for two points.

Reaction Score
What are you talking about?

They don't play a good team in January-March in their piss league. Is that clear enough for you? The 2nd best team in the AAC is USF who lost by 30 to Buffalo. They get a high profile non league opponent once or twice during that time but as bad as you think the AAC is in mens basketball it is heinous in women's basketball.

Reaction Score
I watched only the overtime and would say that UConn needed to be more aggressive driving as Notre Dame did. The only official call that I thought was bad was the drive by the Notre Dame lady who pushed off and got to go to the line for two points.

and what was up with Stevens starting the OT on the bench especially when you have the jump ball WTF.

Reaction Score
They don't play a good team in January-March in their piss league. Is that clear enough for you? The 2nd best team in the AAC is USF who lost by 30 to Buffalo. They get a high profile non league opponent once or twice during that time but as bad as you think the AAC is in mens basketball it is heinous in women's basketball.

You think they would have won the game if they played an NBE schedule?

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Yes. What doesn't get exposed in 3 months playing against Cincinnati and East Carolina gets exposed in front of 20,000 people facing a real team in a tight game.

Yes.

Exactly what I'm afraid of.

Reaction Score
Definitely a bummer. Notre dame deserved it, they were the much more aggressive team and had some incredible shooting performances by their guards. And they got uconn on a night when they were really off from the perimeter.
I am just beginning to think geno might need to rethink the 6 player rotation he has been sticking with in recent years, especially when he has the #1recruit and #1 recruiting class in the country, sitting on the bench.

Reaction Score
That was J in the eye to win the game. Gotta tip your cap there. Shot was wet.

Reaction Score
I think this takes away from the fact that ND and Miss St both had to played out of their minds to beat UConn.

Did Notre Dame play out of their minds?

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
No. Their OOC schedule was more than enough to prepare them.

True. There are only about 10 great teams, and I think we played most of them, other than Miss St. The AAC is not much worse than any other in that regard. The Final Four is not a good time to have an off game. This game was deja vu to last year. I want to know why our team only has six players, and the #1 recruit in the nation got 0 minutes.

Reaction Score
That comeback to send it into OT felt fake like too good to be true, Uconn had to win it in regulation realistically it kind of felt like the end of the George Mason game like when Denham Brown hit the game tying shot it didnt seem real its hard to explain.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Biggest takeaways:
1) If there's something bad for women's basketball, it's the officiating. That was pathetic. On top of about 8 missed travels, a 17ft disparity, and 2 of the worst charge calls I've ever seen, the second jump in OT was thrown directly over the Notre Dame player's head lol. Just such a bad look.
2) Sid Wilson has to be absolutely livid. Jess Shepard spent 2 years at Nebraska before jumping ship to play for Notre Dame and was given a waiver to be immediately eligible for no reason whatsoever, whereas Wilson attends like 3 days of summer classes and has to sit out. Should have lawyered up, clear as day Title IX issue
The officiating was absolutely disgusting. OT played out like this: UConn drives, draws contact, no foul. ND drives, falls over, foul called.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That comeback to send it into OT felt fake like too good to be true, Uconn had to win it in regulation realistically it kind of felt like the end of the George Mason game like when Denham Brown hit the game tying shot it didnt seem real its hard to explain.
Exactly. When ND had the last shot there was no way it wasn’t going in.

Reaction Score
OMG, the women's team, who is like 148-2 lost in the Final Four after being undefeated this year and winning almost a dozen National Championships in the last decade. That's on KO.

Reaction Score
I'll do it. I'll be the one to ask it:

Is the AAC hurting the women's basketball program?
Unfortunately as far as I know after a momentary google search, nobody cares enough about WBB to calculate even SOS

Not like UConn didn't kick some ass in the OOC

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
USF was legit top twenty five. In addition They played at USC during that period. Last week they beat Duke and USC. That’s more than enough prep for this game.

There are very few competive teams in women’s B.B. In any year it’s 4- 6 teams that have a legitimate shot. Yes the AAC is bad relative to other conferences but even in the best conferences after the first two teams the drop off is so steep as to make this moot.

This 2 pt overtime buzzer beater loss is more on the players having a bad game.

Crystal needed to play like she did against USC for this team to win the final two games. Instead she played like the player hampered with shin splints who does not practice to avoid aggravating them. Gabby has played with a hip injury the past couple of months. ND does not get as many easy buckets in the paint with the early season Gabby.

Kia is primarily a catch and shoot guard. When she’s forced to play on the ball she’s essentially neutralized.
She was horrible on offense even with Crystal running things. Her first three shots were air ball three and two missed bunny layups.

When that happened and Crystal missed her threes I felt UConn was in trouble. ND was able to iso on KLS.

Add KLS inbounding balls for turnovers, Gabby fumbling the ball or passing balls to the other team, Crystal doing the same, Naphesia going mia and ND playing their A game I had no confidence that UConn would win. The only bright spot was Stevens and Muffet had the luxury of doubling down on her because everyone else other than KLS were horrible.

This loss had nothing to do with Refs or the AAC. It had more to do with two players hampered by injuries, the team playing it’s D game, ND playing it’s A game and Geno only having six players who can play at Division 1 level. Well Walker was occasionally effective.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Disagree. They need to get beat up a lot more. Too soft when it counts.
They definitely played tight. The men showed that getting your butt kicked a lot doesn’t add toughness.

This team has shown in a few games this season that they were vulnerable.

Reaction Score
As poorly as some of the UConn players played on offense, it was the defense (or lack thereof) that lost the game. ND scored 91 points. That does not happen if UConn plays a good game on defense. As for the refs, they where bad in that they where inconsistent. Was the officiating affecting UConn's intensity (or lack thereof) on defense? That is debatable. Either way, ND made the big plays when they needed them. Tough loss.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
True. There are only about 10 great teams, and I think we played most of them, other than Miss St. The AAC is not much worse than any other in that regard. The Final Four is not a good time to have an off game. This game was deja vu to last year. I want to know why our team only has six players, and the #1 recruit in the nation got 0 minutes.
Walker has not shown enough to play against competitive teams. And she’s lights out ahead of the next six players on the squad.

If you believe Geno is one of the best women’s B.B. coaches, those bench players prove you need good players. They would rarely have games that they played even with teams that the six good players would blow out by forty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom