Gillom raves about BreStew | The Boneyard

Gillom raves about BreStew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"NOTRE DAME'S SKYLAR DIGGINS IN THE HOUSENotre Dame guard and reigning Big East Player of the Year Skylar Diggins is in attendance at tonight's game as part of a internship she is doing with ESPNW."

Really? Are we going to be subject to listening to both she AND Carolyn Peck, in the near future? Lord, give me the strength to not destroy my big screen! LOL.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Others also have said that Breanna is WNBA ready now. It will be very interesting to watch her. I've seen her terrific handle, shot blocking, and use of both hands to score. But now she has also become Kaleena Lewis!

Wasn't Jen Gillom the head coach at Minnesota a few years ago? She's now an assistant with the Mystics? Well, maybe that's better than being head coach of the Mystics. :)

Reaction Score
Wasn't Jen Gillom the head coach at Minnesota a few years ago? She's now an assistant with the Mystics? Well, maybe that's better than being head coach of the Mystics. :)

Head Coach of Minn in 2009. Head Coach of LA in 2010 & midway thru 2011.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I believe that Stewart will be the best player on the team next season and for her 4 years at UConn.

I thought I had seen the best and most impactful freshman with Moore. I have a feeling that I will be thinking differently before long.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe that Stewart will be the best player on the team next season and for her 4 years at UConn.

I thought I had seen the best and most impactful freshman with Moore. I have a feeling that I will be thinking differently before long.
I think you may be right. There, I've said it again. :)

Maya was a top 3 player nationally as a frosh, which was unprecedented. Breanna appears to be at that level, or beyond, and she's 6'4".

Tony was right as well when he raved about her 2 years ago--before she became a deadly 3-point shooter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I wouldn't write off Kaleena yet. Actually, I think the two of them separately will make each other better as opponents are going to have to choose who to guard. Together, they're going to terrorize opponents for three years.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't write off Kaleena yet. Actually, I think the two of them separately will make each other better as opponents are going to have to choose who to guard. Together, they're going to terrorize opponents for three years.

:)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Nothing would make me happier than to have Lewis be as good as Stewart next year. Heck, add in Hartley to that mix...lol.

Reaction Score
I like the way you think, Nan!

U

UCONNfan1

The only thing that gives even the least bit of concern about Bree is her strength. I know she was on the Pan Am team and played against older people, and the most college teams won't be as big, strong, or as fast... But no matter how good kids are coming into college, most mention the pace of the college game and the strength of the players they go up against as things they need to over come (or adjust to).

I'm sure she will have some sub par games (maybe 1 or 2 during the year ;)) but I have a feeling she will end up being one of the most college ready kids we've ever seen. I could see this UCONN team averaging 90 PPG next year. AVERAGING. i mean, even if you bring in Heather and Lauren at the 8 minute mark, and have Bree, Moriah and Morgan on the court, you still have a great scoring team.

I know in general fans like to talk about who's the "best player" on the team - that discussion is inevitable, but Bria and KML are terrific in their own right. And how do you define "best" anyway? Kelly will probably again be the best 1 on 1 defender on the team. KML the best outside shooter. Hopefully they all give each other a run for their money. UCONN will be unfair to all opponents for the next 3 years...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

This also reminds me of how Morgan seems to relish her chances to go against Breanna. And she does so quite well.....I think they will make each other better on the practice court.

I can easily see them beating each other up in practice on a regular basis for the next four years.

U

UCONNfan1

This also reminds me of how Morgan seems to relish her chances to go against Breanna. And she does so quite well.....I think they will make each other better on the practice court.

I can easily see them beating each other up in practice on a regular basis for the next four years.
Bree was held scoreless for the entire first half of the McD AA game mainly because she was guarded by Morgan.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There is a different feeling in the building when KML is playing her best ball. I know because I've experienced it twice: Stanford and BET finals. I firmly believe that her best basketball will only continue to improve, and that the frequency with which she plays it will increase. She's a special, special kid.

And yeah, Breanna is the most decorated high schooler ever. And there are a number of extremely talented players at UConn, be it ahead of, in the same class of, and behind KML.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There is a different feeling in the building when KML is playing her best ball. I know because I've experienced it twice: Stanford and BET finals. I firmly believe that her best basketball will only continue to improve, and that the frequency with which she plays it will increase. She's a special, special kid.

And yeah, Breanna is the most decorated high schooler ever. And there are a number of extremely talented players at UConn, be it ahead of, in the same class of, and behind KML.
There is a different feeling at home too when Kaleena is really on. As her coaches and teammates said, when Kaleena shoots it, everyone expects it to go in. The anticipation is palpable.

Here's a sequence: Bria from the corner for 3. Kaleena from the wing for 3. Breanna from the other wing for 3. Opposing coach calls time out and waives the white towel.

Reaction Score
... Tony was right as well when he raved about her 2 years ago--before she became a deadly 3-point shooter.
O Lordy - don't say that!!! There'll be no stopping Ol' 195-0 if you encourage him like that!

And I thought he'd quiet down after the Diamond DeShields misfire.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
O Lordy - don't say that!!! There'll be no stopping Ol' 195-0 if you encourage him like that!

And I thought he'd quiet down after the Diamond DeShields misfire.
Since I was agreeing with DoggyDaddy, I thought I might as well go all the way and agree with Tony too. :)

Reaction Score
When the Huskies spread the floor, it will be difficult for other teams to double team any Husky. Kelly will need to take, and make, shots to keep defenses honest, and when she does, every Husky out there will be looking at single coverage. That does have a pleasant feel to it.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah !

Before their careers are over no one will be able to stop us.
Unless you have a defensive stopper like Kelly the opposing team doesn't
have a chance. You may be able to play a little help side defense down low,
but as well as we pass the ball we will get a bunch of bunnies.

How are you going to defend this :
Kaleena - Ms Outside
Breanna - Ms Inside
Double team that !
Then you also have Bigmomma Stef, the protector !
All I can say is ... you better have your head on a swivel

I don't believe there has been another season get started as bad as I do this one !

GO UCONN

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Oh yeah !

Kaleena - Ms Outside
Breanna - Ms Inside
Double team that !

I don't believe there has been another season get started as bad as I do this one !

GO UCONN

Of course, the beauty is, they can both play inside and outside!

Reaction Score
Oh.... I almost forgot one lil tidbit.
From what I see, from what I hear... I don't believe my friend Tonyc has exaggerated the capabilities of what this team can accomplish. It will be tough this year, and I don't want to put any undue pressure on them, but the thing is, these young women accept the pressure. These girls these days embrace the pressure. They are much more college ready now, then they come to UCONN and Geno for finishing school.

To me, the team next year will be just the perfect bball team. Most coaches and most universities will never see a team like this. See how fortunate we are to be a fan of UCONN WBB.

We may never see another team like these girls the next couple of years, so let's pull hard, and go see them when we can.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Oh yeah !

Before their careers are over no one will be able to stop us.
Unless you have a defensive stopper like Kelly the opposing team doesn't
have a chance. You may be able to play a little help side defense down low,
but as well as we pass the ball we will get a bunch of bunnies.

Kaleena - Ms Outside
Breanna - Ms Inside
Double team that !

GO UCONN

I can barely imagine giving Stef with her vision and passing skills the variety of outs and spot up shooters and cutters she will have this year. I just giggle when I think about it.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I can barely imagine giving Stef with her vision and passing skills the variety of outs and spot up shooters and cutters she will have this year. I just giggle when I think about it.

60 years old and giggling? Hee hee hee.

The best passing team in WCBB just got better with the addition of Stewart and Jefferson. I'd bet that Tuck ends up with a postitive assist/to ratio as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom