Gilbert plays nasty defense | The Boneyard

Gilbert plays nasty defense

Reaction Score
I really really hope he plays another year.
It reminds me of the defense boatright and Napier played. I think it would be in his best interests and our to stay. That defense will be needed next year

Also on Bouknight— unless something incredible happens — he is two and done. The biggest event that UConn will have in the 5 years is to hope he stays. I think it would be in his best interests but it’s just another period in time. He can be a superstar top 10-5 pick next year with evolvement. I hope for everyone it becomes reality

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gilbert does well defender longer, leaner guards like Mills and Jarreau. He is still susceptible to being walked down the lane by more stout guards.

Reaction Score
Inch for inch he may be the craftiest defender I've ever seen. He D's well above his height class.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I thoughts Adams was also a beast on D last night...especially in the second half

Adams was solid all around. He battled down low, got 6 rebounds, and did what the team needed him to do.

Reaction Score
AG plays D like The Clamp, always seems personal!

1583503409847.png

Reaction Score
I really really hope he plays another year.
It reminds me of the defense boatright and Napier played. I think it would be in his best interests and our to stay. That defense will be needed next year

Also on Bouknight— unless something incredible happens — he is two and done. The biggest event that UConn will have in the 5 years is to hope he stays. I think it would be in his best interests but it’s just another period in time. He can be a superstar top 10-5 pick next year with evolvement. I hope for everyone it becomes reality

By far our best defender and showed it last night for sure. I don't think most who hammer on him understand that at all they can't because as I see it right now we will miss that. Hope he comes back also.

Vital is usually solid but he cheats a biot too much for me trying to make plays, while he does he gets burnt a lot. For those who want AG gone don't watch Gaff play defense against good guards because he was consistently burnt last night on the first step of people he guarded. I know many think he's the answer but I need to see him improve dramatically on that end. (don't know about Cole defensively) On another note Bouk has become a much better defender. He is now a solid on man defender, does have that same ability to read the ball which is good and bad like CV, but he seems to have reeled that in and plays man very well now can be a great one. Brendan was not very good in the first half, tried to get in the face instead of leaving space and was beaten bad but really changed it up half 2 and played solid defense on everyone he guarded. I mean in his defense how do you even guard Mills, kid is crafty and can score the ball in so many ways.

Reaction Score
AG plays D like The Clamp, always seems personal!

View attachment 51634

Like that "personal" good call. Lately he's pissed off some good players with his relentless D and they've pushed, shoved etc etc and he goes right back after them.

Great pic Kita!!

Reaction Score
Adams was solid all around. He battled down low, got 6 rebounds, and did what the team needed him to do.

I wish Adams would make more shots, but given that he's playing most of his minutes at the 4 he has done a really solid job of contributing in various ways.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wish Adams would make more shots, but given that he's playing most of his minutes at the 4 he has done a really solid job of contributing in various ways.

I'm sure Hurley wishes he'd make more shots too. Lol.

Right now Adams' offensive game is all down hill towards the rim.

I thought his best okay of the night was leading a fast break in the second half where he took the ball hard down the middle and passed off nicely to the left for a layup.

Reaction Score
AG doesn't seem to get his hands on tips as much as Shabazz or Boat, or into passing lanes as much as CV, but he cuts off body angles so well. Hence the charges he drew last night. If he gets beat on the first step, he ends up running past the penetrator to cut off the shot angle. He does a lot of herky jerky body movements too that confuse the dribbler.

A few times last night I thought, oh no they're going to post him up. I'd have to watch the tape to understand how Kelvin wasn't able to exploit the height differential.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom