Gilbert out for season...again | The Boneyard

Gilbert out for season...again

Reaction Score
Feel bad for the kid. Probably should've been put in the position to come off the bench (at least initially) following the injury with MAL or Waters starting.

Reaction Score
I just did some research on medical redshirts, technically known as medical hardship waiver.

To be eligible:
  • The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
  • The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
  • The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
  • The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.
Alterique only played in six games this season, which is less than 30% of UConn's scheduled games. So it looks like he is eligible to obtain another medical redshirt

Reaction Score
He will now miss two straight years minus maybe 6 games. He will have "shake off the rust" once again and try to become the player he once was. I just don't think we can depend on a player having his 3rd surgery. We can't bank next season on his recovery again.

I want him to come back and whatever he gives us great and if he is 100% bonus but the team can't built around him. We need to have our set team and if he is healthy even better.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At least we know now, right? I feel bad for him. I'd rather he have the surgery asap so he'll be ready for next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom