Gilbert Officially Transfers to WSU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gilbert Officially Transfers to WSU

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
In terms of his mental health, I hope the culture with Marshall and Wichita keeps him positive and healthy.

In terms of basketball fit, it's a home run. He's currently one of seven scholarship players and between Etienne/Dennis/Wade there's some talent around him to play with.

Reaction Score
He fought his way back from tough injuries and played his ass off for us. A true Husky who helped bring the program back. May his path forward be blessed.
Have a blessed day.

Reaction Score
At least he stuck with a basketball school in a semi-football conference. Best of luck!

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
What's interesting to me is that it looks like he is transferring to WSU for a role at the point. Felt as though he excelled best off of the ball and really struggled when he was at point guard. Anyway I hope that this works out for him and will have to check in for their big games. People are saying this is the first transfer of the Hurley era, which is true, but this was not ugly at all. Durham, Vance and Enoch didn't have nearly as much mutual respect for their head coach as AG. Go Shockers.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Good luck Al. We'll be rooting for you.

#foreverahusky

Reaction Score
I thought Tyson Etienne had really good ball skills when they played us; I'm pretty sure he plays both the point and 2 guard spots. I'm sure AG sees WSU as a top 25 team, give or take, Marshall is an exceptional coach, so an excellent opportunity here for Alterique. Best of luck Al!!

Reaction Score
So strange - middle of Kansas- don’t get this one at all. I hope he does well but I could easily see him looking back on this this time next year and saying why did I go there? At least go to Georgia or some some mid- lower level SEC/acc school closer to home - why would you want to stay in the same trash conference where everybody knows u? he really rather play in Wichita than back with UConn in the big East atmosphere for five - 7 less minutes a game? disappointing- but he’s still one of my fave huskies in recent memory.

Reaction Score
What's interesting to me is that it looks like he is transferring to WSU for a role at the point. Felt as though he excelled best off of the ball and really struggled when he was at point guard. Anyway I hope that this works out for him and will have to check in for their big games. People are saying this is the first transfer of the Hurley era, which is true, but this was not ugly at all. Durham, Vance and Enoch didn't have nearly as much mutual respect for their head coach as AG. Go Shockers.
I don't consider a grad transfer, a transfer

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not stay in same dead conference
Not go to a team that’s falling apart
Not go to a team In middle of nowhere
Go closer to home
Stay with UConn in big East
Enough reasons?
You want people to make your destiny for you?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom