Gilbert Officially Transfers to WSU | The Boneyard

Gilbert Officially Transfers to WSU

Reaction Score
“WSU is now up to seven available scholarships to hand out in a spring where official visits and in-person recruiting has been suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Shockers have yet to pick up a commitment this spring to join three-star wing JaDun Michael, a signing from the fall, in their 2020 recruiting class.

There are now gaping holes on the roster at two positions, as all three of WSU’s point guards from last season transferred this offseason and three of the four centers either transferred or graduated. The five returning scholarship players are senior forward Trey Wade, junior wing Dexter Dennis, junior center Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, sophomore Tyson Etienne and redshirt freshman Josaphat Bilau.“

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

The opportunity is certainly there with the Shockers after all three of the team’s point guards transferred out of the program since their 23-8 season ended. There’s also an outside chance he could have two seasons at WSU, as he could apply for a sixth year having missed 56 of 65 games his first two seasons.

Reaction Score
Well both can be true, no? It’s weird for me as a UConn fan that he’s going there. But to AG the person it makes total sense.
Gotcha. I thought you were saying it's weird because Wichita is a in a huge transition with over half the team transferring and you would think AG would want a new conference after being stuck in the AAC for 4 years.

Reaction Score
While they had a lot of transfers, their starters at the 2-4 are all staying and backup center (starter graduated). *Stevenson and Dennis split time at the wing pretty evenly.

Their main hole now was at PG, and he fills it.

Reaction Score
While they had a lot of transfers, their starters at the 2-4 are all staying and backup center (starter graduated). *Stevenson and Dennis split time at the wing pretty evenly.

Their main hole now was at PG, and he fills it.
That's an interesting way to look at it, I see holes everywhere. They lost like 36-37 ppg to transfer.

Reaction Score
That's an interesting way to look at it, I see holes everywhere. They lost like 36-37 ppg to transfer.

Marshall didn't play anyone more than 60% of available minutes over the season, so they are losing a lot of minutes and depth, but their roster isn't as much of a disaster as you might think with 7 or 8 transfers or whatever.

Reaction Score
I can’t understand why he would want to stay in the same conference in which he came. You think go to a different conference to see new teams and new places. IMO. No doubt I wish him the best of luck!

Reaction Score
Agreed. Other than playing time availability this makes zero sense.
Well, we don't know what was most important to Alterique. Looks like being close to home wasn't that much of a factor. Looks to be guaranteed playing time at a decent level and if that was his priority then he made a good choice. He could have chosen some of the P5 teams that wanted him but we don't know what their level of interest was and even if they were interested he may not have guaranteed playing time like at WSU. I wish him well. Hope he kills it there.

Reaction Score
As crazy as this sounds, AG is one of my all-time favorite Huskies. He showed nothing but heart and dedication through the worst of times. I couldn't help but feel some of his pain.

As we're all being reminded, a lot of lousy stuff happens in life that's beyond our control. A good dose of AG resilience would serve us all well.

Reaction Score
As crazy as this sounds, AG is one of my all-time favorite Huskies. He showed nothing but heart and dedication through the worst of times. I couldn't help but feel some of his pain.

As we're all being reminded, a lot of lousy stuff happens in life that's beyond our control. A good dose of AG resilience would serve us all well.

Swap Al for CV and I agree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom