Gilbert MUST Start on Monday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gilbert MUST Start on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Considering that AG played 35 minutes and initiated the offense, not sure that inserting him as the starting PG would be a cure all. He essentially already is. And Vital looked like he fits but I doubt we see clamoring to start him if his one bucket rims out and he goes 0-4.
I think it cures our famous slow starts that we've been having for 3 years now. He gets his teammates easier shots

Reaction Score
Considering that AG played 35 minutes and initiated the offense, not sure that inserting him as the starting PG would be a cure all. He essentially already is. And Vital looked like he fits but I doubt we see clamoring to start him if his one bucket rims out and he goes 0-4.
Yes but him and JA were pretty much splitting the responsibilities of "running" the offense. I would like to see AG get more responsibility.

Reaction Score
I think it cures our famous slow starts nothat we've been having for 3 years now. He gets his teammates easier shots
A fine observation! I agree. AB off the bench

Reaction Score
A fine observation! I agree. AB off the bench
Start Brimah for the tip with Gilbert, Adams, Purvis, Larrier

As soon as possible, substitute Facey or Enoch in for Brimah and Jackson for whomever of Adams and Purvis starts poorly

Reaction Score
We don't need to over analyze this. When Brimah and Facey start together against anything but a cupcake our offense is 3 vs 5 on the other team. The pattern throughout their careers is for us to get in a hole right out of the blocks and then spend the rest of the game fighting out of a hole. Even though rebounding is a big issue, they don't help us there either. I would like to see a smaller quick lineup, a press and a chance to hold things together for the first 8 minutes. Our bigs playing together can be Larrier and whoever. Scoring is an issue with this team as we do not have knockdown shooters, hopefully Vance can be that.

Reaction Score
Start Brimah for the tip with Gilbert, Adams, Purvis, Larrier

As soon as possible, substitute Facey or Enoch in for Brimah and Jackson for whomever of Adams and Purvis starts poorly

I like the concept but we need to give it a couple minutes right, or a quick hook after a mistake JC style.

Also I'm not a fan of our 5 not having 2 of JA, AG or CV in the game because Rodney as a 2 just doesn't impact the opponents defense (shooter not slasher) because of not being a great ball handler or passer. When they had DHam last year they got away with his weaknesses at the 2, this team will need 2 of those 3 in the game I believe to be effective in half court. Just my opinion but any one of those 3 can feed off the other being in there also plus it keeps the other teams best defensive guard off the ball as you can hand it to the other to run the point.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Gilbert got one assist against Wagner. Enough said. He comes off the bench, as he should.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He played 35 minutes against Wagner, second only to Jalen. I suspect Ollie is already well aware that he needs to be on the floor that much; whether he starts or not is kind of irrelevant if he's playing starter's minutes.

Reaction Score
I think the problem has more to do with how the offense is being run, rather than who is running it. I would like to see him play plenty though, because he's fun to watch.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Maybe because no one else was scoring except for him and Terry?

Chicken and egg. Did no one else score because the other players didn't create opportunities and pass the ball? Adams had 5 assists, despite his poor shooting. If Gilbert is going to keep getting those minutes, he needs to create and generate some assists. That's what makes the 2 PG offense go.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Chicken and egg. Did no one else score because the other players didn't create opportunities and pass the ball? Adams had 5 assists, despite his poor shooting. If Gilbert is going to keep getting those minutes, he needs to create and generate some assists. That's what makes the 2 PG offense go.
His ability to drive is what opens up the floor. I remember him kicking it back out a few times, and I think we'll see that a lot.

If first impressions are worth anything, I'm not worried in the least about Gilbert doing his part, whatever is needed.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
His ability to drive is what opens up the floor. I remember him kicking it back out a few times, and I think we'll see that a lot.

If first impressions are worth anything, I'm not worried in the least about Gilbert doing his part, whatever is needed.

At the moment he's getting torched on the defensive end.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
At least he's not afraid to take the shots that Purvis won't take. My goodness

Reaction Score
At the moment he's getting torched on the defensive end.
And they are sagging on the zone on him on offense. So he can't drive and is afraid to shoot. And when he shoots, it's an airball. Gilbert looks over matched against Northeastern. It's going to be a long year. Maybe a long couple of years.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
And they are sagging on the zone on him on offense. So he can't drive and is afraid to shoot. And when he shoots, it's an airball. Gilbert looks over matched against Northeastern. It's going to be a long year. Maybe a long couple of years.

And then he hits one from the corner. Freshman

Reaction Score
Why must Gilbert start?

So he can be horrible and stink it up?

Silly, jumping to conclusions after one game, sound like a fan.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Why must Gilbert start?

So he can be horrible and stink it up?

Silly, jumping to conclusions after one game, sound like a fan.

He should start because he at least has a pulse , displayed some heart and desire and did some good things tonight. Did you see how ridiculously passive Rodney was tonight?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
He should start because he at least has a pulse , displayed some heart and desire and did some good things tonight. Did you see how ridiculously passive Rodney was tonight?

No. I didn't. He attacked the basket and was our best defender...by far. His shooting is still off, but was better.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm still bullish on Gilbert. He got beat on D a few times and I expect that to improve.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
No. I didn't. He attacked the basket and was our best defender...by far. His shooting is still off, but was better.

7 points/ zero free throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog