Gilbert likely Returning | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gilbert likely Returning

Reaction Score
Huge....the team played so much better when he was on the court. With him, I think we go 500 last year.
Awesome.....,so 16-16 instead of 14-18? That's what we're striving for at UConn.

Reaction Score
254 minutes played in his first two seasons. Shoot, Jalen Adams has played 265 minutes in his last 7 games this season alone. Has there ever been a UConn player this highly anticipated with this bad of an injury history? Reminds me a bit of AJ Price back when I was in school, but I still have my laptop.

C

Chief00

We have 1 confirmed ball handler coming back then. That is still a disastrous situation. Offer this kid from Prince Tech that JC is hounding for all I care. JA and Vital can not/should not handle the ball next year if akinjo is def out
If Jim wants someone, he shows the love until you step on campus and you will never see that nice again. Just kidding per Rip’s story.

C

Chief00

Great news. I hope he makes a full recovery and kicks ass.

He’s a kid I like as a person and as a guy in the foxhole. To be an effective elite D1 PG - he needs to improve his shot. He knows that.

Reaction Score
Awesome.....,so 16-16 instead of 14-18? That's what we're striving for at UConn.
Hard to say what his impact would have been but the team certainly would have been better off with him. If for no other reason than not to have had to rely on Anderson so much.

Reaction Score
We have 1 confirmed ball handler coming back then. That is still a disastrous situation. Offer this kid from Prince Tech that JC is hounding for all I care. JA and Vital can not/should not handle the ball next year if akinjo is def out
I graduated from Prince Tech. Just thought I'd share. Lol

Reaction Score
Felt this coming:
Alterique Just held a press conference and said; “Just one more thing, if I play coach stays, coach goes I go”
Erma on the board has asked for a re-vote.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Felt this coming:
Alterique Just held a press conference and said; “Just one more thing, if I play coach stays, coach goes I go”
?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Be happy with what you get from AG here on out. They idea that a guy who was injured two, or is it three, years in a row becoming an All-American is setting both you and him for disappointment.

I'll take a version that becomes Talik Brown. Floor leader, defender, makes big plays in big games.

Reaction Score
I hope he is healthy.
You just can't count on him to stay healthy, so you have to have a plan without him.

Reaction Score
What is the over under on how long Gilbert lasts if he plays. I'm saying it's 8 games.

Reaction Score
Felt this coming:

St. Patrick's Day extension?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it is fair to worry whether AG has a Steve Pikiell like trajectory. I wish him well and hope for the best, but the surgeries and lost playing time are reason for concern.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think it is fair to worry whether AG has a Steve Pikiell like trajectory. I wish him well and hope for the best, but the surgeries and lost playing time are reason for concern.

Medicine has come a long way since then. I can't find the link, but his doctor said fairly clearly that this procedure should end his shoulder troubles. Whether he's 100% back by August, who knows? He'll probably be rusty too. But I don't expect him to have shoulder trouble going forward.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Medicine has come a long way since then. I can't find the link, but his doctor said fairly clearly that this procedure should end his shoulder troubles. Whether he's 100% back by August, who knows? He'll probably be rusty too. But I don't expect him to have shoulder trouble going forward.
Good to hear. So he will have to get over the rust, and get his confidence back to accept contact. I suspect that we won't see him at 100% until January, at the earliest.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Good to hear. So he will have to get over the rust, and get his confidence back to accept contact. I suspect that we won't see him at 100% until January, at the earliest.

I'd think it would take a year. That's a long time to be out. Not just out, but not even able to shoot most of the time.

Reaction Score

Well, he's not beaten up from two trying years on the court, and hopefully he's learned a lot from watching all the things that went wrong.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For what it's worth... I asked Kwintin Williams at the gym if he was staying for next year and he said yeah. CV, cobb, vital, Jalen, diarra,Whaley and Carlton were all at the rec.

Good stuff thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom