Gift Update - 10/20 | The Boneyard

Gift Update - 10/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Thank you for meeting the target for yesterday. Our current total stands at $7,333 with some amount of matching funds that haven't arrived yet. Nice job. The next donation cracks 30%.

New target is $8,333 for tomorrow night. There's no reason we can't get there and it puts us at 1/3rd of the ultimate goal. It's doable!

The next target is $12,000 by next weekend. The original pledge amount I tracked was $10,826. I know that several people increased their donation over their initial pledge and several people who were reluctant to pledge until they knew what the gift was have kicked in.

So $12,000 is more than reasonable. Once matching funds start to arrive, we'll be over half way after a couple of weeks.

60 of you originally pledged. We have received 42 official donations. I know a few of those are new to the game so there are at least 20 who haven't gotten around to it yet.

I am going to contact all the people who originally pledged tomorrow. I will comb the threads and my inbox to see who has documented their donation. So if you donated and didn't say, send me a PM and I won't have to NPR you.

A few ways to help us raise funds:

Let your friends and family who don't frequent the board know about the gift. E-mail them the link to the donation page (in my signature below).

Share the Facebook post with UConn fans who don't frequent the board. Encourage them to join the Facebook group.

If you can come up with other ideas, let me know or post them.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Would a badge or a word like UConn Donor under a person's Avatar help recognize givers, and give a gentle reminder to those posters unaware of the importance of our Drive? So far, only 40 something badges would deserve awarding- out of the THOUSANDS of opinions written weekly on this board. That's pretty sad. Even if 500 people give $5 it would make a difference.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Just pitched in. Come on, people. It's probably a chance to get some cash out of your boss too, and who doesn't like that?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Would a badge or a word like UConn Donor under a person's Avatar help recognize givers, and give a gentle reminder to those posters unaware of the importance of our Drive? So far, only 40 something badges would deserve awarding- out of the THOUSANDS of opinions written weekly on this board. That's pretty sad. Even if 500 people give $5 it would make a difference.

We don't have to shame anyone - it's a good cause and we'll get where we're going with constant prodding, reminding and, at some point, threats of violence. (Not necessarily in that order.)

A nice way to help remind people....steal jleves' signature with picture and link.

Reaction Score
Just pitched in. Come on, people. It's probably a chance to get some cash out of your boss too, and who doesn't like that?
Sorry I only talk to my boss when absolutely necessary as he is an insufferable .:)

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Not sure how to PM, I'm lucky I can figure out how to do a regular post since I'm usually just a lurker :)
Anyway I donated my $100 last night.

That was one heck of a post, you should post more often! Awesome job.

FYI: in this newish Boneyard, a PM is called a Conversation. I think you get to it through the Inbox button on the top right part of the page. You may have turn it on under settings or something.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You can just click on anyone's name to start a conversation with them. A little window will pop up and the "Start a Conversation" link will be one of the options.

Reaction Score
Just submitted my donation. Increased from my original pledge of $100 after reading all the great work done on this and its cause. I'll look to complete my employer's match this week.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Nice job and thanks everyone - just $250 from today's target. Remember to contact friends and family who aren't regulars!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Just a reminder to those of you standing on the sidelines waiting. A very generous anonymous donor has agreed to contribute the final $5,000 as soon as we hit $20,000. So get your contributions in so we can collect that for Coach Calhoun!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not sure how to PM, I'm lucky I can figure out how to do a regular post since I'm usually just a lurker :)
Anyway I donated my $100 last night.

Just submitted my donation. Increased from my original pledge of $100 after reading all the great work done on this and its cause. I'll look to complete my employer's match this week.

Sorry I only talk to my boss when absolutely necessary as he is an insufferable .:)

He's a nice person. And he is a nice person. And she needs to talk to her her boss so that I can say that she's a nice person.

Ironic that Suz is reticent to talk to her boss because he's an insufferable and yet she visits this place daily.

Reaction Score
He's a nice person. And he is a nice person. And she needs to talk to her her boss so that I can say that she's a nice person.

Ironic that Suz is reticent to talk to her boss because he's an insufferable and yet she visits this place daily.

He's a nice person. ????
Last time I checked I was most definitely not a HE..... hey way to greet the newcomer!
Ironic this newbie needs to explain to Fishy how to read someones profile...:rolleyes:

mets1090

Reaction Score
Her avatar is a female symbol.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Fishy was responding to Suzyq and encouraging her to talk to her boss to get the matching contribution, I believe

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Made a donation. I want to thank all the parties involved for doing a terrific job organizing this.

mets1090

Reaction Score
New target is $8,333 for tomorrow night. There's no reason we can't get there and it puts us at 1/3rd of the ultimate goal. It's doable!
progress.jpg

Progress: 34%
Raised: $ 8408 Goal: $ 25000

Reaction Score

Yes, well I measure his "insufferableness" based on this place. On a scale of 1-10 for Boneyard assholes, he's a 20. Take the worst person from the football board, raise his unsufferableness by an order of magnitude and that's my boss on a good day. I will not ask him for a dime as I don't want to taint this wonderful tribute to Coach and besides he's from California ( excuse me Northern California) and knows nothing about Uconn.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Yes, well I measure his "insufferableness" based on this place. On a scale of 1-10 for Boneyard *******s, he's a 20. Take the worst person from the football board, raise his unsufferableness by an order of magnitude and that's my boss on a good day. I will not ask him for a dime as I don't want to taint this wonderful tribute to Coach and besides he's from California ( excuse me Northern California) and knows nothing about Uconn.

How about asking HR directly? Just a thought.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I thought you were talking about getting your company to provide matching funds (but I admit I may have missed some details here and there).

Reaction Score
I thought you were talking about getting your company to provide matching funds (but I admit I may have missed some details here and there).
No , matching funds is easy( my company is huge!), working for a is not. :mad:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
No , matching funds is easy( my company is huge!), working for a is not. :mad:

Oh, sorry....missed the point. You have been coming here and dealing with Fishy for years....funny to think of Fishy being the "kinder, gentler" (sort of ) boss (with Tom) of The Boneyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom