Gibbs To UConn (not true yet; why don't y'all just give it 20 minutes) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gibbs To UConn (not true yet; why don't y'all just give it 20 minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
I tend to trust Rothstein on these things but I'm also surprised Meyer would affirm something not true. Meyer does speculate a lot, but usually makes it known its speculation. Either way, it appears Meyer/Slater heard something good for UConn, which is a plus.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
images

Reaction Score
Guess not..

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 55s56 seconds ago
Contrary to reports, SHU transfer Sterling Gibbs has not committed anywhere, source told @CBSSports. List expected to be cut this weekend.
Posting a link you know does not work.

Posting a link you know does not work to a story which is not true but calling someone else out when asking you to post a link which works.

Bang up job today NYC!

Reaction Score
We'll see what happens here. I have a hard time with the idea that Meyer ran with that without getting some actual intel. It's possible that this is similar to Malik Newman's situation, where the decision has been made but he wants to announce it on his own terms.
That's what I'm thinking, he's UConn bound.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This happens quite often though. Guys on Twitter will say a player has committed somewhere. Then an hour later it will come out that he's "still uncommitted." And then a few days later it turns out the original reports were true. I'm 99.99% sure we're getting him now. Someone must've had information to say he committed today. So yeah, I think it's true. But it may take a few days for it to become official.

Reaction Score
Meyer's a smart guy, he wouldn't put this out there without confirmation I would think.

Reaction Score
They claim to have confirmed it independently.
He is coming here guys! Don't worry! There is too much fire with this whole thing for it not to be true! Bruce what are your sources telling you?

Reaction Score
Newman did the same thing. I think this is a similar situation. I'll wait to celebrate until the kid announces, though.

I agree. I think he's 98% of the way here but there's still enough room for him to go elsewhere.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I believe this may be because he hasn't been granted his release from Seton Hall yet. Maybe he jumped the gun.

Reaction Score
Because the auto on animated graphics are responsible for pretty much all the complaints I've gotten in the past few weeks.

A page with 25 replies and a 1/2 dozen animated gifs is annoying as hell to read. Until I get an option for readers to opt out of seeing the annoying animated graphics - they're gone. Sorry, but I agree with the complaints.

God speed then, I get a chuckle from some of the funny ones.

Reaction Score
I believe this may be because he hasn't been granted his release from Seton Hall yet. Maybe he jumped the gun.
He is coming here guys just going to have to wait for a couple more days for it to be official!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom