Gibbs To UConn (not true yet; why don't y'all just give it 20 minutes) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Gibbs To UConn (not true yet; why don't y'all just give it 20 minutes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
But wasn't everyone's point that he didn't have to visit? I'm just being a dick about the fact that I was right. I really hope he signs here and I'm thrilled at this news. Get it done KO.

Reaction Score
But wasn't everyone's point that he didn't have to visit? I'm just being a dick about the fact that I was right. I really hope he signs here and I'm thrilled at this news. Get it done KO.

You weren't right. You said that it was a bad sign that he hadn't planned a visit. The response was that he had already visited. Nobody said he couldn't also take an official.

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score
Can the title of this thread be changed to "(not yet true)"? Or "(possibility)"?

Reaction Score
Dear Mr. Gibbs: In the event you make it to page 11 of this thread (1 of many pertaining to you) on the boneyard:

Please let me help you with this decision. Which schools on your list are true elite level programs? Which schools on your list have a national reputation for developing more NBA guards in the past 20 years? Which schools on your list have a head coach with scads of NBA contacts, 1 NC in 3 years, and past offers to coach NBA teams? Which schools on your list have won 2 NCs in past 5 years? Which schools on your list have won 4 NC's in the past 16 years? Which schools on your list are in an elite conference...never mind scratch that one... But seriously though, which school, with your contributions, will provide the most realistic shot at another NC next years? If your answer to 1 or all of these questions was UConn, please put an end to this crazy roller coaster ride, and join the most loyal and rabid fans in the country!!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Dear Mr. Gibbs: In the event you make it to page 11 of this thread (1 of many pertaining to you) on the boneyard:

Please let me help you with this decision. Which schools on your list are true elite level programs? Which schools on your list have a national reputation for developing more NBA guards in the past 20 years? Which schools on your list have a head coach with scads of NBA contacts, 1 NC in 3 years, and past offers to coach NBA teams? Which schools on your list have won 2 NCs in past 5 years? Which schools on your list have won 4 NC's in the past 16 years? Which schools on your list are in an elite conference...never mind scratch that one... But seriously though, which school, with your contributions, will provide the most realistic shot at another NC next years? If your answer to 1 or all of these questions was UConn, please put an end to this crazy roller coaster ride, and join the most loyal and rabid fans in the country!!!
No normal man could make it to page 11 of this thread... We're not normal. :eek:

Reaction Score
Can the title of this thread be changed to "(not yet true)"? Or "(possibility)"?
"Gibbs Visiting UConn" would suffice. Gibbs committing to UConn is not not true, so yeah, its misleading.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Billy likes to drink soda,
His favorite flavor is lime.
He spilled it on Mrs. Lippy's car.
Mrs. Lippy did not notice.

Ms Lippy's car is green.

Reaction Score
Another day, another interesting "favorite" by Sterling. The VCU cult, Pit and NC State fans are inundating him with tweets the last couple days but he's only favored these pro-uconn tweets. In terms of all the other info, this is small but yet another encouraging sign.

I give the Boneyard insiders a lot of crap but it seems very likely they hit the nail on the head with this.

6665491939590144_zpserigjvys.png

Reaction Score
Couldn't find much video with Gibbs handling the ball and it doesn't look like he was the PG at Hall. Is he considered a PG,SG or combo?

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Couldn't find much video with Gibbs handling the ball and it doesn't look like he was the PG at Hall. Is he considered a PG,SG or combo?
Definitely a scoring combo, not unlike Boatright

Reaction Score

He played plenty of PG at Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
http://zagsblog.com/articles/sterling-gibbs-to-visit-ohio-state-uconn-expects-to-decide-soon/

Zags talked with Sterling's dad, Temple. Here are some of the quotes:

On the UConn visit and other visits: “Yeah, we have a UConn visit next week.” Gibbs may take other visits, but nothing else is finalized. “I don’t want to say anything until we’re lined up definitely,” Temple said.

On timeline for decision: “I’m hoping [he decides] soon,” Temple said. “I can’t say a timetable, but I’m hoping soon.”

What they're looking for in new school: “We only have one year, it’s gotta be a great fit for him. We can’t make a mistake on this.”

Reaction Score
http://zagsblog.com/articles/sterling-gibbs-to-visit-ohio-state-uconn-expects-to-decide-soon/

Zags talked with Sterling's dad, Temple. Here are some of the quotes:

On the UConn visit and other visits: “Yeah, we have a UConn visit next week.” Gibbs may take other visits, but nothing else is finalized. “I don’t want to say anything until we’re lined up definitely,” Temple said.

On timeline for decision: “I’m hoping [he decides] soon,” Temple said. “I can’t say a timetable, but I’m hoping soon.”

What they're looking for in new school: “We only have one year, it’s gotta be a great fit for him. We can’t make a mistake on this.”

Dad not going to Pittsburgh sounds like good news. Not having other visits lined up after UConn sounds like good news. Wanting to decide soon sounds like good news.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Dad not going to Pittsburgh sounds like good news. Not having other visits lined up after UConn sounds like good news. Wanting to decide soon sounds like good news.

Yep all the above. So hopefully we will find out when the UConn visit is next week, and wait until then.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
So is it Gibbs or bust? Any else for next year?

DALTX

I don't have a hobby, I watch UConn
Reaction Score
Another day, another interesting "favorite" by Sterling. The VCU cult, Pit and NC State fans are inundating him with tweets the last couple days but he's only favored these pro-uconn tweets. In terms of all the other info, this is small but yet another encouraging sign.

I give the Boneyard insiders a lot of crap but it seems very likely they hit the nail on the head with this.

Looking forward to the next video, hopefully called "On The Road Again .... To Houston"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom