Gibbs' Drive and Taylor's Drive | The Boneyard

Gibbs' Drive and Taylor's Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
We won I'm happy. The fact they allowed Cleare to just hammer people around doesn't thrill me. He's a hack and they called nothing on him, over the back continuously.

But hey our guys didn't need a call. Nice win

I know but we haven't been getting the whistle fairly all season. It's noticeable.
And the 2-3 carry calls - cmon man.

Reaction Score
I posted this in another thread, but it's apropos here as well:

"Ollie doesn't earn it. Whether he finds it distasteful or just doesn't know how to do it, his disengagement from the officials materially hurts us on the court."

Reaction Score
The funny thing is that one of the commentators said that the plays "mirrored" each other. Except in one important way...

Reaction Score
I posted this in another thread, but it's apropos here as well:

"Ollie doesn't earn it. Whether he finds it distasteful or just doesn't know how to do it, his disengagement from the officials materially hurts us on the court."

Ollie was in championship vintage form tonight coaching his butt off. Don't know why he wasn't doing that in the Bahamas.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Same happened against Maryland. Not sure why when our guards get contact there's no whistle. KO needs to be in the officials ears early on.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
The officiating tonight was one sided with the carrying calls, which you can pick out of almost any possession every night. But the no technical I thought was a good move at least. It's good that we had to deal with adversity like that anyway and we kept our cool for the most part.

Reaction Score
Taylor pushed off on Rodney twice the second one going for a foul on Rodney before there their little scrap I'm also pretty sure UT got away with at least 2 goaltends.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I like the three carrying calls on us, including back to back possessions half way through the second half

none on them

I also believe they never set a moving pick, but we did

Reaction Score
I like the three carrying calls on us, including back to back possessions half way through the second half

none on them

I also believe they never set a moving pick, but we did

Agree on the moving picks, they had a couple that went unseen. I will say the 2 carry calls on Jalen were legit, especially the 2nd one he had a huge advantage with that dribble. The one on DHam was ridiculous, Taylor did it 10 times too!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
On Taylor's block on Adams, he basically rode Adams like a horse.

Guy had his arm on Adams for 10' and then laid all over him when the kid went up for a layup.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They blew a lot of obvious travels, including rolling on the floor. It seemed like they had a walk that wasn't called on every other possession for a while. It did feel like some home cookin' was going on. Didn't matter - the good guys won despite having to play 5 on 8.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
On Taylor's block on Adams, he basically rode Adams like a horse.

Guy had his arm on Adams for 10' and then laid all over him when the kid went up for a layup.

In Texas, if you don't ride 'em like a horse, you're put to death. It also pretty interesting that 4 or 5 times our guy was in great rebounding position and somehow the Texas brute behind snatched the ball without laying a finger on our guy. Quick hands and very long arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom