OT: Giants | Page 46 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Since Y.A Tittle’s bloody head days
So I have been with them for many down years. I just don’t get the pampering of ELi put before winning. He hasn’t been any good for 5 years and don’t be fooled my short completions in the stats

chief is both young and a giants fan from the ya tittle days.

that math works

C

Chief00

The issue with the Giants defense is simple. They cannot rush the passer. No secondary can cover for more than 4-5 seconds.

This year is a mess cap wise. Next yr should be much better. I truly hope they spend some money and draft capital on some pass rushers. I miss the Strahan/Tuck/Osi days. I'd also like to see them sure up the linebackers. Ogletree is overrated and overpaid.
The decision to keep Eli cost them in multiple ways. Cap space, couldn’t make the downfield throws Beckham wanted, put 8 men in a box against Barkley which may shorten his career.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did not say I was young - just not 63 years old

not that your nonsense deserves this level of scrutiny but ya tittle’s last year with the giants was 1964.

lets say someone became a big giants fan at 6 years old in 1964... just for argument’s sake....

the youngest person who can possibly remember ya tittle as a giant is 61.

whats the venn diagram of 61 year olds who were 6 year old giants fans and became patriots fans in 2019?

C

Chief00

not that your nonsense deserves this level of scrutiny but ya tittle’s last year with the giants was 1964.

lets say someone became a big giants fan at 6 years old in 1964... just for argument’s sake....

the youngest person who can possibly remember ya tittle as a giant is 61.

whats the venn diagram of 61 year olds who were 6 year old giants fans and became patriots fans in 2019?
I started watching Giants from literarily 2 -3 years old - family Sunday dinner - then Giants with my uncles and cousins. Never seen age 63.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I started watching Giants from literarily 2 -3 years old - family Sunday dinner - then Giants with my uncles and cousins. Never seen age 63.
I'm 63, used to go to Fairfield U in the summer to watch scrimmages and meet Fran Tarkington and the other Giants at ice cream shops around town (Friendly's I think but I was a little kid). #bleedblue not just for UConn!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

It's not my team, but I don't get all the clamoring for Jones. According to this thread, you've got a really bad offensive line, and you want to throw a rookie in to get tee'd off on? Just to get his clock cleaned some reps? Guy's already trying to learn the system, getting used to the speed of NFL guys, transitioning from freakin Duke etc etc....and you put him in front of a bulls eye.

Listened to a personnel guy talk about it a few years ago. Claimed a number of young QBs have been ruined by that strategy. They get shell shocked and never recover. Mentioned guys like David Carr iirc.

And ultimately, you're losing the way it is right now. That's what you want no?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's not my team, but I don't get all the clamoring for Jones. You've got a really bad offensive line, and you want to throw a rookie in to get tee'd off on? Just to get his clock cleaned some reps? Guy's already trying to learn the system, getting used to the speed of NFL guys, transitioning from freakin Duke etc etc....and you put him in front of a bulls eye.

Listened to a personnel guy talk about it a few years ago. Claimed a number of young QBs have been ruined by that strategy. They get shell shocked and never recover. Mentioned guys like David Carr iirc.

Despite what people in this thread will tell you, the offensive line isn't bad. They're certainly not great but they're average to above average at every spot now.

He's more than capable of holding his own right now. Is he going to lead them to the playoffs? No. Is he going to win them more games than Eli? No. Is he going to give them a better idea of whether they need to be looking for a new QB this off-season? Absolutely, and that's why he needs to be in there. With an average offensive line and Shepard, Tate, Engram, Barkley around him there's enough there to evaluate him

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Despite what people in this thread will tell you, the offensive line isn't bad. They're certainly not great but they're average to above average at every spot now.

He's more than capable of holding his own right now. Is he going to lead them to the playoffs? No. Is he going to win them more games than Eli? No. Is he going to give them a better idea of whether they need to be looking for a new QB this off-season? Absolutely, and that's why he needs to be in there. With an average offensive line and Shepard, Tate, Engram, Barkley around him there's enough there to evaluate him

In fairness, I have yet to watch them, and was going by opinions in this thread. I'll change the wording in my post to reflect that.

I only watched the Giants the last year to see Saquon. He's appointment TV.

RE rookie QBs in general, my preferred method is sitting their rookie year. Brees, Brady, Rodgers et al sat their rookie year, so it's not a knock on a QB.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In fairness, I have yet to watch them, and was going by the tenor of this thread. I'll change the wording in my post to reflect that.

I only watch the Giants the last year to see Saquon. He's appointment TV.
He's the only reason I still watch. Though in reality they forget he exists after the first 2 drives every week anyway so I might as well tune out

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's not my team, but I don't get all the clamoring for Jones. According to this thread, you've got a really bad offensive line, and you want to throw a rookie in to get tee'd off on? Just to get his clock cleaned some reps? Guy's already trying to learn the system, getting used to the speed of NFL guys, transitioning from freakin Duke etc etc....and you put him in front of a bulls eye.

the clamoring would be because they cant win with manning and there are 14 games left

Curiouser
Reaction Score
the clamoring would be because they cant win with manning and there are 14 games left
I disagree that they can't win with Manning or that we can expect better results from Jones this season, given how crappy our defense is and the state of our receivers. I would expect Jones or Manning to have the same chance of winning on any given Sunday with this team. The only reason I would want to start getting Jones in is to see what we have in terms of a future QB.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I disagree that they can't win with Manning or that we can expect better results from Jones this season, given how crappy our defense is and the state of our receivers. I would expect Jones or Manning to have the same chance of winning on any given Sunday with this team. The only reason I would want to start getting Jones in is to see what we have in terms of a future QB.

yeah i dont expect to win with jones but i know tbet are going to lose with eli.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
In fairness, I have yet to watch them, and was going by opinions in this thread. I'll change the wording in my post to reflect that.

I only watched the Giants the last year to see Saquon. He's appointment TV.

RE rookie QBs in general, my preferred method is sitting their rookie year. Brees, Brady, Rodgers et al sat their rookie year, so it's not a knock on a QB.
Revisionist history re: Brady. He was a 6th Round 3rd stringer in 2000 and behind a 28 year old 3x Pro Bowler. He would have never got on the field in 2001 if not for Mo Lewis.

Rodgers was tucked behind Brett Favre.

Manning is neither a 28 year old Drew Bledsoe, nor world-beater Brett Farve. I have no idea why Brees didn't play over Flutie other than Flutie was a moderately high priced free agent and Brees was a rookie.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
But you don't want to win this year.

well its a bit early to quit on the season. its not like they are going to win with jones either but someday they might

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Revisionist history re: Brady. He was a 6th Round 3rd stringer in 2000 and behind a 28 year old 3x Pro Bowler. He would have never got on the field in 2001 if not for Mo Lewis.

Rodgers was tucked behind Brett Favre.

Manning is neither a 28 year old Drew Bledsoe, nor world-beater Brett Farve. I have no idea why Brees didn't play over Flutie other than Flutie was a moderately high priced free agent and Brees was a rookie.

It's not necessarily 'why', it's just the what is. They sat their first year(s), and have had Top 5 HOF careers. And they were just three I threw out from memory. I just think it benefits a young guy to sit and learn.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
well its a bit early to quit on the season. its not like they are going to win with jones either but someday they might

Fair enough. Seems some Giants fans are divided on this.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's not necessarily 'why', it's just the what is. They sat their first year(s), and have had Top 5 HOF careers. And they were just three I threw out from memory. I just think it benefits a young guy to sit and learn.
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but in both Brady's and Rodgers' case, the Why matters.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
OBJ torching a secondary, but at least THE CULTURE IS GOOD NOW

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member