OT: Giants | Page 45 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
hes good when he plays - which isnt all that often. and there are 3 units worse than the defensive line.

and hes useless for what they should be trying to do.
Last 3 years missed 3 total games. And besides the DB’s whats worse than our pass rush?

Reaction Score
Shurmer is a nightmare, he's Diaco level bad. It's insane that Eli's been the QB the past couple years, it's now criminal he's still playing when they brought in Jones.
Whats the harm in just having him start the 2nd half of the year? If Eli's definitely the worse QB, it will help our draft for 2020 and you still get Jones 8 games of experience. We are not making the playoffs anyway this year, might as well tank the 1st half and let Jones get 8 games in for the second half when Tate and Shepard are hopefully both healthy.
Do you really want Jones throwing to Latimer and the other Shepard and this T. Jones guy? What will he learn from that - that they suck as WR's?

Reaction Score
Whats the harm in just having him start the 2nd half of the year? If Eli's definitely the worse QB, it will help our draft for 2020 and you still get Jones 8 games of experience. We are not making the playoffs anyway this year, might as well tank the 1st half and let Jones get 8 games in for the second half when Tate and Shepard are hopefully both healthy.
Do you really want Jones throwing to Latimer and the other Shepard and this T. Jones guy? What will he learn from that - that they suck as WR's?
I don't want Tate on the team, Giants have crazily been in non-tank mode the past several years while tanking. They are going to suck regardless, give the kid as much game experience as possible. I'm certainly not worried about them winning too much.

Reaction Score
I don't want Tate on the team, Giants have crazily been in non-tank mode the past several years while tanking. They are going to suck regardless, give the kid as much game experience as possible. I'm certainly not worried about them winning too much.
Well he's on the team for at least another 2 years.
We aren't losing these games because of Eli, I'd prefer we just wait until our WR core is intact and Jones has a full unit to work.
I can imagine those who want Jones in are going to go ape@*$($ if he has a couple of lackluster games due in part because he's throwing to 3 scrubs.

Reaction Score
Well he's on the team for at least another 2 years.
We aren't losing these games because of Eli, I'd prefer we just wait until our WR core is intact and Jones has a full unit to work.
I can imagine those who want Jones in are going to go ape@*$($ if he has a couple of lackluster games due in part because he's throwing to 3 scrubs.
Well, Eli was really bad today. He was okay against the Cowboys. 5 yards/attempt is terrible.

Reaction Score
I didn't see the game, only listened to about half of it on the radio and one thing Papa and Banks constantly talked about was the fact that the Giants WR could get no separation on most plays.
I'm sure Eli wasn't that great, but again. Even if you want Jones to play, why would you want him playing with a bunch of stiffs at the WR position.
If Jones is better than Eli right now, let Eli rack up the L's with the crap receivers and we'll see what happens around week 5. If we are 0-4, maybe they send in the kid to work with Tate and hopefully a healthy Shepard.
I'd prefer when Jones finally gets into games that he has a decent group to work with. I would think that would help his development more.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I have a simple observation, let’s start with the fact that our D line consists of three DTs. three big guys that are run stuffers, not QB pressure guys. That was gettlemans design and it’s off to a miserable start.

Other quick thought; I figured Eli would get 6 to 8 games. However - it’s already apparent there is no point to giving him a single additional snap. He can’t extend plays, he can’t make certain throws, he can’t execute the easy stuff with the consistency to offset the short comings. We have already seen in two games there is no chance to win with him on the field. I can already seen Barkley taking plays off to preserve his career and we are only two games into the season.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

I finally gave up on the Giants after many decades. How can I cheer for a team that’s been more concerned about hurting Eli’s feelings than winning football games?
The one time they benched him, he was not a team player. He pouted like a spoiled brat. Then they rewarded him with a huge unearned contract.
Signing AB was a deciding factor to becoming a Patriots fan. Belichick is just focused on winning, he doesn’t care about the other BS.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game, only listened to about half of it on the radio and one thing Papa and Banks constantly talked about was the fact that the Giants WR could get no separation

I watched 2/3rds of the game. I didn’t think WR separation was the issue at all. Not even a scintilla. The problem starts with the OL - it stinks and then that leads to an Eli that doesn’t have the precision necessary for the game today. Plus, the whole attitude of the team is stale as hell and that unfortunately starts with Eli- he’s not bringing the energy or mojo. The Giants playbook is so stale at times and that has a good dealto do with he limited abilities of Manning.

Reaction Score
I finally gave up on the Giants after many decades. How can I cheer for a team that’s been more concerned about hurting Eli’s feelings than winning football games?
The one time they benched him, he was not a team player. He pouted like a spoiled brat. Then they rewarded him with a huge unearned contract.
Signing AB was a deciding factor to becoming a Patriots fan. Belichick is just focused on winning, he doesn’t care about the other BS.
You were never a Giants fan if this statement is true.

Reaction Score
Eli has always been somewhat overrated IMO and they should have gone in another direction years ago. The Giants are now a complete mess from top to bottom but how does one just switch to a Patriots fan?

I didn't expect you to be a bandwagon pink hat. Also, choosing to hop on the bandwagon because Belichick is playing an accused rapist is just weird.

Reaction Score
Actually if he was a spoiled brat, he would have said something like you only play me half the game I won't bother showing up. Or I'll go to the media and go off on the staff, etc. He told them instead of doing the half game just to keep his streak intact, they should play the kid the whole game.

Then they played Geno Smith!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Eli has always been somewhat overrated IMO and they should have gone in another direction years ago. The Giants are now a complete mess from top to bottom but how does one just switch to a Patriots fan?

I didn't expect you to be a bandwagon pink hat. Also, choosing to hop on the bandwagon because Belichick is playing an accused rapist is just weird.

he went to a preseason game. fell in love at age 63. the heart will go on and on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In the "Not to early to look ahead to the 2020 NFL draft" category, here are the top 3 defensive DE/LBs in the most recent SI mock draft

DE Chase Young (Ohio State) - projected 2nd
DE A.J. Epenesa (Iowa) - projected 7th
LB Isaiah Simmons (Clemson) - projected 13th

Can we please get one of these types...I would honestly go 4 defensive players in the top 5 rounds. Defensive infusion of talent needed ASAP on the edges and at LB.

Reaction Score
I honestly can't see them winning a game this year.

They'll surprise someone, just to raise some fans hopes on,y to crush them the following weekend. Now, the Dolphins have no chance winning a game this season.

C

Chief00

You were never a Giants fan if this statement is true.
Since Y.A Tittle’s bloody head days
So I have been with them for many down years. I just don’t get the pampering of ELi put before winning. He hasn’t been any good for 5 years and don’t be fooled my short completions in the stats

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The issue with the Giants defense is simple. They cannot rush the passer. No secondary can cover for more than 4-5 seconds.

This year is a mess cap wise. Next yr should be much better. I truly hope they spend some money and draft capital on some pass rushers. I miss the Strahan/Tuck/Osi days. I'd also like to see them sure up the linebackers. Ogletree is overrated and overpaid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom