Gianna “Gigi” Bryant highlight video | The Boneyard

Gianna “Gigi” Bryant highlight video

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wow! I had seen a recent video of Gigi working out with her dad, but I must say, in this video she seems to have taken a huge developmental leap. Can we sign her up now?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hate to contradict you Nan, but we knew she could play some time ago.

Kobe Bryant Is Still Winning CHAMPIONSHIPS! Coaches Daughter GIGI To Big Wins With TRIANGLE OFFENSE!

And at last check she was "hellbent" to become a Husky.

“My daughter loves Gabby Williams, absolutely loves Gabby, loves [all of them],” Bryant told The Courant in April, referring to Williams who has since graduated. “She watches their interviews, watches how they play and learns — not just in wins, but in tough losses, how they conduct themselves. It’s great, as a parent, to be able to see my daughter pull inspiration from them.”

https://www.courant.com/sports/ucon...ellbent-on-going-to-uconn-20181026-story.html

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I could see a transition plan where Kobe Bryant takes over the HC job of UConn (maybe half way through the college career after signing Gigi with a 1-2 year buffer so everyone knows the transition is coming). UConn would never have to worry about attracting any top level talent after that. Kobe has a strong analytical mind about the game and his working with his daughter has no doubt strengthened his views and knowledge of WBB. That should give Kobe enough time to live out his post NBA interests and then take on the huge responsibility of maintaining and elevating? the greatest program in WCBB existence, A program we know he admires.

Just a thought.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We should not be surprised. The leaf seldom falls far from the tree. How can she not take on his persona? How can she not have that "Mamba" mentality? Everything she's learned about basketball, she's learned from him, and you know he's going to teach her the right way. She's going to be a nice get for some program after high school. I wonder if she'll still like UConn enough to commit her senior year in HS? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We should not be at all surprised. The leaf seldom falls far from the tree. How can she not take on his persona? Everything she's learned about basketball, she's learned from him, and you know he's going to teach her the right way. She's going to be a nice get for some program after high school. I wonder if she'll still like UConn enough to commit her senior year in HS?
I say no - she will commit to UCONN in her junior year of high school!! :p

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I’ve seen Gigi called “Mambacita”, too :)

The way I read the article, the whole team is referred to as mambecitas. One of Kobe's Instragram posts refers to Gigi as "the mambacita #2", with 2 being her jersey number. The other talks of the whole team and has the tag "#mambecitas".

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Call me crazy but I could see a transition plan where Kobe Bryant takes over the HC job of UConn (maybe half way through the college career after signing Gigi with a 1-2 year buffer so everyone knows the transition is coming). UConn would never have to worry about attracting any top level talent after that. Kobe has a strong analytical mind about the game and his working with his daughter has no doubt strengthened his views and knowledge of WBB. That should give Kobe enough time to live out his post NBA interests and then take on the huge responsibility of maintaining and elevating? the greatest program in WCBB existence, A program we know he admires.

Just a thought.
Well he is a Philly boy, who lived in Italy for part of his life. Hmmmm something sounds familiar.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Kobi insists he has no interest in GM or coaching at the pro level. However, coaching at this level or maybe the high school or college level?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well he is a Philly boy, who lived in Italy for part of his life. Hmmmm something sounds familiar.

Did not know that. Interesting. I was expecting some commentary on the merits / weaknesses of the idea but ...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I look at Gigi's sneaker size and think she has 2-4 " more in height?? Guard. Maybe a spurt to small forward.
Long arms, big feet. She's got a bit more growing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom