Getting outplayed by a bad team is bad enough, but getting outhustled? | The Boneyard

Getting outplayed by a bad team is bad enough, but getting outhustled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
St. John's is horrid. They are not good.

The lack of effort is distressing. Time for Coach Ollie to get his first Technical.

Reaction Score
their center leads the nation in blocks. They are not a horrible team ....

zls44

Reaction Score
their center leads the nation in blocks. They are not a horrible team ....

Obekpa is great. You are correct.

The rest of the team? Eh...

Reaction Score
Look this should have been a win no doubt. Bazz and Boat are much better than Harrison and who ever.

The problem is inconsistency, And maybe Boat just isn't as good as I thought he was.

Nothing from DD

Nothing from TO

Half a game from Bazz and we were in it to the end.

Reaction Score
Look this should have been a win no doubt. Bazz and Boat are much better than Harrison and who ever.

The problem is inconsistency, And maybe Boat just isn't as good as I thought he was.

Nothing from DD

Nothing from TO

Daniels and Calhoun were literally our only scorers in the first half.

Olander is just awful this year.

Reaction Score
This really has to be the first game all year in which we were outhustled. Not a good sign.

Reaction Score
We got outhustled, then they got outhustled, then we got outwhistled.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Obekpa is great. You are correct.

The rest of the team? Eh...

He's great at blocking shots. He's almost competent as a rebounder.

He's duck*ing off the map awful at everything else.

zls44

Reaction Score
He's great at blocking shots. He's almost competent as a rebounder.

He's duck*ing off the map awful at everything else.

I'm sure it isn't coaching, as Steve Lavin is the greatest coach who ever lived.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm sure it isn't coaching, as Steve Lavin is the greatest coach who ever lived.

I'd love to have him, but being realistic, the kid plays basketball like he just discovered the game Sunday. He makes Hasheem Thabeet look like Jerry West in terms of basketball IQ.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why is every team we play the worst team ever with Z? St. Johns is a team. They got some players that can play. S*** happens. Just ask Kansas.

Reaction Score
I'd love to have him, but being realistic, the kid plays basketball like he just discovered the game Sunday. He makes Hasheem Thabeet look like Jerry West in terms of basketball IQ.
I don't know, I'm not sure people truly remember how bad Hasheem's freshman year was.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
How many of St. John's players were we after? If we had them, would they be just as "awful"?

Reaction Score

Nothing from DD

Nothing from TO

No, the problem is that RB isn't as good as he thinks he is... nice steal, go in for your casual MSG dunk on national tv... oops, blocked. Maybe he's hurt, maybe he's coming off a flu, but whatever it is, it is evident that he's getting very one-dimension. SB, even the announcers mentioned him pouting tonight, and how he basically did nothing for 25 minutes. I get that he might be tired, but guess what... his season ends soon. He doesn't need to play more than a few more weeks. Brendan Allen would have been in tonight if I was KO.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Makes me want to drink!!!.......

drunk-man-in-urinal.jpeg

MORE!!!!!!!!

zls44

Reaction Score
Why is every team we play the worst team ever with Z? St. Johns is a team. They got some players that can play. S*** happens. Just ask Kansas.

Not every team. But PC and St Johns are really bad. That's not exactly an illogical claim.

Every possession against St. John's should be two on five. Obekpa, Harrison and a whole lot of crap.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
St Johns -going to the NCAA tournament. Not awful at all. 55 RPI.

Awful-SMU, Tulane, Houston --AVERAGE 170 RPI.They make DePaul look good. Stop whining. Next year we will see some real suckage.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
St. John's isn't going to the NCAA tourney.

Not with their current resume anyway.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Not every team. But PC and St Johns are really bad. That's not exactly an illogical claim.

Every possession against St. John's should be two on five. Obekpa, Harrison and a whole lot of crap.
crap.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm amazed that uconn fans are calling SJU bad, when the truth is that uconn should have lost by a monstrous margin considering that SJU had their second string backcourt playing almost the entire game. I thought uconn should have lost by 30 if Lavin didn't bench Harrison for most of the game. In fact, SJU was killing uconn for most of the game until Lavin put in the zero offense lineup and it got close. Regardless, still amazed uconn fans calling out SJU in this one. I thought uconn was the worst big east team SJU had played all year and we played DePaul twice.

zls44

Reaction Score
I'm amazed that uconn fans are calling SJU bad, when the truth is that uconn should have lost by a monstrous margin considering that SJU had their second string backcourt playing almost the entire game. I thought uconn should have lost by 30 if Lavin didn't bench Harrison for most of the game. In fact, SJU was killing uconn for most of the game until Lavin put in the zero offense lineup and it got close. Regardless, still amazed uconn fans calling out SJU in this one. I thought uconn was the worst big east team SJU had played all year and we played DePaul twice.

You're right, UConn not playing their best player for the first eight minutes had no outcome in a six point game.

I'm calling StJ bad because I have watched five of their games, and they have all been total stinkers. They are incompetent offensively. Even when Obekpa is blocking everything, they are usually incapable of capitalizing. All with a great recruiter who cannot coach his way out of a paper bag leading the way.

Putting in a zero-offense lineup...heck, HAVING a zero-offense lineup...is a large reason why St. John's remains a totally irrelevant program. Nationally, and in NYC.

You don't matter. You've never mattered outside of six minutes in 1985 and 1999. And you never will again. Losing to you has always, and will always be, a tremendously embarrassing result for this program.

Reaction Score

Nothing from DD

Nothing from TO

No question Boat is struggling the past few games. Needs to get back to that intense player with a ridiculous passion to win. His defense all season long hasn't been very good; but these past few games it has been AWFUL.

Not fair to say nothing from DD. DD and Omar were our team in the first half. Had 6 solid boards in the first half as well as 7 points. I'd take that half any day from DD. He didn't play too much in the second half because KO was liking the way Giff was playing.

TO... stumped. Came out with energy and a couple of tough boards, and then disappeared.

Omar was great. Inconsistent. But no one on the team has been consistent. At least he took open, make-able, good shots. Some just weren't falling. But that up-fake, blow by into a pull up jumper got me excited. That was a great play.

Reaction Score
I was shocked as well to read all the people that think St Johns is so bad. I was just watching inside college basketball on the CBS Sports Network and Jon Rothstein said he believes STJ is the 3rd most talented team in the Big East. Steve Lavin gets a bad reputation for some reason but the guy can recruit. It also seems like they won more games the last 2 and a half yrs under Lavin then they did during the entire Norm Roberts era.

Reaction Score
You're right, UConn not playing their best player for the first eight minutes had no outcome in a six point game.

I'm calling StJ bad because I have watched five of their games, and they have all been total stinkers. They are incompetent offensively. Even when Obekpa is blocking everything, they are usually incapable of capitalizing. All with a great recruiter who cannot coach his way out of a paper bag leading the way.

Putting in a zero-offense lineup...heck, HAVING a zero-offense lineup...is a large reason why St. John's remains a totally irrelevant program. Nationally, and in NYC.

You don't matter. You've never mattered outside of six minutes in 1985 and 1999. And you never will again. Losing to you has always, and will always be, a tremendously embarrassing result for this program.

Regardless, uconn should have lost by 30 tonight. Our Pg Branch was out with MCL sprain and Lavin pulled Harrison and SJU was still destroying uconn. He put Harrison back in for about 3 minutes and Harrison still killed uconn at the end. SJU doesn't even have a junior or senior on this roster except for one JC transfer. Uconn got beat by the 3rd through 8th man, all of whom were freshmen and sophs. I'd say it's promising.

You can call SJU irrelevant, but there were about 100 uconn fans there tonight. Uconn fans used to pack the place. It was all SJU fans and one section in the corner of uconn fans. I personally was disappointed with the turnout from Uconn both fan-wise and team. Im more disappointed that the loser of this game is calling the winner "awful".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom