Georgia vs Texas A&M | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgia vs Texas A&M

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Carter taking all the shots now. Georgia is up 87-79 led by Gabby Connally (this is the correct spelling of her name) with 31points

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Carter is a chucker and has been missing them all. Danni Williams gets a rebound and makes a shot to stop the bleeding. GA up 87-82 with 1:08 left

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Carter puts up an air ball which is rebounded by Connally. TAMU has to foul but Connally is perfect from the free throw line

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Georgia is going to win. It’s 91-82 Georgia and Carter continues to put up wild shots and air balls.

Gary Blair needs to pull the kid. She’s hurting her team

Reaction Score
Carter needs to put on the breaks a little (or a lot), she isn't the only player on the team..... Teamwork and sharing can go a long way....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Carter with 31 points :D on 9 for 28 shooting :confused:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Georgia is going to win. It’s 91-82 Georgia and Carter continues to put up wild shots and air balls.

Gary Blair needs to pull the kid. She’s hurting her team

Carter in SEC play is taking 25.8 shots per game and making just 35.6% of them. She's also shooting just 27.6% from long range and has a negative A/TO ratio. Not a good sign at all after a spectacular start to the year.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Carter in SEC play is taking 25.8 shots per game and making just 35.6% of them. She's also shooting just 27.6% from long range and has a negative A/TO ratio. Not a good sign at all after a spectacular start to the year.
Have to wonder what Gary Blair is thinking. Carter is obviously enormously talented, and A&M has ridden her offense this season, but in the long run, unless he reigns her in, it will hurt the team and limit Carter’s development as a player IMO.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
:confused:

Honestly, that’s Blair’s fault. He needs to teach her some discipline

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tuned in to watch Carter but ended up watching and rooting for UGA. Really like how UGA plays. Hope they have a good season and recruiting.

That is exactly my reaction. I started out rooting for TAMU but then I changed teams. At an emotional level, I did not want TAMU to win while Carter plays like that since it would reinforce every bad habit. Maybe now Blair can give her some tough love.

Reaction Score
Great upset by Georgia. They are a team with a great history, but have been down for awhile. I haven't seen Carter much, but I don't like what I read. She sounds out of control. Why would Gary Blair let her play that way? He must not have much faith in his other players.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Great upset by Georgia. They are a team with a great history, but have been down for awhile. I haven't seen Carter much, but I don't like what I read. She sounds out of control. Why would Gary Blair let her play that way? He must not have much faith in his other players.
The head coach, Joni Taylor, took over in 2015. I was impressed with how well-coached her team appeared to be. If she gets an elite player or two, she could do some damage in the tourney.

TAMU has some fine players including Khaalia Hillsman, who was effectively shut down by Georgia’s Robison today, and Danni Williams. Williams, especially, should have gotten the ball more but for some reason Blair just let Carter shoot at will.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Carter is a chucker yet I keep hearing from the TV folks that she's what the game needs. Apparently more people will pay to watch chuckers.

BTW, I think with some discipline she could be very good for the game. She's obviously skilled and has a certain charisma about her game. She just needs someone to teach her the right way to play the game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Carter is a chucker yet I keep hearing from the TV folks that she's what the game needs. Apparently more people will pay to watch checkers.

BTW, I think with some discipline she could be very good for the game. She's obviously skilled and has a certain charisma about her game. She just needs someone to teach her the right way to play the game.
She reminds me of Shonni Schimmel.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She reminds me of Shonni Schimmel.

True. Carter is much stronger taking the ball to the basket but like Shoni's she's ready to shoot after crossing the mid-court line.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
K. Plum played like that her freshman season but after two years of that, one of her teammates got on her and told her she needed to trust the rest of the team and when she did well, we all know what happened her last two years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom