Georgia State Post Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Georgia State Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It really depends on too much info that we won't be privy to. If the team was basically in revolt because of the QB competition and we get rid of Charlton and play Roberson then it could definitely be a net positive. In any other scenario no it's probably not the best idea

There was definitely something odd about starting Fagnano.

In Charlton’s head he probably thought it was the right call, But this just shows how hopelessly out of touch he is.

Reaction Score

In Charlton’s head he probably thought it was the right call, But this just shows how hopelessly out of touch he is.
Yeah there has to be more to it. I was willing to trust the staff but now I just feel like an idiot

Reaction Score
Yeah there has to be more to it. I was willing to trust the staff but now I just feel like an idiot

I was critical last season. But stood up for him in preseason. I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Not anymore.

Reaction Score

I said all along Roberson must be hurt/not fully recovered. Once I found out Roberson is fine I lost a whole lot of faith in Mora. Last year was fun and thinking about Mora turning us around was fun but there's certainly some warning sign and the sheen is already gone.

Reaction Score
I was critical last season. But stood up for him in preseason. I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Not anymore.
I figured that even if he couldn't call a game he'd still put the best players in the best position to win. Instead we clearly started an inferior QB, are forcing balls to an FCS WR, and aren't giving our best RB enough touches

Reaction Score
I figured that even if he couldn't call a game he'd still put the best players in the best position to win. Instead we clearly started an inferior QB, are forcing balls to an FCS WR, and aren't giving our best RB enough touches

Needlessly calls trick plays that surprise nobody.

Reactions: DCT
Reaction Score
Your loyalty knows no bounds. With friends like you, UConn Football needs no enemies. Probably best to change that user name, or just do the right thing and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.
I’ve been a UConn football fan for a decade now. I have legitimately not seen a single winning season. It’s not a fan problem it’s a program problem. You can hate me all you want but the people on this board are the most committed fans this program has. You think the rest of the fan base is putting up with this? Absolutely not. We’ll be lucky to get 12k fans in seats for FIU. This program continues to tailspin and pretending it isn’t serves nobody. It doesn’t mean I’m a bad fan it means that there’s a serious issue that continues to not be addressed. plenty of other G5 programs recruit well, win, and succeed. And somehow after a decade we still haven’t figured out how to do that. It’s infuriating.

Reaction Score

Not anymore.
I still think Mora is a great coach for us, but AD Dave knows what needs to happen. He got us Lashlee, he almost got us Jerry Kill and he talked to Joe Moorhead. He knows real offense and knows who can deliver it. I think these guys will find a solution long term and I suspect, they’ll bring in an advisor/consultant very shortly to help with this season. Dave has not been one to sit on his hands.

Reaction Score
I still think Mora is a great coach for us, but AD Dave knows what needs to happen. He got us Lashlee, he almost got us Jerry Kill and he talked to Joe Moorhead. He knows real offense and knows who can deliver it. I think these guys will find a solution long term and I suspect, they’ll bring in an advisor/consultant very shortly to help with this season. Dave has not been one to sit on his hands.

I’m talking about Charlton not Mora. Charlton isn’t going to cut it.

Reaction Score
I’m talking about Charlton not Mora. Charlton isn’t going to cut it.
Poor writing on my part. I knew what you meant. I’m saying, I like Mora and respect him but I think Dave will talk with him about the offense and suggest we find an alternative to Charlton. My point was, Dave will tell Jim what he sees and recommend finding some help.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Charlton is on very thin ice. His decision to start Fagnano over Roberson may have cost us. What are Joe Moorehead or Rhett Lashlee doing nowadays? UConn should keep Charlton, but not as OC. He is valuable to UConn in other ways.
What other ways? Unless his dads a major donor to the program, I don’t see it

Reaction Score
Ok then explain to me the realistic best case 1 and 5 year scenarios for us at this point. Because I’m struggling to see anything better than a 4 win season and anyone wanting this program in their conference.
I totally understand your concerns, but we’re only 2 games into the season. The near-term goal is to win football games. The long-term goal is to turn around the program before we run out of money. Both are very attainable goals. Let’s revisit after a few more games, but I don’t think last night was the death of the program.

Reaction Score
Keep it East of the Gulf Stream and it'll be less dangerous....at least that's what I recall from my science classes. Colder water won't feed the eye as the Gulf Stream would. Or is science different today?

Reaction Score
All this talk about starting an FCS quarterback and that is what you get with someone from that level reminds me that Georgia State also started an FCS quarterback who's FCS career was about equal to Fagnano in impressiveness and they had no problem with that.

Reaction Score
Don’t install a new offense. Call the right plays. Don’t call a run on 3rd and 17.

Don’t start a bad QB from a 2-9 Maine team.
But they might have been 1-10 without him........

Reaction Score
I know you can give some “but, but, buts”, here so just saying, both Charlton and Fagnano came from an FCS program, that was blown out yesterday by another FCS program (North Dakota State) 44-7.
NDST is a great program. They would destroy UConn

Reaction Score
I don’t think I’m overreacting when I say that game was probably the death of our program.

You can’t hype up a season like this and then perform this badly after being passed up again by the P5. There’s not a single way out for our program. No G5 wants this garbage team and we wouldn’t even go anyway because it would degrade basketball too much. I’m calling it now that we go 3-9, Mora leaves, and the program is disbanded within the next 3 years.

I’m beyond furious with this university for their decade of devaluing and utterly destroying this program. Leaving the AAC and giving up on football may be a top 10 worst college sports decision of all time. Look what happened to Cinci, Houston, UCF, SMU. If half that conference can make it - we certainly could have. But the school gave up and that is beyond abundantly clear right now.
You're overreacting, and you're out of your mind! It was a bad game but Mora will work hard to correct it. We had bad hires and we paid a heavy price for those past decisions but we will work through it. This program is not destroyed and devalued, many important people are fighting like crazy to rise this program to greater heights but that may take time, growing pains. I hope to see it! You know nothing about behind the scenes and conference alignment choices. Some day I hope to see it, power conference, and watch out when it happens, we will rise even further and be a force. So, I hope the day will be brighter and I hope its in the near future.

Reaction Score
Between penalties and negative yardage plays we put ourselves in 3rd and 14-17 at least 4 or 5 times. I cant remember so many 3rd and 10+ situations in a game.

Reaction Score
In hind sight agree Carter et. al. leaving was an indictment of OC.
UConn returned 3 running backs from last year that combined for 1,299 yards, 14 TDs and 5.3 YPC. Mora has kind of said that he believes in RB by committee so we weren't going to see a workhorse RB. That, plus NIL money are probably why Carter left. Aaron Turner was a loss, but Ross was coming back and he probably would have taken some opportunities away. Marion just seemed like he just wanted to move on.

Reaction Score
You’re overreacting.
I agree you are totally overreacting…from someone know as Mora4Prez too.

I like the positive perspective Shizzle took after the Boneyard meltdown last night…

I am going to remain positive going forward as bad as that game was last night. I have full confidence in Mora turning this around….he has done it before and he will do it again….we will start that turnaround beginning next week.

We have Roberson as our QB going forward which is what most fans want….I will believe the coaching staff that Roberson had a hand issue which was the reason they didn’t feel they could go with him….so the went with Fagnano and it obviously didn’t work it out….so now we have our guy

Roberson gives us a duel threat now and can stretch the field with his arm….think the team will rally around him as the starter and we will see a better looking Husky team and a much different game plan.

Think the running game will open up as well given the change of QB.

We are back at home for 3 games….we need fans to not abandon the team after that game…let’s regroup and get out for FIU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom