Georgia no longer undefeated, | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgia no longer undefeated,

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Please believe me, UConn is not in this crappy conference by choice. One invitation from a power conference and it's adios to the AAC. Wouldn't it be fun if UConn joined the SEC?
Um, you do realize Nan that no SEC team then in that conference has sniffed the FF since UTenn won it's last championship, right? Meanwhile, the old BEast teams averaged 2 teams a year with their 10 appearances, with 7 of the trips coming from teams still in the AAC. I know the SEC needs some champion to save it from its its mire of mid-level mediocrity now that recent import Texas A&M is getting sucked down too. Sure, puff up your record with a lot of home games against little southern schools who give no support to their WCBB teams, and then pretend you're conference giants. Eventually, you get exposed in that tourney in March.

I would be careful what you wish for for UConn as it might get as terminally SEC as those southern teams. If not the AAC, just bring back the old Yankee conference and watch UConn pull Maine and Vermont back toward some of their former glories.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Great win for Rutgers, and I was pleased to see Laney have some really good numbers - 18 points on 7-10 shooting. RU shot a blistering 45% from the floor and had 18 assists on 24 made baskets. Those are not stats usually associated with RU. I wonder if Stringer is changing things up there? Where are our resident RU experts??!!

Eric to answer your question: CVS has made a few changes this year. First, she has said she has emphasized offense much more than defense thus far in practice. Second, the schedule has been a lot easier, particularly when compared to previous RU standards. CVS says she made that change because she has a young team (no seniors) and wanted to build their confidence while improving their level of play. Thus far, it seems to have worked.

This is an RU team of athletes, and while CVS has talked about it for a while, they actually look to run after almost every missed opportunity. There are also more scorers on this team than on any in recent memory. Currently, 4 players average in double figures, and Canty has had a number of double digit games as well. Both Copper and Hollivay have made big improvements from their freshman to sophomore years, and Scaife is the real deal. The big weakness is the lack of any major 3-point shooter (Canty leads the team with 9), so they focus on lay-ups and mid range jumpers, and currently shoot 45% from the floor for the season.

What has also very much helped is that point guard situation is finally solidified. The past few years CVS never really decided on a point guard and you had people playing out of position at the 1. This year, with Richardson transferred and a full year at the point behind her, the position is firmly with Davis, who has done a tremendous job directing the offense (4.1 apg, 2/1 a/to ratio).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Um, you do realize Nan that no SEC team then in that conference has sniffed the FF since UTenn won it's last championship, right? Meanwhile, the old BEast teams averaged 2 teams a year with their 10 appearances, with 7 of the trips coming from teams still in the AAC. I know the SEC needs some champion to save it from its its mire of mid-level mediocrity now that recent import Texas A&M is getting sucked down too. Sure, puff up your record with a lot of home games against little southern schools who give no support to their WCBB teams, and then pretend you're conference giants. Eventually, you get exposed in that tourney in March.

I would be careful what you wish for for UConn as it might get as terminally SEC as those southern teams. If not the AAC, just bring back the old Yankee conference and watch UConn pull Maine and Vermont back toward some of their former glories.
Rutgers is going to the Big Tenleven next year, ND is in the ACC and Louisville will join them there next year. Who will UConn play in the AAC? Cincinnati, USF, Temple, Memphis, Houston, Central Florida, SMU, and Tulane. The SEC looks awesome compared tothe AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom