OT: - Georgetown's Plan to Increase Student Attendance | The Boneyard

OT: Georgetown's Plan to Increase Student Attendance

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Isn't it close to $100K a year to attend Georgetown between tuition, room & board, books, etc.?

Then have to be subjected to Mississippi Valley State, Maryland Eastern Shore and NJIT in order to save $25? Lol.

Reaction Score
I would make fun of them, but my time in Storrs was Fall of 2014 - Spring 2018. I was a student during the worst stretch of UConn basketball since pre-Calhoun. Students were barely showing up, and the only fix was winning when Hurley got the job.

Georgetown being an embarrassment is bad for the Big East. As much as I dislike Cooley, we need him to be successful and bring Georgetown back into the national picture. If we want the Big East to remain on FOX for the next TV deal, the big brand name schools need to get their act together (I'm talking about you, Kyle Neptune)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Isn't it close to $100K a year to attend Georgetown between tuition, room & board, books, etc.?

Then have to be subjected to Mississippi Valley State, Maryland Eastern Shore and NJIT in order to save $25? Lol.
Looks like they mirrored the UConn OOC Gampel schedule and Gampel season ticket holders pay a lot more than Gtown students.

Reaction Score
When’s the dollar beer night going to be
I have heard that they dont even do dollar beer night at UConn anymore. Plan to confirm with interns this coming winter

EDIT: I feel like you may be referring to dollar beer night at Gample and misunderstood

Reaction Score
I would make fun of them, but my time in Storrs was Fall of 2014 - Spring 2018. I was a student during the worst stretch of UConn basketball since pre-Calhoun. Students were barely showing up, and the only fix was winning when Hurley got the job.

Georgetown being an embarrassment is bad for the Big East. As much as I dislike Cooley, we need him to be successful and bring Georgetown back into the national picture. If we want the Big East to remain on FOX for the next TV deal, the big brand name schools need to get their act together (I'm talking about you, Kyle Neptune)
Georgetown and their lowlife coach can go pound sand. Hope they lose every game

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Win and the students will show up.

Keep losing like it's your job and it won't matter if the tickets were free.

No student anywhere is going to spend their time trying to save $25 with a bad product.

Reaction Score

No student anywhere is going to spend their time trying to save $25 with a bad product.
I think it's really that simple.

Reaction Score
It's a gamble. Go to a lot of bad games on the off chance that the team is good and you get to go to better games for free. Worth it? Maybe.

Reaction Score
All bias aside I think this is a solid idea, but like others are saying it really won't matter unless they start winning some games.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Kinda out of touch for Georgetown, no? Or you haven't been to DC bars in 25 years? That is two PBR's.

Reaction Score

Agree, but students always find a way. Betting they “attend” the 7 non-conference games, do an immediate U-turn and exit each of those games. Save $75.
They then attend the full home slate of BE games for just $25.

Reaction Score

Neptune has the horses, will get it done this year.

Reaction Score
I guess “be a good basketball team” is too complex

Reaction Score
Students are really sweating a good weekend with the boys versus getting smoked by the Huskies again at home…

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It is.

Unfortunately, when you put a committee together to try to come up with ideas to increase attendance, no one ever thinks to tell the basketball team to stop sucking.
There's a strong likelyhood that the committee believes putting together a winning team is a bit out of reach.

I think they would have been better served with a Savannah Bananas type gimmick.

Reaction Score
Agree, but students always find a way. Betting they “attend” the 7 non-conference games, do an immediate U-turn and exit each of those games. Save $75.
They then attend the full home slate of BE games for just $25.

Well, the goal is to boost the attendance stats.

Reaction Score
GTown. Still hate them. Goes back quite a while. So happy to be in BE and really not like a team we play.

Reaction Score

Tuition is $64,896 this academic year.

And no, Georgetown isn't playing any of those above teams, either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom