Reaction Score
Congrats to Gtown and Coach Patrick Ewing
What an amazing run - not quite at the 2011 UConn level but still amazing
Hopefully they stole one slot from Cuse
Ewing has a nice class coming in next year - it should be fun - Sanogo vs Wahab

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Absolutely insane! 25 points? i don’t see how anyone except G-town saw that one coming. I’m flabbergasted.

VCE

Reaction Score
Yet? ?

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
Maybe the hottest run in history by an underdog in the BET?

4 wins in 4 days
Dam-Troll.jpg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Great call. Let me know what your stock tips are, I’m always looking for a solid short.

Patrick Ewing just won the BET and you are criticizing the OP for saying he is a good coach? How many major conference teams with losing records going in have won their conference tournaments? Ewing did an amazing job.

Reactions: VCE
Reaction Score
Patrick Ewing just won the BET and you are criticizing the OP for saying he is a good coach? How many major conference teams with losing records going in have won their conference tournaments? Ewing did an amazing job.
Um.....no, not criticizing him for saying Ewing is a great coach. PE was a great college and pro player and is a great coach. Was criticizing the OP for his uncanny prediction. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Congrats to you on the mush. Most predictable thing in the world.

Reaction Score
Imagine how good Gtown would have been if akinjo and Mcclung didn’t defect. Guard play was their issue all year. They would have been a top 15 team with those guys this year.

Reaction Score
What the..... Creighton. They win the game that was supposed to be the championship then get absolutely rolled in the finals. How?

VCE

Reaction Score

4 wins in 4 days
Imagine how good Gtown would have been if akinjo and Mcclung didn’t defect. Guard play was their issue all year. They would have been a top 15 team with those guys this year.

the chemistry between the two was awful.

Our performance last year prior to the defections was pretty atrocious. And that team had great talent between Akinjo/Mac/Leblanc/Yurtseven/Gardner/Allen/Pickett/Blair/MoselyPlus a younger Wahab.

Ten legit power conference players and we sucked. pat’s turnaround as a coach is awesome. I look at a kid like Harris, ranked in the 400s winning the MOP at the BET and I’m so much happier with him than mackinjo.

Reaction Score
the chemistry between the two was awful.

Our performance last year prior to the defections was pretty atrocious. And that team had great talent between Akinjo/Mac/Leblanc/Yurtseven/Gardner/Allen/Pickett/Blair/MoselyPlus a younger Wahab.

Ten legit power conference players and we sucked. pat’s turnaround as a coach is awesome. I look at a kid like Harris, ranked in the 400s winning the MOP at the BET and I’m so much happier with him than mackinjo.
Harris is a case study for those on this board who obsess about recruit ranking. DH said something to him after the last Georgetown game because of how well he played.
We need to recruit Georgia because there's a number of Ricky Moore and Jeremy Lamb quality players there every year. There must be something in the water in Norcross.

Reaction Score

4 wins in 4 days
What Georgetown did this weekend has been done before, only better. Let's be honest here, the Big East of 2021 was not the same level of competition as the Big East of 2011.

And I say that as a dedicated conference homer.

Reaction Score
What the..... Creighton. They win the game that was supposed to be the championship then get absolutely rolled in the finals. How?
Pretty similar situation to the Super Bowl. Replace Britt Reid with some head coach. I didn't watch but I know Creighton's shooting was horrible and they are a good shooting team.

Reaction Score
What Georgetown did this weekend has been done before, only better. Let's be honest here, the Big East of 2021 was not the same level of competition as the Big East of 2011.

And I say that as a dedicated conference homer.

Well the thing is... that Uconn did it better in 2011 obviously. But everyone knew it was a good team and it was ranked in the Top 25. I'm not sure that's a true underdog.

Reaction Score
The Big East will be much bigger with a UConn - Georgetown rivalry. Ewing was the perfect choice to fill JT's position. Not many schools get it right on the first try, but GTown did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom