Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I agree. It’s weird that we may be a better offensive team with Sanogo off the floor. It opens the paint up for guys to drive and cut to the rim. Whaley does a great job passing and has range to extend bigs too. A lot of spacing on the floor and ball movement overall.

Plus defensively we get Whaley the best hedger ever back. Sanogo has to find a way make his teammates better linke Whaley does.

I think the team is better on offense with either Sanogo or Whaley on the floor and the other on the bench.

They are different but each is better. Put Sanogo in there with three shooters and one slasher and he has much more room to operate one on one in the post. It's tougher for teams to double him up.

Put Whaley in there and he can play the high post and is a much better passer and cutter than Sanogo. You can almost go five out with Whaley and just have him diving to the basket for catch and shoots or getting offense rebounds.

There's also the possibility that the starting 5 gets in to more of a groove if Whaley can start hitting 1-2 three pointers a game. He's no Ray Allen or Ben G but Whaley is up over 30% and when he has his feet set and is squared up his shot is good enough to keep the defense honest and the lane open.

Reaction Score
I think we're setup to make a deep run in March because of the output our bench has had the last couple games.....
Polley is showing more confidence than I've ever seen out of him
Hawkins is starting to show us why he will be a star
Gaffney has given us solid minutes the last few games (no awful TO's and starting to make some shots)

Lets make a run!!!!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
View attachment 73835
The points distribution is really impressive. yeah, yeah, I know it’s just Georgetown, but eight points or greater eight players deep? that makes for a team that is really difficult to stop

What should really scare teams is the combined numbers of Jackson and Martin. 18 points 18 rebounds 10 assists. Those are crazy all around game numbers for guys who are our interchangeable 2 and 3's. The rebounding out of that position is really stout and unique.

Reaction Score
I think the team is better on offense with either Sanogo or Whaley on the floor and the other on the bench.

They are different but each is better. Put Sanogo in there with three shooters and one slasher and he has much more room to operate one on one in the post. It's tougher for teams to double him up.

Put Whaley in there and he can play the high post and is a much better passer and cutter than Sanogo. You can almost go five out with Whaley and just have him diving to the basket for catch and shoots or getting offense rebounds.

There's also the possibility that the starting 5 gets in to more of a groove if Whaley can start hitting 1-2 three pointers a game. He's no Ray Allen or Ben G but Whaley is up over 30% and when he has his feet set and is squared up his shot is good enough to keep the defense honest and the lane open.
One of the benefits of Adama's early foul trouble is for the team to have to learn to be proficient with IW at the 5. I would argue that they're looking pretty good in that scenario.. Even if its not Plan A.. A strong Plan B is a good thing.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I also keep saying that Akok is vastly better playing the 4 with Sanogo. So in your rotation he can come in when Sanogo comes in and Whaley sit. He's not a 5.

Hurley definitely leaves the starters in too long rather than rotating one of them out at a time. It leaves us too many lineups that don't work or are overmatched.
That may have developed into fruition if Akok didn’t get injured and Polley wasn’t playing well. However, at this point in the year if Whaley is not at the 4 I’d rather have Polley or Martin or Jackson against the majority of teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom